Trimmer Head: Types And Description
One of the common devices designed for mowing grass is a trimmer. It is very easy to operate and maintain. That is why it has become popular among the population. Its significant advantage is low weight. Even a child can handle such equipment.
What it is?
The trimmer consists of a cutting element, a rod, an engine and a handle with a control mechanism.
The main technical characteristics of the trimmer are:
- Equipment weight;
- Type of power (from the network or using the battery);
- Engine location (top or bottom);
- Type of cutting element;
- Type of rod.
All this must be taken into account, buy a particular device.
How to choose the right one?
Before buying this equipment, you need to understand for what purpose it will be used. For a large plot with a flat lawn, it is better to purchase a light model with a small capacity. If you want to improve the suburban area, then you need to choose a more powerful model.
To make the cutting process easy, you need to choose the right cutting element.
Mowing head for trimmer
It is a special assembled coil, inside of which there is a cord.
The trimmer head is classified by the method of feeding the fishing line:
- Tame. In this case, the name speaks for itself, that is, the supply of fishing line occurs mechanically. To make the cord even longer, you must stop the trimmer and manually pull out the ends.
- Semi-automatic. If you want to replace the cord, you need the trimmer head to touch the ground. At the same time, a special button is pressed and the anchor mechanism opens. Further, the cord lengthens due to centrifugal force. The main feature is that the procedure occurs when the trimmer is on.
- Automatic. To lengthen the cord, reduce engine speed. Further, when increasing them, the fishing line is fed automatically.
From the foregoing, it follows that the manual mowing head for the trimmer is inconvenient.
Classification by refueling method
The trimmer head can have several ways of refueling fishing line:
- Quick charge. The new cord is wound indiscriminately on the coil, that is, it does not need to be removed from the device. The end of the new element is hit into the coil and then wound a certain number of times. When a specific value is reached, the cord is cut off. The head with fishing line for this type of trimmer is manufactured by Shindaiwa and Speed-Freed.
- Collapsible. Here the name itself speaks for itself. To replace a new cord, it is necessary to remove the coil from the equipment, then unwind the old fishing line and wind a new one.
It should be noted that the cutting head for the trimmer contains special arrows. They allow you to perform rotational motion of the coil in different directions. If there is a need to wind the line in the direction of rotation of the shaft, it rotates to a specific position. A large amount of coiled cord threatens equipment breakdown. Two arrows are only on imported models. Now on the market are heads with one arrow.
If, after hitting a semi-automatic head, the cord is not wound, then its previous winding is incorrect. That is, after the head for the trimmer was installed, the user did not pull the ends of the fishing line out of the grooves. Another unpleasant moment when the grass is mowed may be the sintering of coil turns.
For various models of trimmers, a semi-automatic head is used, consisting of two parts. The case and the spool. Both elements contain springs. The second part can be performed in several ways:
- Single-section. Both parts of the fishing line are wound together;
- Two-section. Each end is wound on a certain part; this type is the most effective, since the fishing line is not confused and does not sinter.
There is a simple and cheap way to turn a single-section spool into a two-section one. To do this, you need a strong plate. From it you need to cut a circle whose diameter should be equal to the thickness of the spool. In this case, the thickness is taken near the place where the fishing line is wound. This circle moves freely. Further, an incision is made on the ring, put on a spool and connected with glue or tape.