Replacing the Fuel Hose On a Stihl 180 Chainsaw
The consumer can repair Stihl chainsaws independently due to the simplicity of the design. The tool recommended in the construction segment has a capacity of 1400 watts, an engine capacity of 31 cubic meters. cm.
The tool has excellent recommendations, popularity among users. This is due to a reasonable price and quality characteristics. However, the operation of the chainsaw is periodically accompanied by breakdowns.
The cost of repair work in the service is quite high. In many cases, their own technical knowledge allows consumers to repair their own Stihl 180 chainsaws with their own hands.
The most common types of chainsaw malfunctions
The Stihl 180 chainsaw is operated in accordance with the instructions supplied with the tool. The user starts the start-up system after he is convinced of the presence of oil, gasoline, and makes sure that the chain is correctly tensioned.
Work with the tool begins after it is securely fixed in the hands. If a tool malfunction is detected, it is necessary to determine what caused the Stihl chainsaw malfunction.
The causes of the malfunction of the tool may be:
- leakage in the oil system;
- clippings formed in the crankcase cord;
- carburetor malfunctions;
- air entering the crankcase through oil seals;
- worn gear in the oil pump;
- no spark appears on the ignition section;
- worn drive sprocket;
- violation of the integrity of the eye under the control lever.
To carry out an independent repair, a failed Stihl chainsaw, the tools that are in stock at each consumer are used.
It can be:
- Socket and wrench keys;
- vacuum gauge used to determine defects in oil seals, carburetor, crankcase;
- air compressor used for purging and cleaning units and assemblies;
- T-key STIHL Torx 27;
- stopper restricting crankshaft travel;
- bearing puller.
Actions in case of malfunction detection in various parts of the unit
Unpleasant phenomena such as loss of power, lack of connection, and idle support are common.
The reasons for this behavior of the tool are the malfunctions of the chainsaw carburetor. This is expressed in pollution by dust particles, sawdust. Such a breakdown can be fixed on its own without problems.
Carburetor cleaning is carried out using:
- a small amount of gasoline;
- Phillips screwdriver
- heads, size 8.
The sequence of steps when performing repairs:
- To begin repairing the carburetor, they begin by cleaning them of dirt and dusty particles, fine wood. To do this, use a brush. When the surface is completely free of debris, the repairman removes the cover, and then the filter.
- The air collector is released after unscrewing the mountings of the air filter. Now the user gets access to the accelerator and rods. The accelerator lever is removed immediately, as the shutter is lowered by pressing the finger down.
- From the seat, the carburetor moves back after the suction lever is removed and closed. Then the wire is removed and stretched out to stop the engine. A plastic lever is being shot, which is the place where the wire is attached.
- He is raised on the left. As a result, the carburetor is released, which makes it possible to pull it out and clean it. For these purposes, the use of a compressor is convenient. In his absence, the parts are washed in clean gasoline.
Video: Replacing the Fuel Hose On a Stihl 180 Chainsaw
Stihl chainsaw disassembly. video
The saw carburetor assembly process is carried out in reverse order. If after this process there is the appearance of smoke from the muffler and the saw engine starts poorly, you need to make sure that there is a spring located under the lever needle.
A spring shuts off the fuel supply. In its absence, spontaneous "overflow" of fuel into the candle occurs. It is important to ensure that the spring is installed in its place, and make sure that the candle is working.
If the candle is poured with gasoline, then it should be dried. To do this, the part is twisted, merged, the excess fuel that has got inside, through the existing hole. The candle dries for more than half an hour. Then it is put into place, and the chainsaw is brought into working condition.
Insufficient contact between the high-voltage wire and the end of the plug can also be one of the causes of tool breakage. Stihl chainsaw parts can be repaired by replacing problematic parts.
For example, when a candle fails, it is replaced by a reliable one. Chains, sprocket, tires are subject to rapid wear. They solve anti-vibration tasks in the device of the chainsaw, so their replacement is carried out urgently. Such parts are recommended to be kept in stock.
Particular attention to the oil pump
The oil supply can be interrupted for various reasons. The most common malfunction of the oil pump. You can verify this by the condition of the chain lubrication.
If the oil supply to the circuit is interrupted, it becomes dry or excessively wet. these are signs of poor performance of the oil pump.
To eliminate the problem, the oil hose is inspected. The connection between the hose and the oil pump and tank is examined for leaks.
Serving a chainsaw oil pump. video
Problems arise such as the result of mechanical damage to parts of the oil system. To get to the problem area, this unit is disassembled.
If the repairman is convinced that the hose is damaged, replace it. However, depending on the degree of damage, it is possible to seal with special compounds.
Before sealing begins, the surface is washed and degreased. By repairing stihl ms 180 on its own, the consumer has the opportunity to radically save.
Identify problems in starting up the unit
There may be a problem in which the Stihl 180 does not start. It is usually associated with a broken starter. Actually, the unit does not start after tensioning the cord.
The reasons for the failure to start the starter can be:
- Failure of the spring.
- Cracked or broken pulley.
- A rush of rope to run.
Before you find out the cause of the breakdown, and begin repairing the starter of the chainsaw, the chainsaw body is removed. To do this, unscrew the screws that hold the cover with the starter.
In this case, screwdrivers or a special tool are used. A visual inspection of the starter reveals the reasons why the tool did not start.
Damage to the pulley with cracks and tears is reflected in the performance of the tool. Detection of mechanical malfunctions or defects at the attachment point of the soft spring.
The attachment point, as well as the tip of the spring inserted into it, is vulnerable. If faults or damage to individual parts of the starter are detected, they are replaced with new ones.
Dismantling and maintenance of the piston system of the Stihl 180 chainsaw. video
The unit can be repaired qualitatively with full compliance of the details with the brand of the chainsaw. The same scheme for replacing spare parts applies to do-it-yourself saws.