How to Fuel a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Champion
Each owner of a personal plot or house lawn sooner or later thinks about the problem of cleaning grass. To cope with this task, today’s summer residents are helped by a manual brushcutter or trimmer. The working part of such a tool is a spinning reel, which cuts off unnecessary grass with a fishing line. Everything seems to be simple, but not every amateur gardener knows how to wind a fishing line on a trimmer reel. Oddly enough, manufacturers often forget to raise this issue in the instruction manual.
Trimmers are different
To understand how to wind a fishing line on a reel of a trimmer, you first need to deal with the tool itself: what kind of company, how it works, how it works and what spare parts will be needed for repair. To begin with, the trimmers are divided into gasoline and electric, and they can have a knife and fishing line as cutting elements. There are 3 modifications of trimmers:
- with fishing line and knives having 2–4 blades;
- only with knives;
- only with fishing line.
Of course, craftsmen can improve anything and sometimes they trim in trimmers, for example, metal wire or fishing line. But to do this categorically is not worth it. you can seriously injure yourself or others.
Types of Trimmer Heads
Also, the braid heads can have a different device: with automatic feeding of fishing line, semi-automatic or manual. In the first case, in order to lengthen the working ends of the thread, it is necessary to slightly reduce the speed. And when you add them again, the fishing line will advance automatically. For semi-automatic devices, you need to click on the special button located below. The trimmer is optional. Just tap the scythe on the ground. The most inconvenient to work with are manual trimmers. To lengthen its working ends, the tool must be turned off and the operation must be performed manually.
Another reel with fishing line for the trimmer happens:
- single-string. suitable only for cosmetic trimming of the local area;
- two-stringed. used for more serious work on cleaning the site of grass.
Video: How to Fuel a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Champion
- A ring must be cut out of thin but durable plastic, and its inner diameter should be equal to the thickness of the core on which the fishing line is wound, and the outer one to the diameter of the reel.
- On the inner part of the ring you need to make a small recess through which the thread will be threaded.
- Next, the ring is cut, put on a coil. And the place of the cut is glued with adhesive tape or soldered with a hot knife. That’s all. now each end of the fishing line can be wound on its own part of the reel.
Choose a fishing line
Take a close look at the cross section of the fishing line, it can be round or with edges (square, "star") Faceted thread is suitable for harvesting harder grass and weeds. However, if the grass is too stiff, it is better to use a motokosa with knives (milling cutter).
Some types of fishing line have quite sharp edges, so in order to avoid injuries, the reel is in gloves.
How to reel fishing line on a trimmer reel. Learn step by step
To find out how to wind the line onto the trimmer coil, you need to carefully examine the mowing part of the device or look into the instrument passport. The fact is that, depending on the method of refueling, trimmer coils are quick-loading and collapsible. For the first, everything is very simple. You don’t have to remove and disassemble anything, you just need to find the holes for the fishing line, thread it through both ears and wind the desired number of turns, and cut off the excess.
- First, make sure that the trimmer is turned off, and if you use a brushcutter, be sure to unscrew the candle.
- Remove the mowing head from the trimmer and disassemble it. To do this, press the latches located on the head housing all the way and remove the cover.
- Cut the required amount of fishing line, and make its ends sharp. This will facilitate the work.
- Place one end of the fishing line in a special clip located in the center of the reel.
- Wind the string in the direction of the arrow indicated on the cover, while holding the thread firmly with your finger.
- Leave a free end 12-15 cm long and fasten it into the slots on the reel.
- If the mower coil of your trimmer is two-section. do the last 4 points again. At the same time, reel the fishing line into a free section. And fix the end on the other side of the coil.
- Return the structure to the mowing head and pull out the free ends of the fishing line through special slots.
- Close the head cover and reassemble the trimmer. Your braid is ready for work again.
As you already understood, refueling fishing line into the reel of the trimmer. a simple matter, it is quite within the power of every novice summer resident. You just need to understand how your tool is designed, and do the work carefully, without rushing.