Chainsaw STIHL ms 180 how to start
2 diagram of a standard mechanism. how to start the saw correctly
- The ignition is switched on. To do this, you need to move the toggle switch to the desired place or move the switch.
- The swap primer usually has to be pressed more than twice. Gasoline is poured into it, after which you will have to press the device more than three times. Sometimes the chainsaw is not equipped with a primer, then you can skip this step.
When the device stalls constantly, you need to systematically start it up again (see what to do when the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas). After a while, the motor will pick up speed and be able to maintain active work without interruption.
1 diagram of a standard mechanism
- Before starting the benzoil, it is necessary to move the flap, which acts as an adjustment lever, downwards, in comparison with the optimal position. First you need to press the button responsible for the gas supply. Only if this condition is met is it possible for the damper to move normally to the extreme stop from below. It is necessary to simultaneously move the damper and hold down the gas button. The gas is set to the standard position and the choke closes the carburetor, preparing the unit for correct operation.
In our rating of chainsaws by quality, you will find all chainsaws with an optimal price-quality ratio.
Our other article will also help you to make your choice in favor of a particular brand of chainsaw.
Stihl MS 180 Review and starting technique
Russian-made chainsaws. low price with sufficiently high quality.
When the brake is activated, the assembly process is much slower, so everything is also safe and more comfortable, you can turn on the mechanism without the use of braking equipment.
Getting the Stihl MS180 chainsaw up and running
If a person is not sure of his knowledge and accuracy, then the brake, on the contrary, needs to be activated. With the correct procedure, the device will not start, the mechanism will not perform actions that are dangerous to humans.
How to start a STIHL chainsaw (STIHL MS-180). the first start and start without a starter
Chainsaws differ slightly in design features, however, in most cases, the assembly principle is carried out according to two standard schemes. For many devices, the instructions contain information on the need to activate the emergency brake before starting the activation procedure. You should first master the device of the plant and study the main ways of correcting breakdowns, then a person will have the opportunity to fully operate the device. The article will talk about how to start a chainsaw.
If you cannot turn on and start the chainsaw
When all actions are performed in accordance with the established order, and the chainsaw does not start work, then there are malfunctions in its mechanism. Usually the cause of this phenomenon is common and easily fixable problems, such as lack of spark, shut off the fuel supply, clogged filter that allows air to pass through. In order to start the chainsaw, you will have to find the cause and take the necessary steps to eliminate it.
Only correct actions should be taken. If a person does not know what to do, there is no need to commit rash acts. It is forbidden to disassemble the device, you need to be especially careful with the carburetor. You cannot unscrew any screws on it, since if its device has caused a breakdown, then it is impossible to repair the chainsaw without professional equipment.
The actions that need to be performed in a strict order are listed. Only during the transition from one measure to another can the exact cause of the malfunction be determined and quickly eliminated without damaging other parts. Algorithm of actions performed in case of failures in the establishment of a chainsaw:
- At first it is enough to let the device rest. This is especially true for recently used saws. It is enough to wait no more than 10 minutes, since during this time the mechanism will cool down and in the absence of other breakdowns it will easily start. Sometimes it happens that a candle is poured near the appliance during the establishment. If this unpleasant property has occurred, then it is enough to wait a very short pause and repeat all the steps again to start the engine.
- The housing cover is unscrewed from the device to remove the air filter. The process of starting up the device is performed if it is absent. Sometimes the reason for the lack of ignition is that the filter is dirty. If ignition occurred without it, then the reason lies precisely in this. To eliminate these troubles, it is enough to wash the filter under running, warm water and soap, then dry it. It is also possible to replace the old element with a new one.
- The spark plug is removed. The spark is checked. If it does not appear, you need to replace the old candle with a new one. Usually this helps and a spark appears, but in some cases there is no spark even when changing the mixture.
This means that the ignition unit is damaged, and the chainsaw needs professional repair. Sometimes there is a malfunction of the ignition unit even in the presence of a spark, therefore, this criterion cannot be followed to eliminate the likelihood of breakage.
When a spark appears when it is not possible to make the device work, you must continue to perform the steps described below.
In case of any damage to the cylinder walls, it can be concluded that it will have to be repaired by professional methods or replaced with a new one. Usually, an insufficient concentration of oil in the fuel leads to such malfunctions.
Briefly about the launcher
The chainsaw is powered by an internal combustion engine. This is a simple device, the design of which does not have any special bells and whistles. It usually works properly even in difficult conditions.
Functioning is provided by structural elements:
- Carburetor engine (see carburetor adjustment).
- Centrifugal clutches.
- Ignition system, in almost all devices contactless.
- Carburetor that adds air to the fuel mixture.
- Fuel system. Its standard device consists of a hose, filter and gas tank, but sometimes it also has additional parts.
- Chain (see chain oil).
- Chain tensioner and brake (see how to sharpen the chain).
The chainsaw should be started following the standard instructions. If there are any problems with the operation of the device, for example, the chainsaw does not start, it is necessary to quickly eliminate them or take the device for repair, and in order to identify malfunctions and work correctly with the chainsaw, you need to know the features of its design. To learn how to quickly turn on the device and fix breakdowns, it is enough to study the basic range of necessary actions and follow it. Read about how to properly run your chainsaw before starting it for the first time.
Chainsaw Husqvarna-137: DIY Husqvarna-137 starter repair manual, valve malfunction, no spark
STIHL-180 does not start: reasons and remedies, why the chainsaw fills the candle, gasoline does not flow to the cold
How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw (Husqvarna). tuning and adjusting the saw
Makita (Makita) 4610 chainsaw DCS461 and electric saw 4610. instruction manual
How to start a STIHL MS 180 saw
The STIHL 180 has a conventional starting system, as no additional mechanisms are installed on the model. Before starting operation, fill the fuel tank with a petrol-oil mixture and fill the oil tank with oil. As a reminder, the manufacturer recommends using only certified STIHL oils for its equipment.
- Switch on the ignition, set the control lever to the lowest level.
- Place the tool on a firm surface.
- Pull the starter handle until fuel enters the cylinder. The characteristic sound of the first flash indicates that the fuel has reached the cylinder and the device is ready to start.
- Move the control lever up one division.
- Pull the starter rope again. The mechanism will start to work at increased speeds, due to the maximum open throttle.
- Squeeze and release the throttle trigger to set the throttle to idle, which normalizes the speed of the cutting part.
If after the above steps it was not possible to start the device, then you need to check the inventory for faults.
The reasons why the chainsaw may not start:
- Malfunctions associated with the fuel system: poor fuel quality, lack of fuel mixture supply.
- Clogged main filter elements. A dirty gas filter prevents the supply of fuel to the carburetor of the internal combustion engine, which immediately negatively affects the operation of the equipment. A clogged air filter, in turn, cannot provide a full air supply, without which the engine cannot be started.
- No spark. The reason for this may be a poor quality or damaged spark plug.
- Overheating of the engine.
Monitor the quality and correct ratio of the proportions of the fuel mixture. The presence of water or a large amount of oil in the fuel can cause malfunction or problems with starting garden tools. The optimal shelf life of the petrol-oil mixture is 1 month, then coking resinous deposits form in it, which negatively affect the engine performance.
If the saw does not work when you first try to start, you can first stop it for 10 minutes, then try to start the unit again. If a second attempt does not work, you will have to look under the body of the garden machine: check the condition of the filters, inspect the carburetor and spark plug. Dirty filters should be tried to be cleaned, washed in soapy water, then dried. Running filters will have to be replaced. If the spark plug is wet and does not spark, you can try to dry it, but it is advisable to replace it as well.
How to start a STIHL saw?
In summer cottages, in private houses, when working in gardens and backyard territories, it is often necessary to use special equipment, which requires the use of appropriate knowledge and skills on the part of the user.
STIHL chainsaws are motor-driven garden tools that have a wide range of applications: logging, cutting old trees, seasonal pruning, etc. The equipment of the German company STIHL is known for such technical characteristics as:
- compactness and high power;
- special protection and safety system;
- quality parts and assembly.
The unit belongs to traumatic types of equipment. Before using it, you must read the user manual, follow all safety measures. An important and responsible step is the correct start of the device.
Why the STIHL saw won’t start?
The principle of starting the unit consists of a chain of interconnected processes. If one link of the chain fails or is missing, then this not only adversely affects the operation of the equipment, but can also lead to its breakdown or to problems starting the device.
The operation of the tool involves the following steps:
- Compressed fuel mixture supply. It is needed for the engine to work;
- Spark supply. Required for ignition;
- Start-up and operation of the device. as a consequence of the previous processes.
If, despite the order of actions described in the instructions, the unit does not start, then one of the processes has been disrupted in one of the chain links.
How to start a STIHL saw
Before using the device, carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions. Different saw models differ in design, technical and functional capabilities and, accordingly, have their own inclusion features.
Let’s answer the question: how to start a STIHL saw, using the example of the general algorithm for working with the unit:
- Refueling. it is advisable to fill the fuel mixture immediately before starting work. Attention should be paid to the quality and proportions of fuels and lubricants, since the performance of the equipment and its further condition depend on this.
- Press the chain brake forward to activate it.
- Place the machine on a firm surface. The cutting edge must not come into contact with the ground, as this can blunt the bar, damage the tool and endanger the health and safety of the sawer. Do not start the device on a surface where there are traces of gasoline or oil. this can lead to a fire.
- Remove tire protection.
- Press the decompressor. this step is relevant for those models of equipment that are equipped with a decompression valve.
- Press the fuel pump. relevant for equipment that has it.
- Move the combination lever to the cold start position.
- Pull the starter cord slowly. And then repeat the action until the characteristic sound of the engine start, which should immediately turn off.
- Close the choke. move the position control lever up.
- Pull the starter rope again until the mechanism starts.
- Press the throttle lever with your index finger. At this point, the combination lever will move to the normal idle position.
- Raise the instrument slowly by the upper holder.
- Pull the chain brake handle towards you.
When the chainsaw starts, you need to give it a minute to warm up, after which you can start working.
When working with an already warmed-up engine, you need to put the throttle adjustment lever in the working position, and start the unit in the usual way.
To stop the engine of the chainsaw, lift the throttle adjustment lever up.
Why the STIHL 180 saw won’t start
The main reasons that can lead to difficulties in launching the tool:
Starting a Stihl Chainsaw the correct way. NEVER flood it Again!
- Lack of spark is a common problem for all types of chainsaws. Without a spark, the process of ignition and ignition is impossible. The first thing to do if you cannot start your STIHL 180 saw is to check the spark plugs. Plugged plugs indicate a lubricating oil leak. During prolonged operation, the connection between the oil tank hose and the pump loses its tightness, which, in turn, can cause leaks. To fix the problem, you need to restore the tightness at the joint, dry or replace the candle. Spark plugs have a limited service life, over time they deplete their resource, they have to be replaced.
- Blockages in the fuel supply system. occur during use when aero and benzofilters are dirty. To check the condition of the filter, what you need to get out and try to blow it. If the air does not pass, then there is a blockage that prevents the fuel supply. The solution is to clean the filters. In the same way, you can check if the fuel hose is dirty. You can clean the hose with a wire.
- A ruptured or cracked fuel pump membrane is another reason that prevents the flow of fuel. Replacing the membrane will solve the problem.
- Equipment malfunction is also indicated by irregularities and chips on the cylinder, which usually cause the unit to fade.
- Also, do not forget to periodically lubricate the device chain.
If the visual inspection did not help to find the cause of the STIHL saw malfunction, then you need to contact the specialists of the service workshops.
Correct use, timely prevention and periodic maintenance of STIHL garden equipment will prolong the service life of the equipment and ensure the safety of the user.