How to choose an angle grinder for cutting concrete
Gasoline Angle Grinder
This kind of angle grinder is clearly distinguished by its appearance. Their body is large. It houses a fuel tank and an internal combustion engine. Due to its large size, the tool is equipped with a massive grip frame for easy holding and an auxiliary handle. Gasoline angle grinders are equipped with large diameter discs and are used for cutting concrete and iron in places with no access to the electrical network. This tool has an increased noise level due to the nature of the engine. Work must be done with hearing protection.
The advantages of these models are as follows:
- increased power and increased diameter of the discs;
- fast cutting of large objects. pipes, profiles, concrete products;
- autonomous work thanks to the gasoline engine;
- work can be performed continuously with regular refueling of the fuel tank;
- the presence of a stand that allows you to use the angle grinder as a full-fledged cutting machine.
Disadvantages of gasoline angle grinder:
- additional costs associated with the purchase of fuel;
- high noise level during operation;
- work only with nozzles of large diameters;
- due to the large dimensions of the tool, it is not always possible to reach the cutting area in hard-to-reach places;
- in order to avoid overheating of the engine, regular breaks are required until complete cooling;
- high price.
Useful additional functions
expensive models are equipped with a number of additional features. For instance:
- The case will be very useful if frequent transportation of the tool is expected, and just for storage and protection from dust, from accidental impacts. The angle grinder must be securely fixed in the special grooves. The case can accommodate all the necessary keys and disks.
- The soft start system minimizes the load on the engine. When the tool is turned on, the RPM will be at a minimum, gradually increasing. This will prevent the internal parts of the gearbox from being hit by a sharp blow and from biting the disc in a hard surface. Accordingly, such a tool is easier and more convenient to use.
- Locking the start button also makes the work much easier. You do not need to constantly hold the power button in a clamped state, which always quickly gets your hands tired. With the help of a small additional button located next to the launcher, you can fix it in the on position.
- Adjusting the rotational speed of the disk. this function is present in expensive professional models. You can independently set the required rotation speed depending on the work performed and the diameter of the working disc. This will eliminate the need to purchase multiple tools. But if you do not have the skills to work with an angle grinder, it may be difficult to independently select the modes, and the end result will not live up to expectations. Curved cuts and other troubles may result.
- Stabilization of the speed depending on the load on the disc. This feature is useful regardless of the user’s skill. The tool automatically selects the optimal number of revolutions and optimizes the workflow. It is very useful when working with heterogeneous materials that have a soft outer coating and a hard core, or vice versa. The electronics recognize the change in load and instantly adjust the speed.
- Dust protection is very important when working on concrete surfaces. The gearbox and shaft will be reliably protected from the ingress of small abrasive particles. The service life of your angle grinder depends on this. Models with such a function are very expensive, so if you are not engaged in construction, then in domestic conditions you can do without it.
- Automatic disc balancing is inherent in very high quality instruments. The point is that the angle grinder smoothes out the runout that occurs when the disc’s working edge is unevenly erased. This is very useful for polishing work. You will notice the difference in working with a tool with and without this function in an hour.
- The possibility of connecting a construction vacuum cleaner makes the work more comfortable, allows not so much pollution of the surrounding space, the tool itself and the respiratory tract of the worker. This is an alternative to the built-in dust protection function at a more affordable price.
- Auto power off will be helpful during power outages. If the light turns off during operation, an automatic machine will operate, which will cut off the power of the angle grinder, and it will not start rotating when the power supply is restored.
Tips for choosing a blade size
It is the diameter of the disc that is the key factor that determines the area of work performed by the tool. It is worth noting that the rim for the wheels has a standard size of 22.2 mm. But, the larger the diameter of the cutting wheel, the higher the rotational speed and power of the angle grinder. The minimum diameter is 115 mm, the maximum possible is 230 mm.
The diameter of the disc is selected depending on the thickness to be cut. Based on the fact that not all, but only the part of the circle protruding beyond the limits of the tool can be used as a working one, it is necessary to pay attention to the size of the body. For example, if the case is about 60 mm wide, then when using a 125 mm disc, it is easy to understand that only half of its surface will work. That is, it will be possible to cut through material no more than 35 mm thick, and in reality even less. 30 mm. After a while, the cutting surface of the disc will wear off, which will significantly reduce this indicator. With the help of such simple calculations, the required disk size is selected. But it is strongly discouraged to use circles with a larger diameter than allowed by the technical documentation.
To make it easier for you to navigate, let’s take a closer look at the types of an angle grinder, based on the size of the disc:
After analyzing the five possible sizes of this tool, it is clear that each has its own advantages and disadvantages. If you are engaged in construction work at a professional level, then the best solution for you would be to purchase two angle grinders. Small. 125 mm for precision work and medium. 180 mm. If you have to renovate or build, then a 150 or 180 mm tool will do.
They have the same principle of operation and purpose as other types of angle grinder, but differ in the internal structure. Such models do not have a motor, and the rotation of the nozzles is provided by a powerful flow of compressed air acting on the blades inside the body. When the blades rotate, the axle is launched, on which the disk is attached. For work, a valve is used, which opens access to the air flow to the internal channel in the body. Thanks to this structure, pneumatic angle grinders are the lightest of all types. The duration of her work is not limited and can last even a whole day. To work with such a tool, access is required to the compressor that pumps air, or to the air network. Due to these features, the pneumatic tool is not used for household purposes. But in the metalworking industry, these models are irreplaceable. Their advantages are quite significant:
- very light weight;
- due to the absence of a motor, overheating of the tool is impossible;
- the minimum continuous operation time is 6-8 hours. It is limited exclusively by the human factor;
- replacement of bearings, valves and other parts is inexpensive;
- such models can be used in high humidity conditions without a single risk;
- high rotation frequency;
- the operation of the instrument is completely silent. Sound appears only at the moment of contact with the treated surface.
There are only two drawbacks:
- high price;
- the need for additional equipment that will ensure the performance of the tool.
Summarize. For using an angle grinder at home, of course, a network tool will be the best type. It is more affordable, and has the ability to work with different diameters of discs, and is more economical. Choosing the right size tool can handle a ton of tasks. However, if you plan to build a country house or long-term repairs at summer cottages, you should think about purchasing stand-alone models that can cut both reinforcement and concrete blocks. The choice of the type of power supply directly depends on the upcoming work.
Corded angle grinder
The most common type, powered by a voltage of 220V. They have the ability to use discs of various diameters. It is advisable to use them in confined spaces where there is free access to the network or in areas equipped with outlets. This is the best option for use in an apartment or in the country. It is the network tool that professional electricians, plumbers and tiling workers use. Depending on the power, both professional models and simpler ones are distinguished.
The corded angle grinder offers the following advantages:
- have a high rotation speed;
- are powerful, but at the same time economical;
- for ease of use, there are several options for the dimensions of the case in accordance with the discs of different diameters;
- affordable pricing policy;
- relatively light weight;
- a variety of attachments that can be used with a specific model;
- long service life with proper use.
The disadvantages include:
- limited use due to volatility;
- the power cord during operation can interfere with the process and create inconveniences;
- you can observe interruptions and instability of the tool in the event of a fall
- mains voltage.
Cordless angle grinder
Their appearance and body structure has a characteristic difference from network models. At the end of the tool there is a large compartment for attaching batteries. These angle grinders are available in a modest size, and their body serves as the main handle when holding. The size of the disc nozzles does not have such a variety as in the previous type and lies in the range of 125-150 mm. The battery is an 18V lithium-ion battery. Working continuously for a long time with such a tool will not work. It is rational to use it when it is necessary to perform short-term work in an open area, far from access to power supply. For example, when building a fence around the perimeter of a working area, when emergency opening of metal doors or when working in suburban, non-electrified houses. Despite some limitations, these models have a number of advantages:
- high speed of rotation of abrasive discs;
- compact dimensions of the body and the tool itself;
- for safe storage and transportation, most of these angle grinders come with a case made of impact-resistant plastic by default. Thus, you save on the additional purchase of this item;
- due to its low weight, it will be very convenient to work, you can make precise cutting or cutting of materials;
- most models are equipped with a number of additional protective functions;
- the presence of an additional side handle significantly reduces the level of vibrations, which makes it possible to hold the tool more evenly.
Let’s consider the main disadvantages:
- the operating period of the tool is limited by the capacity of the battery;
- not all models come with a battery. In some cases, it must be purchased separately;
- limited size of disks, and, therefore, a limited list of work performed;
- high price.
Types of angle grinder
The whole variety of this tool can be ordered depending on the type of food. Although most of this instrument, approximately 95%, is electrical, there are four types of power sources.
Main characteristics of the tool
When you have decided exactly what size of tool you need, you can proceed to the selection according to the following parameters:
How to choose an angle grinder, what to look for, important points.
angle grinder (angle grinder) is an almost irreplaceable thing in the household, in any production. With its help you can cut metal, tiles, plastic, also grind stone, wood, steel, polish marble, granite, clean rust. The tool is quite versatile. Where to start, what to look for when buying?
All angle grinders have a number of characteristics. Such as power, disc diameter, speed control. angle grinder can be professional or domestic grade.
Cutting discs for metal of different diameters
Power. Average power for a small angle grinder is about 700W (plus or minus). There are 500W models, there are 1500W models. An angle grinder with a disc diameter of 115-125mm is considered small. The 700 W model is enough for cutting metal, plastic and other building materials. If we are talking about grinding, then it is desirable to have a more powerful angle grinder, say 850 W and higher. Because when grinding, in contrast to cutting, the entire plane of the disc is involved, the friction is much stronger and the engine is quite difficult to cope with this task. Low-power will stop and get very hot, which negatively affects the service life of the tool. Powerful angle grinders are needed for very long and intense loads. If you are going to use an angle grinder only for cutting metal, then it is quite possible to stop at the choice of 600-700W.
Medium angle grinder (disc diameter 150-180mm) has a power of 1200-1500W. This one is suitable for both metal cutting and for grinding concrete, brick, wood without any problems;.
The big one has a power of 1800-2200 watts. Maximum disc diameter 230mm.
The larger the angle grinder, the larger the diameter of the structure can be cut. This is certainly a plus. But working like that is much harder. Let’s say when cutting a small tube or angle, a small angle grinder is much preferable, save time and effort.
If there is a need for polishing, for example, granite, marble, metal, you need an angle grinder with speed control. Only small angle grinders are equipped with adjustment, since it will be quite difficult to work with a large one, it is inconvenient, and high power is not needed at all for this.
Smooth start. Some angle grinders are equipped with such a system, usually large and powerful. The turnover is gaining gradually. This is to ensure that the angle grinder does not slip out of your hands when starting the engine. Sometimes they equip small ones, but there is no special sense in this, this only makes the price higher. This system will be useful if you connect your angle grinder to a gasoline generator and its power is the same as that of an angle grinder, there is no reserve (1000W generator and 1000W angle grinder). A conventional angle grinder, like any other electric motor, consumes noticeably more electricity in the first seconds of start-up than the rated power (about 2 times), so the generator turns off. If the angle grinder is equipped with such a system, set the revolutions to a minimum, then slowly increase, there will be no sharp jump in power consumption and it will be possible to work.
Anti-vibration system. It is very convenient and pleasant to work with an angle grinder with this function, especially when working for a long time. So let’s say, it cuts very softly, hands get tired much less, vibration from an angle grinder does not give way to hands.
The difference between a professional tool and a household tool lies in the length of the continuous work. The household has time limits, you can work for 15-20 minutes, then you need to take a break so that the engine cools down. You cannot overload it. For domestic needs, as a rule, this is quite enough. A lot can be done in such a period of time. For production or intensive use, this is of course unacceptable, so only a professional tool is suitable. This already has no restrictions on the time of continuous operation, you can load the engine from morning to evening. The price for this is naturally higher, approximately 1.5-2 times, sometimes more.
These are the main characteristics. It is worth paying attention to the convenience, how the angle grinder will sit in the hand, whether the start button is conveniently located, the thickness sometimes plays an important role when you have to saw with one hand. There are some models with a slim body. There are models with a battery, so good when working in the field, where there is no source of electricity.
Among the household class, Skil, Black and Decker have proven themselves well. From professional “Makita”, “Bosch”, “Hitachi”. These are the most famous brands among the manufacturers of power tools.
Types of angle grinder
The choice of an angle grinder depends on the type of work to be carried out with this tool. In this regard, grinders are divided into 2 types:
They differ from each other in design, purpose and price. Professional angle grinders are designed for long and intensive work. The main distinguishing features of this type of instrument include:
– high wear resistance of units, which allows for long-term work;
– significant weight, which is due to the presence of a high-strength body and special units;
– low probability of overheating;
– high power;
– additional functions that facilitate long-term work;
– rather high cost of the grinder and accessories for it.
Household angle grinders are designed for lower loads. The design of such models is less durable. These angle grinders are relatively inexpensive. Nevertheless, household grinders do their job well.
It should be remembered that when working with a household tool, you need to give it a little rest at regular intervals. After about 10-15 minutes of work, take a break for 15-20 minutes.
If an angle grinder is required for household work, there is no need to purchase an expensive and powerful professional tool that is designed for large-scale construction work.
- How to choose an angle grinder
- How to choose a tool
- How to choose an angle grinder
How to choose an angle grinder
angle grinder, as it is called in everyday life. This is an angle grinder (angle grinder). Such a tool is designed for cutting concrete and metal, grinding, stripping and other tasks. Choose an angle grinder depending on the purpose for which you want to use it.
Choosing an angle grinder: basic criteria
There are several basic parameters that determine the functionality and usability of the tool. When choosing an angle grinder, you should pay attention to the following ones:
– disc diameter;
– spindle rotation speed;
– number of handles;
– the type and size of the nozzle used;
– additional functions.
One of the important characteristics of the grinder. power consumption. Its value can be 600-2600 W. This parameter affects the quality of surface treatment, heating rate, wear resistance, degree of operating time, variation of nozzles, type of finishing material and other functional characteristics.
The more difficult the job is, the higher the power should be. There are 3 groups of angle grinder for this indicator:
– powerful. more than 1500 W;
– medium. from 900 to 1500 W;
– low-power. less than 900 W.
Which angle grinder blade / disk for concrete, plastic, tiles and metal
Powerful angle grinder. professional devices with a high interval of continuous operation. They can be used on any surface, including thick metal and concrete. It is irrational to use such an angle grinder for household work, since the resources are designed for large-scale construction activities.
The most popular are the medium-power angle grinder. They are considered universal because they are used for different purposes. both domestic and professional. The low-power angle grinder is suitable for infrequent jobs. This tool can handle materials with moderate tensile strength. This kind of angle grinder is suitable for grinding metal and stone surfaces.
Thus, the more often the grinder is used and the larger the planned work, the more powerful it should be.
It is important to remember that the power of an angle grinder is related to the wheel diameter, which can be 115 to 230 mm. The more powerful the angle grinder and the larger the disc diameter, the deeper the material can be cut. Installing a blade with a diameter larger than the intended size on the tool may result in damage to both the tool and the operator.
angle grinders are manufactured with different spindle speeds, for example, from 2800 to 11000 rpm. Some angle grinders are equipped with a speed control device. For cutting metal or concrete, the speed of the spindle is very important. The faster it spins, the faster the blade spins and the higher the cutting performance.
For grinding the surface of the material, a lower spindle speed is used. Each grinding or cutting disc is designed for a specific rotational speed. Exceeding these revolutions leads to disc destruction or even injury.
Grinding machines are often equipped with two handles, but there are also options with one. If the weight of the tool is impressive and at the same time you need to perform frequent grinding, it is better to opt for an angle grinder with two handles. This guarantees safe work and eliminates many difficulties in the process of use. In addition, some models of angle grinder have vibration-absorbing handles.
The angle grinder can have the following additional functions:
– soft start, ensuring smooth switching on of the tool;
– automatic speed control;
– ergonomic indicators (comfortable handle, special means that reduce vibration, ensuring convenience and safety of use);
– dust removal.
These are just some of the features that modern angle grinders can be equipped with. Manufacturers of an angle grinder strive to make the tool as practical and convenient as possible, and therefore, before buying, you need to carefully familiarize yourself with its additional capabilities.
What are the cutting discs for the angle grinder
The main tool for an angle grinder are cut-off wheels. It is no secret that the quality and speed of the work performed directly depends on the correct selection of consumables. Therefore, before you go to buy a disc for an angle grinder, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the main types and characteristics of consumables.
For cutting stone
For cutting stone in a domestic environment, an abrasive disc made of silicon carbide (marked with the letter C) is suitable.
This cutting disc is used for small work in stone, as it wears out quickly. But, due to the low cost, this consumable is quite popular with the owners of the angle grinder.
For professional use, an abrasive disc for stone is not suitable. For these purposes, it is recommended to choose a diamond-coated all-metal cutting wheel.
Varieties of cutting discs
Cut-off wheels for an angle grinder can be either abrasive or all-metal. Depending on the type of material to be processed, the type of cutting disc is also selected.
Discs for cutting concrete and reinforced concrete are made of high-strength hardened steel, coated with diamond chips on the cutting part. Also, these cutting wheels can be segmented and solid.
Before starting to cut concrete, you need to determine its type. It can be regular or reinforced (containing a metal mesh). It is also worth considering the age of the concrete.
- Young concrete has abrasive properties, so it quickly wears out the tool. To cut it, it is required to use diamond segmented discs for concrete of increased thickness.
- Old concrete is a very hard material. To process it, it is better to use a wheel on an angle grinder of moderate thickness.
A universal diamond wheel is installed for cutting reinforced concrete.
If you need to cut metal, then always use bakelite-bonded consumables with reinforcing elements. In this case, there must be at least 2 reinforcing nets.
For ferrous metals, ordinary corundum is used, containing, in addition to aluminum oxide, impurities of chlorine, iron and sulfur.
For cutting stainless steel, the presence of the above impurities in the composition of the cutting wheel is unacceptable, since they cause the steel to burn (overheating). As a result, alloying additives can burn out from the stainless steel, and it turns into ordinary steel, as a result of which the cut site begins to be covered with rust. Therefore, it is important to carefully read the information printed on it before purchasing a disc. Cutting disc for stainless steel is always marked with the letters “AS” and the word “INOX”.
For cutting non-ferrous metals, discs with large abrasive particles are used. For example, a cutting wheel for aluminum, in addition to coarse abrasive, contains special fillers that prevent clogging of the cutting edge.
Often, users of angle grinders ask themselves: which metal cutting discs are better to use? An ideal disc for an angle grinder should have:
- bakelite reinforced bundle (BU);
- Correctly selected type of abrasive: for stainless steel white fused alumina (AS), for ferrous metal. ordinary corundum;
- disc thickness from 1.6 to 2 mm;
- outer diameter 125 mm;
- fine abrasive particles if cutting of steel structures is required.
Color coding of diamond discs
Diamond wheels are marked with the following colors:
- orange. for cutting bricks;
- blue cuts well on concrete and marble;
- green is used for cutting granite;
- gray cuts tiles, granite and ceramics;
- yellow. alabaster and tiles.
The following information can be obtained from the marking.
- The material from which the nozzle is made is indicated by the first letter: A. corundum, used for cutting metal; AS. aluminum oxide (white), cuts stainless steel; C. silicon carbide, good for cutting stone and concrete. Metal cannot be cut with this abrasive attachment.
- Further, after the letter denoting the material, there is a number. It means how many abrasive grains are in a unit area. Accordingly, the smaller the grain, the higher the figure. If you need to cut steel, then choose a disc with a finer grit. 40 or 60. Coarse discs are used mainly for cutting non-ferrous metals.
- The next parameter is bond hardness. It is designated by letters of the Latin alphabet (H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T). The closer the letter is to the beginning of the alphabet, the softer the bond, and vice versa. For processing soft materials, the bond must be hard, and for strong and hard materials. soft.
- The last letters indicate the type of bundle. Ceramic is marked with the letter V. Such discs are distinguished by good water resistance, fire resistance and resistance to chemicals. Bakelite bond is indicated by letter B. Such circles have good flexural and compressive strength, but break when used with an alkaline coolant. Also, bunches based on bakelite have low heat resistance. At a temperature of 200 degrees, it becomes brittle, and at high temperatures, it begins to fade. The third type of bond. bakelite with increased strength. is marked as BF or BU.
- The maximum speed that cannot be exceeded for this consumable. Linear edge speed can be indicated in m / s or rpm.
- Circle dimensions in mm: outer diameter, thickness and seat diameter.
- Manufacturing date. Usually indicated by a metal insert around the bore. It is not allowed to install an expired wheel on an angle grinder, as it may eventually lose strength and fly apart during operation.
- Purpose of the nozzle. Indicates which materials the tool is designed to cut.
- Color coding: blue for cutting steel, green for stone.
Features of working with an angle grinder
The concrete angle grinder is an essential tool, but it can also cause injury. This requires following the operating rules when working with the equipment.
- Work should be carried out only in a sober state and in good health;
- Before starting work, it is recommended to prepare the following devices and protective equipment:
- A face mask or goggles to prevent sparks from entering the face, especially eyes;
- Vacuum cleaner or respirator;
- Gloves, preferably thick or genuine leather mittens;
- Protective clothing that covers all parts of the body;
- Nozzles that are allowed to use the instructions for the equipment;
- A cover that fits between the instrument and the person.
All of these items will keep the worker safe when cutting concrete.
Features of cutting angle grinder
After choosing the equipment and the circle for it, before cutting the concrete with the angle grinder, you need to get acquainted with the recommendations for the work:
- The tool must be held with both hands. In this case, if a kickback occurs, it can be held, which will minimize the displacement of the mowing line of the cut;
- Work should be carried out only on a flat surface so that the person’s balance is maintained;
- Place the power cord on the opposite side of the disc to prevent accidental damage. A cut cord may cause a shockwave from the unit and a short circuit in the power supply;
- The tool must be firmly held in your hands until it comes to a complete stop;
- When changing the place of cutting, the angle grinder must be turned off so as not to accidentally touch the surrounding objects;
- In the event of a power outage, be sure to disconnect the equipment from the network. This will prevent it from turning on when power is supplied without operator control.
Tip: During operation, the discs become very hot, therefore, after turning off the angle grinder, it should not be touched until it has completely cooled down.
Correctly selected equipment is the key to high-quality and long-term operation of the tool. When purchasing it, you need to pay attention to such basic parameters as: power and diameter of the cutting wheel.
Tip: Often buyers are afraid to purchase high power models. But this is absolutely wrong! It should be borne in mind that a machine with low power may jam discs. the device does not have enough strength to pull it out.
- Power in the range of 900. 1000 W;
- Spindle revolutions, approximately 10,000 rpm;
- Disc for concrete on an angle grinder with a diameter of 125 mm.
Equipment with such technical characteristics may well cut iron. If, according to the technical characteristics, the selected model is suitable, but it is inconvenient to use it during work, you should give preference to another option.
Types of tools for cutting concrete
For cutting concrete, diamond wheels are used, their main dimensions:
- Outside diameter of discs, in the range of 100. 600 mm;
- Thickness, in the range of 0.4. 3.5 mm;
- The bore diameter is more than 15 mm, the optimal diameter is 22.23 mm.
Diamond wheels also differ in other indicators.
- The quality of the diamonds on the disc;
- The material of the discs themselves;
- Soldering method;
- The form;
The last two characteristics are the main ones when classifying a tool.
The table shows diamond discs of different configurations of working edges:
According to the spraying technology, circles are distinguished:
- Brazed with silver solder, they are used only for wet processing of concrete surfaces;
- Laser welded. These are the strongest and most durable blades that can withstand dry cutting. Such a diamond disc for concrete for an angle grinder is most often used for cutting reinforced concrete;
- Coated with special compounds, which are then exposed to high temperatures. These are universal discs with average characteristics.
The circles also differ in the degree of concentration of the spraying, which in high-quality tools reaches more than 30%, and the abrasive grit is distributed over the entire volume of the teeth and grooves. With this design, the service life of the wheel is significantly increased; when it is grinded, new layers are opened for cutting the material.
Tip: When choosing a circle for cutting concrete, you should consider all of the above tool characteristics.
Determination of the type of concrete
Before you start cutting an angle concrete grinder, you need to determine its type. The choice of the type of diamond disc depends on this.
- With a cutting depth of about 100 mm and deeper, a metal grill or reinforcement cage can be located. There are special disks for these purposes;
- Consideration should be given to the change in material structure over time. Fresh concrete is more abrasive, while old concrete is more hard. Because of this, the diamond wheels for fresh and old materials must be different;
- There are different concrete reinforcement schemes;
- If possible, it is worth studying in more detail the structure of the material, this will allow you to purchase the most suitable circle for cutting. Materials such as basalt or quartz will quickly dull the edges of the tool. In this case, the diamond segments are selected bound by a soft material, while new diamonds will begin to “open up” faster;
- The cutting speed is influenced by the size of the filler. the larger it is, the slower the work.
Cutting concrete along the mowing line
Once the concrete angle grinder has been prepared, work can begin.
- The line of the cut is outlined. At the same time, it is advisable to fix wood bars along the mowing line, which will allow the cut line to be made more even;
- The angle grinder turns on and a cut is made approximately 5 to 10 mm deep;
- Bars are removed;
- The cut is made to the required depth. If the incision is made dry, the procedure should be interrupted periodically to allow the instrument to cool.
The video shows how the concrete is cut correctly with all the details. The process is best done with tool cooling.
- A conventional spray bottle sprays water directly onto the furrow to reduce dust;
- Water is sprayed directly onto the disc, in the absence of a power source nearby. This will reduce the heating of the diamond discs and extend their service life;
- If it is not possible to spray liquid onto the disc, air cooling can be performed. Periodically, the circle should be removed from the cut and given the opportunity to work in air.
If you have any questions about cutting concrete, if you want to know how concrete is polished, an angle grinder and other details on using similar equipment, introduce the video in this article.
Concrete cutting angle grinder. the choice of tool and features of working with it
Today it is difficult to imagine performing the work of locksmiths or builders, repairmen and other similar professions without an angle grinder. It is actively used when cutting, trimming and grinding various materials.
With an increase in the number of attachments, its functions become more diverse. The article invites you to get acquainted with how the concrete angle grinder is cut and its features.