Running-In Lawn Mowers
Maintenance Tips for Lawn Mowers and Brush Cutters
Is there a lot of plantations, dense grass and shrubs on your site, besides, the relief is far from ideal? Then the gasoline braid will become your irreplaceable assistant.
You made a difficult choice, read many articles and forums on gardening equipment, and as a result purchased a lawn mower with an air-cooled two-stroke engine. Probably, you have already managed to test it in business, everything suits you, the braid does its job, conscientiously fulfilling the funds spent on its purchase.
In order for the purchased lawn mower to continue to please you, to work properly for many years without requiring repairs, you need to follow some simple recommendations:
1. Carefully read the instruction manual for your lawn mower, especially the section on the use of engine oil and gasoline. This engine runs on a mixture of high quality two-stroke oil and gasoline in a ratio of 1/50 i.E. For 1 liter of gasoline, add 20 gr. Oils. It is recommended to use gasoline with an octane rating of at least 92, and oil. Semi-synthetic or synthetic two-stroke. Always follow the instructions for a specific product when measuring oil, and not the inscriptions on the oil can! Stir the mixture in a separate container for at least 1 minute. It is best to use a 20 ml medical syringe to measure the oil. When the engine is running with an insufficient amount of oil, the cylinder-piston group will quickly fail from insufficient lubrication; with an excessive amount of oil in the fuel, the engine will clog up with carbon deposits after a while and will also fail. Therefore, accurate metering of oil and gasoline is very important for normal engine operation.
2. The fuel mixture should not be stored for more than one month, the oil in gasoline begins to oxidize and loses its lubricating properties, so try to dilute as much of the fuel mixture as you can use up in a month.
3. The new engine requires running-in. DO NOT idle the two-stroke engine! It is imperative to run in under load, it is necessary to mow the grass at full throttle with periodic re-gasification with a time limit of 15 minutes-work, 15 minutes-rest. When working out 4-5 fuel tanks in this mode, the run-in is considered complete, and the engine can work without interruption until the fuel in the tank runs out and only after that it must be allowed to cool.
4. Constantly monitor the cleanliness of the air and fuel filters, never leave fuel in the tank for more than 1 month, when storing lawn mowers for the winter, drain the fuel from the tank and start the engine to generate fuel in the carburetor.
5. Do not allow the winding of grass between the gearbox and the disc or a spool with a fishing line, promptly clean the winding grass, if mowing tall grass with a fishing line, then mow from above no more than 15 cm at a time. The disc can mow tall grass at the root. The mowers’ boom and gearbox must be cleaned of grass at the end of each working day, otherwise the chopped grass will dry out and turn into a cement-like mass, which is very difficult to clean and which will prevent the gearbox from cooling properly. It is strictly forbidden to wash the gearbox by immersing it in water, this will lead to the ingress of water into the gearbox and its failure! Once a year, after the end of the warranty period, it is necessary to lubricate the hard shaft inside the rod with a thin layer of oil (lithol-24) and change the lubricant in the gearbox every two years.
6. While working with the lawn mower, do not jam the metal disc at full speed against trees, fences, stones, etc. As this could damage the clutch or engine. When using a spool with line, cut only with the ends of the line; if the edge of the spool hits a hard object or the ground, the plastic clips may crack and the spool will fail. When the line breaks, it is allowed to lightly hit the reel button on the ground, before that pressing full throttle and releasing the gas button. The spool button will be pressed briefly, and under the action of centrifugal forces, about 3 cm of line will come out of the reel, if this is not enough, you need to hit the button again. If too much line has come out, it will touch the trimming knife installed on the protective cover during rotation and will be cut to the required length. Use safety glasses or a mask as Flying pieces of line or grass cut can injure you. For example, I will say that hitting the line at full throttle easily breaks a champagne bottle, so you should not neglect the protection of your eyes.
So, the implementation of the above rules for servicing lawn mowers and brush cutters will help extend their service life.
Trimmer petrol / lawn mower Stihl FS 55. Technical description of the model
- Total weight 5 kg.
- Power 1.1 HP.
- Straight boom design.
- T-shaped handle design.
- Cutting tools fishing line, metal disc.
- Maximum permissible cutting area up to 1000 m2.
The petrol / lawn trimmer Stihl FS 55 is a light, mobile scythe with a large reserve of power. An indispensable helper for mowing meadow and ornamental grass, when mowing on undulating or rough terrain. With the same productivity, the machine shines soft grass and clears thick bushes or overgrown grass. A small bar allows you to mow in hard-to-reach places: along the wall of the house, around bushes, poles, benches.
Trimmer petrol / lawn mower Stihl FS 55. Description of the advantages of the model
- Ergonomic two-handed handle in silver color. Fits comfortably in the hand, does not slip out during work.
- The engine control mechanism is built into the handle. This is done to improve the safety of use.
- Replaceable cutting equipment expands the functionality of the tool. The Stihl FS 55 petrol / lawn mower trimmer includes a disc for hard and overgrown grass, a disc for pruning shrubs.
- Eye protection glasses. Provide direct and lateral protection, blown inside, do not create the greenhouse effect of glass, provide a good panoramic view.
- STIHL shoulder strap. Comfortable use of the trimmer increases productivity, reduces energy losses, evenly distributes the load, and does not put pressure on the shoulder. Frees hands for productive mowing, locks the braid during operation.
- The tank is made of a translucent material that allows the operator to visually monitor the fuel level.
- Fuel consumption is controlled by a special system. Thanks to her, the trimmer consumes fuel economically, produces little exhaust.
- Easy trimmer control. No special knowledge and experience is required to work with the tool. The user can easily figure out the buttons on the handle, indicated by generally accepted symbols.
- Lack of electric drive. The chainsaw works anywhere in a large area without a network connection.
Running in petrol trimmer / lawn mowers Stihl FS 55. Instructions for users
Trimmer running-in is necessary for subsequent normal and long-term operation. When running in, the moving parts rub in, the initial resistance in the drive mechanism is increased, to reduce it, the parts wear out slightly. Also, the running-in process gives the beginner the opportunity to learn how to operate the trimmer.
- Before starting work, prepare a fuel mixture from the recommended brands of oil and gasoline specified in the data sheet. The proportions are approximately as follows: for 2.5 liters of AI.95, add 100 grams of Stihl oil in a red package. For mixing, purchase a container made of plastic resistant to aggressive liquids or an aluminum container. An ordinary canister always with rusted micro-areas, accumulating in the saw carburetor, rust leads to clogging and breakage of the unit.
- The cumulative running-in time is from 3 to 4 hours. During this period, it is not recommended to operate the tool at idle speed for more than 15 minutes. Requires constant filling for 20-30 seconds.
- It is possible to combine running in and perform simple work without load, for example, cutting soft vegetation.
- Once every six months, the instrument with a warranty period must be brought to the service center for technical inspection and carburetor adjustment.
Running lawn mowers
In this article, I will tell you how to properly run a lawn mower (lawn mower, trimmer, whatever you like). You bought a lawn mower and want to start working for it right away, it’s good if a qualified seller sold it and explained to you what engine run-in is, why you need it and how to do it. And if not, or explained incorrectly, or even said that running-in is not required (which by the way is relevant for some professional lawn mowers, but not for Chinese ones).
Why do you need engine break-in at all?
The fact is that all the moving parts in the engines need to rub against each other, remove all irregularities and roughness, because it is impossible to do everything perfectly accurately at the factory right away (especially for the walls of the cylinder and piston, where the so-called mirror needs to be filled). And this must be done in a sparing mode, and in some case it is impossible to work as a lawn mower at full power, since in the worst case, you can catch a wedge, or spoil a new piston and drastically reduce its resource. One of the most common mistakes when running in lawn mowers is when they simply leave the engine idling, fire off a couple of tanks of gasoline and thereby make a break-in. I will not argue, this is better than no running-in at all, but nevertheless it is not correct, such a running-in will not help to fully reach maximum power (why so, you can read and even look at the end of the article).
How then is right?
And to run in the lawn mower correctly, this is how to mix gasoline with oil in a slightly larger proportion than what is written on the oil label, fill in, install a spool with a fishing line (only fishing line, no knives on the run-in) and slowly start mowing, not at full throttle and in a sparing mode. Thus, you will need to burn at least a couple of tanks of gasoline, after that you can start full-fledged work without restrictions, as you can see, there is nothing complicated about it.
What other options are there?
But sometimes the situation develops in such a way that it is impossible to run the lawn mower in the way above, since you have huge thickets of bushes or reeds, which can only be mowed with a knife and at maximum speed, which is absolutely impossible to do during running. Then we return to the first incorrect method of running in the lawn mowers at idle speed, only with minor clarifications:
Be sure to collect the lawn mower or at least put a clutch cup (it is forbidden to start it without a clutch cup).
After the lawn mower has been idling for 5-10 minutes, we come up and do a good gas cycle for about one minute, then leave the lawn mower to continue idling and after 5-10 minutes we repeat the gas cycle until we burn at least one tank of gasoline (preferably two ). This method is slightly worse than the previous one, but it also takes place.
Finally, let’s talk about oil.
I would like to draw your attention to another rather common mistake in the operation of gasoline equipment, which is not related to running-in, but nevertheless, it can bring the engine of your lawn mowers out of standing. It consists in the following, never mix gasoline with oil in advance, only after using an online casino at all-free-films.Net. You should understand that oil mixed with gasoline retains its properties for about one, maximum two weeks. After this time, consider that you are working on pure gasoline, and accordingly you can say goodbye to your piston, I will not be given here in detail why this happens, just take it for granted and mix gasoline with oil just before work. And always remember that you CANNOT save on oil!
Consumables and spare parts for lawn mowers here!
For those who are wondering why it is impossible to run in idle.
The main problem in the temperature regime of the combustion of the fuel mixture at which carbon remains and poor cooling, you can look at the four minute in it everything is succinctly explained.
Running a chainsaw or lawn mowers (lawn mowers)
Many of us today are employed in rural areas and it is such a tool as a chainsaw or lawn mower that is an integral part of everyday life. Having purchased the model of any of these tools you like, the question arises what conditions to ensure that it will serve for a rather long time and please with its impeccable work and performance?
In particular, this article will focus on such a necessary procedure as running in a new engine. Almost every tool, be it a chainsaw or a lawn mower, is equipped with a gasoline two-stroke engine, which needs to be run in correctly during the first minutes of operation. Namely, there is a process of the so-called lapping of all moving parts and the saw headset. It is on the correctness of its implementation that will depend on how well and for how long it will work.
Before starting to start the device, you need to study in great detail the user manual attached to the purchased tool and follow all the necessary recommendations that the manufacturer indicated in this manual. It is imperative that you check the presence of oil in the chain lubrication tank. If there is no lubricant there, at high speeds the tire and chain will fail very quickly. In the process of work, there is a sure way to check this, namely, when the chainsaw is running at high speeds, you need to direct the tire to a blank sheet of paper and in the case of a normally incoming lubricant on the sheet you will see a strip of oil.
The key to the flawless operation of your chainsaw and its long-term performance is oil. The market now presents a huge variety of different oils that can be used for two-stroke engines at different price points. Typically, expensive lubricants are used for mopeds and motorcycles. The label on which this information is indicated will help you determine what the lubricant is intended for.
At the first stage of the operation, you need to prepare the fuel mixture, namely, mix the correct proportions of gasoline with oil, again, you can find this information in the instructions for your chainsaw. But, as a rule, it is 1:40, that is, for 1 liter of gasoline you should take 25 grams of oil. Also, it is recommended to take more oil when first filling the tool to ensure more thorough lubrication of all engine parts. It is very important to use only high-quality gasoline, which you buy at proven gas stations. Also, it should be noted that during operation, often due to the large amount of oil poured in than the manufacturer recommends, carbon deposits form on the candle, the saw smokes more and the muffler becomes dirty quickly, so we strongly do not recommend you to do this.
After you start the engine, it should be allowed to idle, and then begin to load the tool a little, adhering to safety rules. You should take a very responsible approach to this process and do not overload the engine in the first minutes of its operation, as it can fail quickly enough. In this case, it is also important to run in the saw headset. In this case, it requires lubrication and good tension. In order for the chain to serve as long as possible, it is recommended to place it in oil for several hours so that all nodes and moving parts are saturated. The next step is to pull the chain on the tire in such a state that it can be freely moved by hand and then rotate at idle for 3-5 minutes and then check the tension, but only after it has cooled down. After completing the engine break-in, you will need a carburetor control setting, which can be more accurately performed at the service center.
If you have a lawn mower at your disposal, then its first start requires first of all the inspection of the gearbox for a sufficient amount of lubrication and proper fuel preparation. You should choose an oil that is recommended by the manufacturer of this tool, and if information is not available, then it is best to purchase a good two-stroke oil.
After you have started the engine, you should let it warm up at idle and at that moment you will need to adjust the air supply so that the spool or knife does not rotate. Then you should fully open the air supply and squeeze the trigger halfway for 20-30 seconds. Having released the gas, it is necessary to let the tool run for about 30-40 seconds. This sequence must be performed for 10-15 minutes and after that you can turn off the engine and give it a rest.
After the lawn mower has cooled down, you should start the engine with the air damper already open, without holding the gas for a long time, and also not allowing the engine to idle for a long time. In the next step, you should go to the gearbox running in, which is performed when mowing young grass. In this case, you have to do the work of mowing with greasing for 5-10 minutes, and then take a break and repeat this procedure three to four times. Such stages are carried out, as a rule, until the complete development of the fuel mixture and after that your tool will be ready for continuous operation.
During operation, you should monitor the condition of the fuel filter and air filter and clean them promptly. If this is a chainsaw, then be sure to keep the chain always sharpened, this will put as little load on the engine as possible. By performing such simple steps, whether you have a chainsaw or a lawn mower, you will greatly increase the service life, and you will ensure a good mood for yourself for many years to come.
It should be noted that the petrol braid is very easy to operate. It is enough to see how other users use this unit to start using it fully. Performing basic technical functions is intuitive and does not require any difficulties in practice. Correctly running in a gasoline trimmer is also not difficult. over, there is almost no difference between household and professional devices.
The key difference is the type of motor. On professional equipment, it is more powerful and produces more revs. The two-stroke engine is more commonly used in household models. Four-stroke units are more reliable and produce more force, therefore they are suitable for special conditions, difficult and overgrown areas.
Features of running-in lawn mowers
Lawn mowers, they are also trimmers, are popular. These low-cost machines can be used in summer cottages, in personal agricultural holdings, farms and utilities. However, the practicality of such devices can only be appreciated by those who can properly start their operation.
How to get started?
The literacy of the first start-up largely determines how the gasoline scythe will show itself during further operation. Errors can reduce the life of the device. The fact is that after starting, the moving mechanisms of the working apparatus will rub against each other. Additionally, the skills of using the trimmer are formed. This is very important in cases when this technique is used for the first time.
Start by inspecting the gearbox and the quality of its coating with grease. Then prepare the fuel mixture according to the instructions.
Noticing a lack of lubrication or its absence, you need to add a portion of Litol. The procedure is very simple: unscrew the screw located on the bend of the gear housing. Through the freed channel, add 1-2 ml of lubricant with a technical syringe. During daily work with the trimmer, once in 8-10 hours, you will have to lubricate the boom gear.
But running in lawn mowers is not limited to just oil.
Two-stroke engines require a combustible mixture of two-stroke oil and gasoline. It is prepared in the proportion indicated in the instrument manual or on the lubricant label. Fuel preparation should be done little by little, so that only one mow is enough. You need to place the fuel supply in the following container:
- Plastic cans;
- Metal containers.
It is recommended to take oil with a medical syringe. This will allow you to more accurately observe the dosage. Sometimes another question arises, the tool manufacturer and the engine oil manufacturer indicate different proportions of the combustible mixture, so it is difficult to decide which instructions to follow.
After the end of the tests and filling the fuel mixture, the following manipulations should be done:
- Put the trimmer on a flat surface;
- Move the lever to the closed position;
- Pump fuel into the carburetor;
- Start the ignition system;
- Pull the launching cord with smooth movements, expecting resistance;
- Immediately after that, make 3 or 4 strong jerks;
- As soon as the engine starts, open the choke.
How to achieve running-in parts?
The startup technique just described is quite suitable even for Chinese technology. But sometimes the first start fails or the trimmer stalls immediately. In this case, the same manipulations are carried out with the slightly open air duct damper. If even then nothing works, you need to contact a specialist. If the system is working normally, you still should not run in the device right away.
First, the engine should warm up for 5 minutes at idle speed. Important: if the instructions indicate a different time, then it is necessary to follow its instructions. During the warm-up period, it is necessary to adjust the air supply. By setting different positions of the choke lever, they ensure that the cutting part does not move. After waiting for warm-up, open the damper completely and set the power to 50% of the maximum.
In this position, the lever is held for 20 to 30 seconds. Dropping gas to a minimum, allow the streamer to run for 30-40 seconds. Then they set the power to 20%, and wait 10-15 minutes. After that, the motor is turned off and left alone for ¼ hours. When the trimmer cools down, the motor is run in according to the already described scheme, but with the initially open damper.
Long gas retention must be avoided, as poorly run-in parts can be damaged. Long work at idle speed is also contraindicated, it will lead to overheating. This completes the running-in of the motor, then you need to run in the gearbox. This procedure is carried out in an open area where soft fresh grass grows. It is mowed for 5 to 10 minutes without interruption, periodically stepping to a power of 50-75%.
After such a session, the lawn mower is stopped for 20 or 25 minutes. Usually 3-4 cycles are enough for the trimmer gear to work properly for many years. Most often, they try to run in the device until the first fuel filling ends.
For the features of running in a lawn mower, see the following.
Starting the trimmer for the first time
When everything has been checked and the prepared fuel mixture is poured into the tank, the moment comes for the first start of the trimmer before running it in. To do this, you must perform the following manipulations:
- Place the lawn mower on a flat, horizontal surface;
- Move the choke control lever to the closed position;
- We pump fuel into the carburetor with several strokes of the primer;
- Turn on the ignition switch;
- Smoothly pull out the starting cord until you feel resistance;
- Then make 34 sharp jerks with the cord until the lawn mower starts;
- After starting, open the air damper.
Preparing the correct fuel mixture
Before starting the running-in of a new engine for lawn mowers, it is also necessary to properly prepare the fuel mixture. As is known for two-stroke engines, it is prepared from a special two-stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain proportions. You can find out the proportions from the instructions that came with the tool, or on the lubricant label. From the instructions, you will also find out the recommended type of fuel, as well as the recommended type of engine oil.
When going to run in a new lawn mower, many are faced with a problem in preparing the fuel mixture. And the reason for this is the discrepancy in the instructions of the tool manufacturer and in the instructions of the engine oil manufacturer. The former recommend a 1:25 ratio. The latter recommend 1:50. Whom to believe? How to proceed?
According to experts, if manufacturers write a ratio of 1:25 or 1:30 in the instructions for a lawn mower, then most likely this is either a cheap tool with poor cooling, or the manufacturer does not know what kind of oil the consumer will add. But here you need to understand that an excess of lubricant does not in the best way affect the performance of the trimmer. Excess oil does not completely burn out when the engine is running. It cokes, clogs the cylinder and piston.
How to deal with this situation when running in a new tool? The ideal option would be to purchase exactly the oil recommended by the lawn mower manufacturer. In the case of run-in engines, when it is not possible to purchase the recommended oil, it is best to purchase a good Husqvarna two-stroke oil for the gasoline-powered tool of the same name. It is not cheap, but it lasts for a long time. It is necessary to stir it as written in the instructions on the bank.
Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
Before you start the lawn mower for the first time, you need to perform a number of sequential actions:
- Inspect the gearbox and lubricate it;
- Prepare the correct fuel mixture.
First start-up and running-in of lawn mowers
Correct first start-up and running-in of a lawn mower are very important steps when starting a new tool. On the one hand, they allow you to preserve the service life of a gasoline engine, laid down by the manufacturer, since at this stage, the grinding of moving units and parts takes place. On the other hand, the first necessary skills of working with a trimmer are acquired when it comes to the first tool in life.
- Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
- Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
- Preparing the correct fuel mixture
- Starting the trimmer for the first time
- Let’s start running lawn mowers
Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
The gearbox must be checked on a regular basis before starting the petrol trimmer. Lack of lubricant or a small amount of it increases the friction of the gear transmission of the reducer, which operates at rather high speeds. The result is overheating and gears. The lawn mower gearbox is out of order. To prevent the occurrence of such a breakdown during operation and helps regular inspection.
If it is detected, before starting the gasoline scythe, an insufficient amount of lubricant in the gearbox or its absence, LITOL is put into the body. To do this, unscrew the screw on the bend of the gear housing and sprinkle LITOL in the amount of 1-2 ml.
Let’s start running lawn mowers
After starting, do not rush to immediately run in the trimmer. Allow 5 minutes to warm up the engine at idle speed. While warming up, adjust the air supply with the choke lever so that the spool with line or knife does not rotate. As soon as the tool has warmed up, open the air supply completely by moving the corresponding lever to the ON position and squeeze the throttle trigger 1/2 and hold it for 2030 seconds. Then we release the gas, let the trimmer work at XX 30.40 seconds. In this mode we continue for 1015 minutes. Then we muffle and let it rest for 1520 minutes.
Having cooled the lawnmower, we continue to run in the engine according to the previous scheme. Start on hot, the trimmer must be already with an open air damper. Try not to hold the gas for a long time, as the moving parts of the tool only rub against each other. And do not let the engine idle for a long time as it can overheat.
The next stage is running in the gasoline scythe gearbox. To do this, you must select an area with soft young grass. We mow for 510 minutes with podgazovkami at 1/22/3 of full throttle. After that we take a break for 2025 minutes. The cycle is repeated 34 times.
In general, the lawn mowers are run in according to the described algorithm until the fuel mixture in the tank is completely depleted. Then the tool is ready for continuous operation. During operation, monitor the temperature conditions of the gearbox and motor. They shouldn’t overheat.
How to start a lawn mower
First of all, prepare the fuel mixture in the proportions as indicated in the data sheet. It is convenient to purchase a special canister for this with two compartments for gasoline and oil.
- Switch on ignition.
- Close the choke and press the fuel priming button several times.
- Place the lawnmower on a flat surface and pull on the starter cord slightly until you feel resistance.
- Pull the cord out sharply several times.
- Open air damper.
Start with a warm engine
Switch on the ignition and pull the cord before starting the engine.
Important! Do not start the engine with the ignition off! Do not use a fuel mixture with the wrong proportions of gasoline and oil. Do not start the unit jerkily more than 5 times if the damper is closed.
What you need to know before using your new lawn mower
How to assemble a lawn mower
After buying a lawn mower, the question arises of how to properly assemble this structure, since many models are supplied unassembled.
We offer detailed instructions on how to assemble a classic lawn mower model.
- We unpack the parts and connect the block with the motor and the rod, as shown in the instructions for the unit. The set usually includes a set of hex keys.
- Install the handle on the bar. To do this, unscrew the bolts on the clamp and place the handle in it. Bike models are positioned with the throttle trigger on the right. Tighten the bolts.
- We collect the casing. We install a knife on it (if it is in the set) and fasten the cover to the bar with a special fastener.
- Installing the trimmer head. We unclench the washers on it and fix it first by the side hole (we stretch a thin wire or rod so that the head does not spin). Unscrew the reverse thread nut.
- Installation of equipment. To fix the fishing line, remove the tapered washer, and leave the flat washer. Then put on the drum with the cord and tighten. To attach a knife or disc, you need to remove both washers, put on the knife and close all with a conical washer and tighten the nut.
How to run a lawn mower properly
The engine must be run in before starting the mowers. This is necessary to extend the service life of the unit, since the mechanisms must get used to each other well for well-coordinated work. In addition, you will better know how the lawn mower works from the inside and get the necessary skills to work with it.
Before running the engine in, lubricate the gearbox and prepare the fuel mixture in the correct proportion. How to prepare fuel for the break-in period, read on.
Tips on how to break in a new lawnmower or at the beginning of the season.
- At the beginning of operation, use the following proportions for the fuel mixture: 40 ml of oil per 1 liter of gasoline. This mixture must be poured into the first full 5 gas tanks, then use the standard proportion indicated in the data sheet.
- Exclude prolonged operation of the engine at high speeds.
- Run only on a warm engine, do not overheat.
- Completely change the oil after running in.
- Open throttle to maximum the first time the engine is running.
If you follow these rules, you will get the engine running in the most gentle mode and high-quality lubrication of the piston group. This will ensure the durability of the lawn mower.
Important! At the beginning, you can see a small accumulation of oil in the muffler, which did not have time to burn out. This is due to its increased content in the fuel mixture. After running-in, change the proportions of oil-gasoline to the standard for this model, and the problem will disappear.
How to wind line on a lawn mower
Winding a new cord onto a reel is a fairly easy process. For work, you will need a roll of new fishing line of the required diameter and shape, a cutting knife and protective gloves. The following is a diagram of replacing the line with a reel with 2 antennae, since this is the most common version.
Reel without rim
Cord winding method
- Fold the line in half and slide the fold into the groove in the spool. If not, simply cut the cord into 2 pieces along the fold mowing line and secure the ends in the holders.
- Thread the tips into the special grooves on each part of the coil.
- Start winding the remaining length of the cord one way.
- Leave 20 cm at the ends and place them in opposite directions, extending into the special holes.
- Cut the cord to the desired length in half.
- Fix the tips in the spool in special fasteners or thread through the holes.
- The bobbin indicates the direction of winding, in which direction you want to wind the cord. Wind without allowing the segments to cross on the spool.
- Dissolve the ends on opposite sides and insert into special slots. The diameter must match.
Important! Purchase a branded cord that is recommended for your lawn mower model. It is stronger than cheap counterparts and will last longer. Also pay attention to the diameter of the holes in the spool spools to find the correct line size. Do not wrap the line tightly, give it free play during operation.
To wind the line on a reel with 1 cutting end, do not fold the line, and for mowing heads with 4 barbs, prepare 4 pieces of line. The winding pattern is the same as described above.