How Much Oil Is Poured Into The Tiller Neva Gearbox
Changing the oil in the tiller: what and how much to fill in the gearbox
How the tiller gearbox works, what kind of oil you need to fill in its characteristics and prices, how and how much to fill it, as well as detailed instructions.
What kind of oil is poured
Many people are interested in. What oil to fill in the gearbox tiller? To answer this question, several factors must be taken into account, the main of which is the manufacturer’s recommendation regarding the type of oil.
It is also necessary to be guided by the price, without buying very cheap liquids, because they are unlikely to be of proper quality.
An indispensable tool in pest control is a garden sprayer. By clicking on the link you can familiarize yourself with the gasoline knapsack garden sprayer.
Maz-5337 appeared in the second half of the eighties of the last century. Maz-5337 is a versatile, powerful and very reliable truck.
In general, oils can be of the most varied types:
- Sae. These types of oils cope very well with sudden changes in temperature, so they can be used all year round.
- The selection process is as follows: you need to look at the number that is in front of the letter W. A lower value will indicate that the oil is very well adapted to low temperatures (the smallest is 0W). If the letter W is not on the label, then this oil is suitable for the summer period.
- Api. In this case, the letters in the marking will indicate the type of engine. Gasoline or diesel. Accordingly, a certain letter will say that the oil is suitable for gasoline units, and the other for diesel ones.
- The numbers will talk about the type of engine, those. Number 4 means oil should be used for a 4-stroke engine, etc. The EC value is the degree to which energy is saved, i.E. The higher the value, the better the oil.
- Asea. The largest number in the labeling will indicate that the oil can function in very difficult conditions.
- Gost 17479, 1-85. These indicators characterize the degree of oil viscosity. As a rule, after this parameter, alphabetic and numeric values are written, and their absence indicates that the oil is universal.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, you must drain old fluid. It is in this way that the oil in the gearbox of the Salute tiller, which can be found on the Internet, as well as other tiller models, is changed.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- The tiller must be installed on some hill so that the oil can be easily drained from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. A drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. We first unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Carefully unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil to fill the gearbox.
- Having filled the reducer to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then no more need to top up.
As a rule, the oil change procedure should be performed every 100 hours of tiller operation. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, therefore all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
The reducer is a special device, included in the design of any tiller. It is this part that is responsible for converting and transmitting the torque that is generated from mechanical transmissions. In fact, the gearbox drives the tiller, making it work.
The service life of the whole tiller, as well as its normal functioning, will depend on its quality, as well as on the correct lubrication of its components.
For more information about the reducer, see:
Depending on the model of the tiller, be it a Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas, Foreman or any other, the gearboxes may differ in some design features. Conditionally, gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angle reducers. Such units are quite effective, they allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the gearbox transmission acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheelbase of the tiller.
- Reducing gears. These units achieve an increase in power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are the most preferable because they have an air cooling system in their design, allowing them to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gearboxes. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the tiller. However, the units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speed.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the tiller design, all of them consist of practically the same components:
- Gear case;
- Flange and its fastening;
- A pulley with a V-belt transmission (or chain);
- Ball bearing;
- Drain plug;
- Steel washer and nut;
- Input shaft.
These components traditionally form the gear unit itself. On how good they will be are lubricated, their performance will depend and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
To repair the gearbox, you will need to disassemble it. But for this, the unit must be cleaned, dirt removed and the oil drained. Next, you need to disassemble and identify defective elements. This is achieved by inspection or mechanical strength testing. Spare parts of the tiller gearbox must be used new and only original, if there is no desire to risk the performance of the unit.
After assembly, you must not forget to pour oil into the Tiller Neva gearbox. Otherwise, it will lead to its failure.
How to choose a tiller gearbox
It has become much easier to carry out maintenance work today. After all, you don’t have to do everything manually. For the processing of small land plots, it is used, and I must say, effectively, small-sized equipment. Tillery. These devices allow you to cultivate the soil, say, when growing potatoes, to remove leaves with a rake, and snow with a blade. In a word, the functionality of the tillers is amazing. And thanks to their advantageous compactness, using them in small areas turns out to be an effective measure.
A gearbox is necessary to transmit the rotational motion of the engine to the wheels and attachments. It determines the gear ratio as well as the direction. We will consider the model that is installed on the Tiller Neva MB-1. In principle, the design of other manufacturers is very similar, almost identical, so it will become a clear example of how this unit looks and works. Let’s look at the photo. The gearbox assembly for the tiller.
The device of the tiller gearbox is organized in such a way that the elements responsible for switching gears are located at the top of the body. The gearshift lever is capable of five positions.
By pressing the lever, the fork disengages the clutch. Releasing the lever, the fork moves to the starting position. The drive is connected to the right axle shaft, the tiller slows down.
Torque is transmitted from a sprocket attached to the input shaft (left or right). When the handle is recessed, the left sprocket engages, a low gear is activated. Top gear starts when the handle is fully extended.
The difference between the design of the Neva MB-1 gearbox from, for example, the Cascade is in the features of the output shaft. In the latter case, it is mounted on ball bearings.
What are the tiller reducers. Types and purpose
The tiller design is quite diverse. Modern units are equipped with the following types of gearboxes:
- Angular gearbox for tiller. It is the connecting piece between the engine and transmission. Such a mechanism is distinguished by good characteristics and availability, therefore it is actively used by farmers of small and large land. The corner model can be modified, making it much more productive;
- Reduction gear for tiller. With the help of this type, the engine load is increased and its speed decreases. These gearboxes are among the most reliable and multi-tasking ones, as they consist of durable steel parts and a high-quality cooling system. This technique is highly efficient regardless of workload;
- Reverse gear. This type of reverse rotation is the presence of reverse. The mechanism is installed between the bevel gears, namely on the main shaft. But the gearbox cannot boast of high performance, it has a low speed;
- Gear reducer. This mechanism is installed on heavy tiller models. With its help, torque is transmitted to the wheels of equipment. The gearbox is highly reliable and has a simple design. But maintaining such a mechanism is extremely difficult;
- Worm. This is a gearbox with a special screw, there is also a gear worm wheel. All used spare parts are high-strength, the equipment is efficient and durable. A gearbox of this type is very relevant due to the presence of an angular speed of a reduced type and a torque of the highest type. Even a homemade gearbox will allow the machinery to operate with little noise and a smooth ride. Before use, it is worth paying attention to the gear ratios.
Each type of gearbox has its own distinctive characteristics. You should pay attention to them during the selection and installation of the mechanism.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
How well and durable the tiller gearbox will serve depends directly on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
When purchasing a lubricant, it is worth considering the advice of the tiller manufacturers. It is also worth paying attention to the price of oil. Cheap tools do not guarantee good gearbox performance.
It is worth noting the following types of oils for marking on the market:
- Sae. An excellent composition for work with frequent temperature drops. A number is indicated before the letter W. This is an indicator of the minimum temperature at which the lubricant is poured;
- Asea. The most popular universal products. It depends on the figure in what conditions the equipment can work;
- Api. They are in the highest demand. They serve as a good lubricant, regardless of the type of gearbox and the conditions of use of equipment.
Before using a particular oil, it is worthwhile to read the instructions of the tiller manufacturers.
|Mark Tiller||Tiller gear oil type|
|Neva MB-2||Transmission oil TEP-15 (-5 ° C to 35 ° C) GOST 23652-79, TM-5 (-5 ° C to 25 ° C) GOST 17479.2-85 according to the international viscosity classification system SAE90 API GI- 2 and SAE90 API GI-5, respectively. Filling volume 2.2 liters|
|Neva MB-1||Transmission oil in accordance with GOST 23652-79 (TAD-17I, TAP-15V, etc.).|
|Mkm-3 Mobile-K (lander)||TAD. 1711 GOST 23652-79. Can be filled with SAE 90, SAE 75W / 90 according to API GL-4, GL-5 classification. Refueling 1 liter|
|Salute 5Salute 100||TM 5-18 (TAD17I)|
|Belarus 08N-09N||In summer (above 5 ° C) Motor oils: M-10V2 or M-10G2 GOST 8581 (duplicate. Motor oil M-bz / 10V GOST 10541)In winter (below 5 ° C) Motor oil M-8G2, GOST 8581 (replacement with M-4z / 6V1 GOST 10541 is possible)|
|MTZ.05||M-8B1, M-8V1, M-8G1, according to GOST 10541-78|
|Cascade MB6Cascade MB6-62||Transmission oil according to GOST 23652-79Transmission oil GOST 23652-79 or aircraft type MS-20 GOST 23652-79|
|Ugra NMB-1||ТСn-10 GOST 23652-79 or another type that meets SAE: 80. 85w API: GL3. Gl4|
|Oka MB-1D1 (2) M||Transmission oil TAD-17I, TAP-15V and others in accordance with GOST 23652-79|
|Celina MB||From the factory in the tiller gear oil”RAVENOL” EXP SAE 80W-90 API GL-5 Can be filled with SAE 90 GL-5 gear oils|
|Tarpan||Transmission oil TAD-17I or analogues of SAE 90 SAE 75W / 90 category API GL-4, GL-5.|
|Favorite MB. 3, MB. 4, MB. 5||TAD-17i or MS-20|
|Motor Sich||Lubricating oil TAD17I, Tap-15V, TEP-15, TSp-15K, TSl-14 in accordance with GOST 23652|
|Patriot garden||Oil 85W90|
|Zubr||TAP 15 oil|
Features of the tiller reducer device
In each tiller unit, the design includes certain details. They differ slightly in different types of gearboxes.
In detail, the mechanism consists of the following parts:
- Covers and pulleys;
- Forks and shift axles;
- Control and shift lever;
- Bushings on the input shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Intermediate shaft gears;
- Washers and oil seals;
- Double-row chain;
- Left and right semiaxis;
- Double asterisks;
- Asterisk block;
- Input shaft;
- Bracket and springs;
- Clutch forks.
You can take a closer look at the structure of this node in the diagram. The tiller gearbox is quite complicated, but following the diagram, you can easily cope with its dismantling and reassembly.
The following steps are taken:
- The reducer is completely removable;
- The screws are loosened, the protection covers are removed;
- The bushing of the input shaft is removed very carefully, the fork and the lever are dismantled;
- The input shaft is removed together with the gear;
- The shaft sleeve and chain are removed;
- The shaft block is dismantled together with the sprockets;
- The intermediate shaft is removed together with the gears;
- The clutch on the left and right axle shafts is removed.
After all these steps, you can get the gearbox disassembled. At the end of the repair, it is collected again.