How to Collect a Lawn Mower Gasoline Patriot 42
Sports lawn. Competent preparation of the site for sports
People who prefer outdoor activities should think about whether it’s time for them to equip a sports lawn in their area? Indeed, on such a lawn it will be much easier to play football, tennis and other outdoor games.
Necessary tools and materials
Sports lawn is characterized by dense turf cover and the presence of resistant plants in grass mixtures. It is due to the minimal susceptibility of grass to trampling and tearing it is used in the arrangement of football fields, tennis fields. A green lawn will be able to withstand mowing up to 2.5 cm, high temperatures and some diseases (leaf rust, anthracosis).
The season of operation of such a lawn is very long, and therefore high demands are placed on it: it is necessary that it can withstand constant loads, be uniform, hiding hollows and pits in the area. A number of other requirements must be observed:
- When rain on the lawn puddles should not be collected;
- It should be non-slip.
If you choose the right grass mixture and subsequently care for the site, the lawn will serve you for a long time.
Sports lawn: composition of grasses and stages of sowing
Creating a beautiful and, most importantly, high-quality sports lawn is a very laborious job, much more difficult than laying a rolled lawn, because it includes a lot of stages. However, today we will show you in detail all the stages of work.
1. The drainage layer. Experts say that no matter what the soil is on your site, you cannot do without creating a drainage layer, because it is thanks to it that you will forget about the stagnation of water on the lawn. First you need to prepare the foundation: we remove the soil throughout the entire future lawn by about 45 cm. Next, lay the geotextile, which will exclude siltation of the site, and fill up the entire structure with rubble from above.
2. The subsoil cushion is placed on top of the rubble. It consists of a layer of sand and gravel, while it is desirable to use bulk materials of different sizes. Important: it is not advisable to use limestone at this stage, because over time it will spoil the level of water resistance, minimizing it. The next step is pillow alignment, tamping and watering.
3. Soil preparation. In order for such a lawn to serve you as long as possible, it is necessary to qualitatively prepare the soil. To create it, it is necessary to use a substrate of turf land (15%), peat (20%), coarse sand (20%). To supplement the soil, humus and expanded clay can be used. Having prepared the earthen mixture, we spread it on the platform, ram it and leave it in this form for a month.
Naturally, during this time weeds grow, which must be removed along with the root. Roughnesses in the soil can also be detected, which can be easily corrected using a substrate. After a month, you need to water the site (per square meter you need about 15 liters of water).
Sowing grass for a sports lawn
Since the sports ground is a venue for games, often with a large crowd of people, it is important that the lawn is resistant to stress and can recover quickly. When choosing varieties of herbs for planting, it is best to purchase a white or creeping polewood, winter-hardy ryegrass, red fescue, and meadow panicle. You can use the seeds individually or by mixing them.
Before sowing seeds, prepare the soil in advance: loosen it with a rake and feed it with nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium fertilizers.
For planting, it is advisable to use special equipment, but if you don’t have anything at hand, you can also do the work manually. After work, the soil is smoothed with a rake and sprinkled with a mixture of peat, earth and sand (in a ratio of 1: 2: 4), compacted. The sown grass is watered twice a day so that the soil is completely saturated with moisture.
When the grass reaches a height of up to 5 cm, roll it. The first time the lawn is mowed when its height reaches 15 cm. A cordless lawn mower is suitable for work. Now you know what a sports lawn device looks like from the inside, which means it’s time to start work on creating an elegant green area in the backyard of your site.
- Author: Mikhail Malofeev
Sports lawn: artificial roll, natural, grass composition
If the suburban area is impressive in size, and a large and friendly family gathers with a bunch of kids for the weekend, then why not arrange a sports lawn so that there is where to drive the ball and play active games.
Such a coating will be more functional than English or ground grass. And a beautiful green lawn on the site, and a place where you can do exercises in the fresh air in the early sunny morning.
Features of sports lawns
The first thing that distinguishes a sports lawn from everyone else is its dense turf cover, which is achieved due to the presence of stable vegetation in the grass mixture. For its arrangement, such types of herbs are used that are less susceptible to tearing and trampling. They sow football fields in stadiums, tennis courts. Such sports lawns withstand:
- Some types of diseases (leaf rust and anthracosis);
- Mowing up to 2.5 cm;
- High ambient temperatures.
Lawns for sports have a very long service life, so special requirements are presented to them:
- Accumulation of dirt and stagnation of puddles after rains is unacceptable on the coating.
- The grass must withstand constant loads.
- Grass should not be slippery and obstructing movement.
- No hollows, pits, bumps or tubercles are allowed.
- The lawn coating should be uniform.
- In the hot season, it is undesirable for dust to accumulate on the grass.
In order for such a lawn to serve for a long time, it is necessary to fulfill three important points:
- Choose the right mixture of herbs;
- Choose the right soil composition and drainage system;
- Provide proper care.
As a covering for a sports ground the artificial lawn well proved. So, if you decide to equip a green lawn in the countryside for sports and active games, the first thing to decide is whether to lay a rolled lawn, or to sow grass seeds yourself.
Types of sports lawns and grass composition for them
Depending on what kind of sport will be practiced on the site, choose the appropriate composition of grass mixtures:
- For football. It will take grass that is best able to withstand constant loads. Fescue with a fieldman and a bluegrass meadow are excellent. Where the football goal will be located, the seeds are sown in double rate. Football pitch must be fertilized and mowed with regularity. The seed compositions for the football fields “Sports grass mixture” and “Universal sports grass mixture” have proven themselves well.
- For tennis. Such a coating should tolerate trampling. And also its main difference from other sports fields is its uniformity. The grasses will go the same as for the football field, but only one of them needs to be sown, impurities are not allowed here. On a tennis lawn it is necessary to regularly cut low grass, and after the end of the season to pierce the turf, otherwise it will be very compacted from the loads.
- For golf. This is a particularly difficult form of lawn, because the height of the grass here depends on the playing area. In this game, each zone has its own name, purpose and appearance of the coating. In the “start zone”, where the ball is placed and the game starts, they mainly use perennial ryegrass, the grass is cut very low. The central part of the lawn and most of the playing field is occupied by the “farway” zone, where the holes for the balls are located. Here, the grass should be mowed to a height of 4 cm all the time. For this zone, ryegrass and bluegrass are suitable. In the “raff” zone, the grass should be higher than in the rest, and it should not be mowed so often.
- For children’s games. On such lawns, you can equip entire playgrounds with slides, houses, swings. For this type of coating cereal riding and semi-upper plants, for example, timothy grass with fescue, are suitable. To improve the quality of grass on children’s lawns, clover (pink, red or creeping white) is added to the composition of the seeds. In the care of children’s lawn coverings are less whimsical, they must be cut a couple of times a month and regularly fertilized. Ready-made seed kits for covering a children’s lawn are available for sale: Park Mix, Universal Mix, Kindergarten.
Sports lawn device
To obtain high-quality sports and children’s lawns, it is necessary to clearly comply with existing and already tested in practice rules.
The first stage in the arrangement of sports coverage is the layout of the site and its cleaning from debris. All stumps and bumps are uprooted on the territory.
If an area previously planted with shrubs is planned for a sports lawn, then here you can’t do without a tractor with a powerful mill, you will need to loosen and mill the soil to a depth of 40 cm.
After that, the area is carefully leveled and the installation of the drainage system and automatic irrigation begins (if it is planned to equip just such irrigation, rather than manual hose).
Next, lay several layers:
- Subsoil. It includes gravel with sand and gravel. On top of the drainage, gravel is crushed in a large size, then small, then gravel large and small, and finally sand. Using sand, such a subsoil cushion is leveled. After laying, each of the layers must be tamped and watered.
- Soil. It is formed using the following composition: 50% coarse sand, 20% turf land, 30% lowland peat. Soil quality is improved by adding bone meal, expanded clay or humus.
The soil layer is poured on top of the subsoil pillow, well equalized and given a month for precipitation. During this period, weeds will begin to appear, after a month, the weeds are removed, the soil is watered and rolled with a roller.
Grass sowing and lawn care
I would like to note among all types of grass lawn grasses those that are considered the best for sports-type coatings:
- Perennial ryegrass (especially its winter-hardy form);
- Common comb;
- White polevole (creeping, ordinary);
- Meadow bluegrass;
- Red and meadow fescue.
As a rule, a mixture of seeds is used, preferably half of them are red fescue.
The best time to plant grass on the sports ground is considered the early period of spring or autumn.
Just before sowing, the earth is fertilized with phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium preparations, after which they are loosened.
In order for the grass mixture to be distributed evenly over the territory, a seeder must be used.
After sowing, the seeds are planted in the soil with a rake, after which the soil is mulched and rolled, and after a day it is watered abundantly.
When sprouts up to 5 cm appear, they must be rolled. The first mowing of the grass is done when it reaches a height of 15-17 cm, mowing it to 3-4 cm. The lawn will have to be mowed to such a height regularly as soon as the grass reaches 10-12 cm. It is best to use an electric or gasoline mower with adjustable cutting height.
Mowing is done in the morning or in the evening, after which a complex of mineral fertilizers is applied, then the lawn is watered and the grass is slightly rolled away.
If the street has been dry and hot for a long time, then after mowing it is advisable to leave the cut grass on the lawn for 1-2 days.
Of course, an ideal lawn to equip a sports area on a suburban area would be an artificial turf. Weigh the pros and cons.
On a natural lawn, you need to regularly cut grass, feed the soil, provide the necessary lighting and watering, if bald spots appear, you need to plant seeds again. The lawn rolled with all these problems copes simultaneously and instantly.
What does artificial turf look like? This is a type of coating of a roll type, in which grass made of polyethylene or polypropylene imitates real vegetation.
The composition of the rolled lawn includes:
- Highly elastic base;
- Pile fiber, which is attached to the base and completely simulates the texture and color of natural herbs;
- Filler that falls asleep between the villi.
The composition of the filler may be different, it is due to it that the functionality of the lawn coating is determined. If between the villi the space is filled with rubber granulate and sand, then an artificial backfill lawn is obtained, which is best suited for a football pitch. In the case when the pile is covered only with quartz sand, such a roll lawn is called semi-filled, and is used in the arrangement of tennis and children’s playgrounds.
Artificial coatings differ in the stiffness of the pile. Where during classes you have to fall (football and children’s games), you need to lay rolled lawns with a thin and elastic fiber made of polyethylene. If you plan to use a sports lawn for playing golf or tennis (where the drop in players is minimized), you will need a stiffer polypropylene fiber pile.
Rolled artificial turf has some advantages:
- It can be used for a long time.
- A wide range of color shades.
- It has high strength.
- Resistant to temperature changes and precipitation.
- Year-round operation.
- This lawn has excellent elasticity. A constant form of grass is maintained, due to which a natural bounce of the balls and traction of the sole of the feet with the surface of the coating are always ensured.
- Such lawns do not turn yellow and do not get trampled.
- It can be washed at any time using detergents.
- In winter, such coatings can be poured with water and get a skating rink.
- Resistant to fires.
- Easy styling.
Such a sports lawn is not difficult to maintain. In order not to weaken the hitch between the rolled coatings, it should be watered abundantly once a week with water.
Home Landscaping Lawn
Sports lawn. Features of the choice, sowing technology, useful tips.
Approaching the arrangement of the lawn in their area, people do not always think about its functionality. Plain green grass sown on the site is beautiful, but not always practical. You can’t run, jump, play soccer or volleyball. For active people, an alternative approach is needed. Both a beautiful green lawn and the opportunity to play sports. This option is acceptable, thanks to the arrangement of a sports lawn.
Experts say that if all the requirements for equipping sports lawns are met, the green field will last for many years in a row. But, with non-compliance with the technology, the mistakes made require a complete redo of all the work.
From decorative lawns, sports lawns differ in that they have high strength to loads. They can withstand the load during the season and for several years. For the strength of sports lawns are responsible:
- Soil composition.
- Plants to be sown on the lawn.
Types and arrangement of lawns
Sports lawns are divided into several types:
- Football. Mostly plants that are resistant to high loads are planted. This is a meadow peppermint, a field meadow, a fescue. Where the football goal is located, the double rate of plants is sown there. The lawn for playing football must be fertilized periodically and monitor the growth of grass, cutting off excess. Mixtures for football sports lawns “Sportivnaya”, “Universal sportnaya” received good recommendations.
2. Tennis lawn. The requirements for arranging lawns for tennis courts provide for the stability of the coating against trampling. Therefore, the composition of the sports lawn is selected with particular care. The grass for the tennis courts should be uniform, free from impurities from other herbs.
Among the best herbs suitable for planting on tennis courts are meadow bluegrass, fescue, and field grass. These herbs are not planted all together, but one is planted and one more is added to it in a small percentage.
Tennis court must be level. You need to take care of the lawn regularly. Cut the grass low. So that the turf from the load does not condense, it is pierced after the end of the season.
3. Golf course. Each part of the site has its own purpose, name and is different in appearance. Therefore, the arrangement of the golf course is approached with particular care. In the place where the game begins (the starting zone) and the ball is set, the grass must be trimmed very low. For sports lawn seeds of perennial ryegrass are used.
Where the holes for the ball. Holes are located, the grass should be especially well-groomed, often cut and be no higher than four centimeters. The central part of the site (farway), which is the most extensive in area, the grass should be well-mowed and medium in height. For such a site, mixtures of bluegrass and ryegrass are planted. The turf is formed strong, with a well-developed root system.
The “raff” place is considered to be the most difficult for playing golf, so the grass there should be higher and it should not be mowed often. Golf courses are preferably set up on sandy terrain.
4. Playground. Equipped near residential buildings, schools and kindergartens. Playgrounds for children’s games are planted with horseback and semi-upright cereals: meadow fescue, meadow timothy. To get a high-quality lawn, red, pink and white creeping clover, ryegrass plant are mixed with herbs.
In the care, the children’s lawn is unpretentious. It needs to be mowed twice a month and fertilized. It is better to equip the lawn from May to September. Over time, such a lawn will need to be updated. For children’s playgrounds, the mixes Universal, Parkovaya, Kindergarten are sown.
5. For racecourses. To carry out high-quality races, special compositions of grass plants are planted at racetracks: different types of field grass, red fescue and other herbs that do not grow very tall. Cut grass no more than five centimeters.
On racetracks low-growing cereal grass is sown. Where jumps are provided with overcoming obstacles, a mixture of herbs is planted with the addition of the seeds of a combined hedgehog.
Sports lawn device
The main requirement for the installation of sports lawns, in the first place, experts attribute a high-quality phased arrangement. The lawn must withstand a large load, and the coating of natural grass should in no case slip and impede movement. After precipitation in the form of rain and snow, accumulation of water and dirt is unacceptable, and in the hot season. Undesirable accumulation of dust.
Stages of arranging lawns:
- Drainage system.
- Laying the subsoil.
- Enrichment of the soil.
- Sowing grass.
According to experts, artificial drainage is the best way to cope with all tasks. It will help get rid of the accumulation of water, reduce the level of groundwater. As a result, with the help of high-quality and well-established drainage, plants begin to grow earlier and stay longer green.
- First a bowl of sports lawn is prepared.
- The topsoil is removed to a depth of half a meter to a meter. In order to ensure fluid drainage, drains are laid at a distance of five meters. Plastic pipes (diameter from 5 to 10 centimeters).
- In the drains at a distance of 30 centimeters, small holes are made, which are closed with mineral fiber. Holes are necessary so that moisture is removed from the lawn and exits into the collector.
- The collector itself is made of pipes with a diameter twice as large as the pipes for draining the liquid. The surest option is when the collector goes into a storm sewer pipe.
- Geotextiles are put at the bottom of the future lawn and covered with fine stone (gravel).
It consists of sand and gravel of different grain sizes. It is laid in such a way that a large layer is below, and the smallest one above.
To close all parts of the drainage system, first crushed stone of a large fraction (15-25 mm) is laid, then fine crushed stone, coarse, fine gravel and sand are laid out in layers. A pillow of crushed stone and gravel should cover the drainage system. To smooth all layers, use sand. The thickness of each layer and the amount may vary. The upper mark of the surface of the “pillow” should protrude 30 centimeters from the surface of the lawn.
It is not recommended to use limestone for the subsoil, since water permeability can greatly decrease over time.
After laying each layer, it must be carefully compacted (tamped) and poured with water.
Ordinary soil can not cope with all the tasks of a sports lawn. The soil for arranging the lawn should be dense, have a water permeability of not more than 500 mm / hour and be slightly acidic. Therefore, to equip sports lawns, a mixture consisting of peat, sand and turf land is used in proportions of 35-65-20%. You can add humus, expanded clay or perlite to the substrate.
The finished mixture is poured on top of the subsoil layer, leveled and left for a month. During this time, the substrate is compacted, subsidence and weeds are visible on it. After eliminating subsidence and weed, the soil is compacted with water. One bucket per square meter of land is enough. You need to compact the soil with a hand roller, if the weight of the roller does not reach 100 kilograms, then you need to compact the soil 2-3 times.
Not every grass is suitable for sports lawn. The best grasses that are planted on sports lawns in Russia are meadow meadowgrass, meadow red fescue, white field polewort, and winter-hardy ryegrass.
For planting sports lawns, they take a mixture of seeds consisting of several herbs (up to 8 pcs.), But red fescue should prevail by 50-65% in this mixture.
Sowing time is the beginning of spring or autumn. It is permissible to sow grass, both in summer and at the end of autumn. In this case, they will emerge in the spring.
Before sowing grass, the soil needs to be fertilized and loosened with a rake. To lawn was sown evenly, use a seeder. If you plan to plant a sports lawn by hand, the number of seeds is divided into four equal parts and move uniformly over the area.
After dispersing the seeds, they are closed with a rake, a mulching mixture (sand, earth, peat 2: 4: 1) is added and they are passed by a skating rink. Water the lawn every other day. When there will be the first seedlings, the seeds are again indicated not with a heavy roller. The first time you need to cut the grass when it grows to 20 centimeters in length. Cut the grass 4 centimeters.
A lawn is considered ripe, reaching the age of 2-3 years. It is necessary to mow grass periodically, approximately once every ten days. Mowing is performed no higher than 3 centimeters. It is easy to mow sports lawns with electric lawn mowers that have a function for adjusting the mowing height.
It is better to mow grass in the morning or in the evening. After mowing, the grass needs to be fertilized with mineral fertilizer, water and roll.
In summer, when it is very hot, mowed grass is left on the lawn for several days. When frequent use of the lawn is expected (periods of football matches), grass must be fed with biostimulants.
“Bald spots” in the lawn are sown with new seeds, the mixtures are selected taking into account the rapid growth, which germinate on the 5th day after sowing.
Artificial sports lawn
Artificial grass sports lawn is popular for sports lawns. Decorative grass has several advantages:
- Long term use.
- It has increased strength.
- Resistant to temperature changes and precipitation.
- Does not delay precipitation.
- Does not burn.
- Can be washed with water and detergents.
- In winter, sports lawns can be filled with water and get an outdoor ice rink.
- No need to water, sow and trim the grass.
- It glides well and provides a good ball rebound.
Synthetic coating is made of propylene, polyethylene and other polymeric materials. The basis of a rolled sports lawn is rubber or latex, less often. Rubberized fabric. It does not require special efforts and technologies when laying.
In contrast to a natural lawn, which requires constant labor, a rolled artificial lawn significantly prevails. The choice of lawn to create a sports field is yours.
Sports lawn. Features of the choice, sowing technology, useful tips
- 2.00 / 5 5
People who like outdoor activities should consider the following. Maybe they need not a simple green lawn in front of the front door, but a sports ground for games? This opportunity can provide a lawn designed for sports, consisting of drainage and seeded with special grass. Making a sports lawn is not an easy task, but quite achievable if you set such a goal.
Features and types of lawns
Under the term “lawn”, any person represents an equipped grass cover. Lawns come in two forms. Artificial and natural. Natural grass is grass that grows near your private home, in the garden or park. She is periodically trimmed to get a short-sheared coating.
The main difference between an artificial lawn and a natural one is that the owners create it completely themselves. Planting grass is done in two ways. You can sow seeds or buy a roll of grass, subsequently rolling it in the selected place.
All lawns are divided by type of application:
- Garden and park lawns. These types of lawns are usually found in the landscape gardening zone. The coating is perfect for picnics, because it is resistant to trampling and quickly restored. However, he does not like constant walking on it.
- The lawn is universal. Such a lawn is designed for various uses, unpretentious in care, quickly restored after tamping, grows well in the shade. Due to its qualities, lawn grass is sown between trees and shrubs.
- Moorish lawn. The main function of this lawn is its aesthetics. These lawns are formed from flowering plants, most often. Undersized. Its main drawback is that you can not walk on it. But only under this condition is a high decorative coating possible.
- Rolled lawn. This is a lawn that is equipped using grass rolls. It can be created very quickly, but the price of such pleasure remains high. It is also unpretentious during maintenance. Perfectly when planting, it takes root on prepared soils.
- Sports lawn. A similar turf cover is necessary for sports grounds where games and mass competitions will take place. Lawn for sports grounds is done by sowing seeds and laying sod from grass resistant to trampling. Such sites have a special basis. When creating it, you need to take into account the sport that will mainly be practiced on the lawn. Accordingly, grass is also selected for sowing. Dwell on this option in more detail.
DIY sports lawn
Sports lawns in the country are equipped, based on their functional purpose. They must carry heavy loads. The coating should not slip underfoot and accumulate dust in hot weather. Also, it should not be nurseries of mud and puddles in the rain. Lawn grass should not interfere with movement.
According to experts, no soil can provide the necessary drainage for sports lawns. And if the primer level is more than 70 cm, you can completely abandon the idea to arrange a high-quality artificial sports lawn without drainage. We create a drainage layer in the following sequence:
- Initially, we find out the role of drainage in the formation of a sports lawn. The drainage layer will help you forget about the stagnation of water in the area. In addition, the overall groundwater level is significantly reduced. On lawns with such artificial drainage, grass begins to grow much earlier in the spring and remains green until late autumn.
- Before you start making a sports lawn, you need to prepare the base and bed. Sports lawns are usually made on an even layer of earth. To begin with, we remove the soil throughout the playground to a certain depth, which depends on the level of groundwater. We remove about 45-100 cm of soil.
- After this, the bed is sloped to the edges from the axial mowing line. For every meter of length. 5-10 mm. Marking is carried out using a level and pegs, which also serve as beacons.
- At the bottom of the bed, they are laid perpendicular to the axis after 5 meters of drainage (plastic pipes or asbestos cement products) with a diameter of up to 10 mm. In the so-called drains, holes (windows) are made through 30 cm of length. Then cover them with special fibers. Drains are designed to remove unnecessary moisture from the lawn into the collector.
- The collector itself is made of pipes whose diameter is 2 times larger than the diameter of the drains. It is laid next to the lawn, along its perimeter, but lower than the drains. With a slope in the direction of the sewer.
- Collector pipes are laid in trenches prepared for these purposes, below the drain. The bias is done towards the water intake. Geotextiles are laid in the trench bottom, which reduces the possibility of siltation of the territory. Next, we place the collector in the trench and fill it with gravel.
- Drains and collector pipes can not be interconnected. The ends are brought to the surface of the rubble.
- To collect water from a large football field (size 100×75 m), usually 4 wells are made. For the playground near the house, you can do with one well.
- The well itself for such purposes is a pit filled with gravel, with loose edges. The parameters of the well should be as follows: diameter. 1.5 meters deep. Up to 2 m below the collector.
On the drainage system, a subsoil cushion is located on top, which consists of several layers: sand, gravel and crushed stone. Carefully follow our recommendations when creating a ground cover pillow:
- Ideally, gravel and sand of different grain sizes are used. Laying of layers is carried out in the following order: the material of large fractions is lower, and small. Up.
- The drainage system is first covered with granite crushed stone of large granularity. The size of the fraction is 15-25 mm.
- After that, one after the other layers are stacked in a certain sequence. The “pie” will look like this: small gravel. Large gravel. Fine gravel. Sand. The higher the layer, the less should be the graininess of the material.
- One of the rules for creating a ground cover pillow. All drainage communications should be completely covered with rubble and gravel, as shown in the photo of the sports lawn.
- Sand is used to level the entire surface of the site. Be sure to keep this in mind.
- Layers can be different both in thickness and in the number of layers. But from the very surface of the lawn, the upper part of the pillow should be located at around 20-30 cm.
- When creating a pillow, limestone is not recommended. This is due to the fact that after some time the permeability of the entire “cake” of the sports lawn will decrease.
- All layers are rammed and watered. The surface is leveled in such a way that the slope is towards the collectors intended for drainage.
Soil for a sports lawn
There is an opinion that natural soil will not be able to create the necessary water permeability for sports lawns, and therefore its normal functioning and use. To do this, it is worth figuring out exactly how to prepare the ground for a sports lawn. Follow our recommendations when doing this job:
- Ideally, the soil should be slightly acidic. Ph 6.5-7. Density. 1.15-1.20 g / cm3, water permeability. 100-500mm / h.
- To create a soil for a sports lawn, a substrate is used, which contains in certain proportions the following elements: 10-20% of sod land, 40-65% of coarse sand, 20-35% of peat.
- The following components can be used as useful additions to such soil: expanded clay, humus, etc. Sometimes, when using a sports lawn, bone meal is used.
- Place the prepared mixture on top of the subsoil and level. Further, all this is left up to 4 weeks alone.
- Over such a period of time weeds sprout, which, of course, must be removed.
- Also during this period, all the surface irregularities of the future lawn become noticeable. The disadvantages that are the subsidence of the soil are corrected by adding a substrate.
- Then produce compaction of the soil. In this case, the soil layer is watered with water, based on the calculation of 1-1.5 buckets per square meter. To do this, prepare a hand roller. You may need to walk around the site several times.
So it was the turn of sowing grass for a sports lawn. But remember that not all grass can be used to create a playground for sports. Carefully refer to the information we provide you with:
- One of the best plants that do an excellent job of this task is the white bentaris, the creeping bentaris, the common bentaris, the long-term winter-hardy ryegrass, the red fescue, the meadow fescue, the meadow bluegrass, the common comb.
- In general, a sports lawn can be seeded with a mixture that contains up to 8 components. But the main one is usually red fescue. Its content in lawn grass is about 40-60%.
- Recommended time for sowing grass for a sports lawn. Beginning of spring or fall. But you can also sow in the summer and late autumn.
- Grass seeds during planting at the end of the autumn season do not have time to ascend due to the onset of cold weather and sprout in the spring. Seeds planted in the summer require fairly frequent watering. This is done in order to protect them from the heat.
- Before starting sowing, it is necessary to loosen the soil and fertilize. The established standards for fertilizing the soil per square meter: nitrogen. 30 g, potash. 15 g and phosphorus. 50 g.
- When using the seeder, the lawn is seeded evenly. When planting manually all the seeds (calculation is 40-50 g / m2) that you will plant are divided into 4 parts, and evenly scatter, while moving in four directions. Back and forth along and back and forth across.
- After sowing the seeds, they are smoothed with a rake and sprinkled with a special mixture. It should consist of sand, peat and turf land in a ratio of 2: 1: 4. Next, ram the rink.
- The sown lawn is watered once every two days until the soil is completely saturated with moisture. At the same time, there is no need to fear overflow and excess moisture; the drainage system that you formed at the first stage of work will do just fine with it.
- When the seedlings become up to 5 cm high, it is necessary to roll them. The very first cutting of grass is performed at a height of 15-18 cm. The grass is mowed 3-4 cm.
Sports lawn care
A sports lawn is mature only 2-3 years after its creation. The availability of coverage for active games is determined by the density of shoots. They must have a density of at least 10 thousand per m2. Remember to take good care of the coating all the time by following our tips:
- Lawns should be mowed once every ten days, with a grass height of 10-12 cm. The mowing level is 3-4 centimeters. When mowing manually, it is quite difficult to maintain the specified parameters. Therefore, to facilitate labor and mowing accuracy, it is necessary to use electric and gasoline type lawn mowers that support the function of regulating the bevel.
- Remember that the best is morning or evening bevel. After mowing the grass, it is necessary to perform the following actions: top dressing with mineral fertilizers (calculated up to 50 g / m2), irrigate and roll with a light roller.
- It is recommended to leave mowing on the lawn for several days in warm, dry weather, while spreading it over the entire area.
- During frequent use of the lawn, before mowing in about 5-6 hours, it is necessary to add a biostimulant, which leads to better tillering. A good remedy is Epin Extra.
- In places of a sports lawn where “bald spots” appear, re-sowing is performed. Use for a sports lawn the seeds of meadow fescue and perennial ryegrass. These herbs begin to germinate already on the 5-7th day.
And finally, remember that if your lawn has areas where grass is completely absent, they are restored with a special mixture. Its composition: 20% common comb, 40% pasture ryegrass, 20% red fescue and meadow bluegrass.