How To Start A Gasoline Lawn Mower
How to choose a gasoline lawn mower: criteria, brands, How to choose the right gasoline lawn mower. Mower selection criteria. Features of disposal of cut grass.
How to navigate prices
Lawn mower cost depends on the available set of basic and additional functions, as well as on various indicators of its work.
Gasoline trimmer cost can be from 2500 rubles. And the price of a lawn mower reaches up to 35,000. Raiders or mini-tractors, which, in addition to mowing, are endowed with many other functions, are more expensive.
In addition, the cost is influenced by the material of manufacture, country of origin, brand popularity in the market and other factors.
How to choose a gasoline lawn mower: criteria, brands, prices
A good way to simplify work on a plot of land is to use garden equipment. Hand tools have already exhausted their capabilities, and a lot of multifunctional devices are being produced for owners of gardens and vegetable gardens.
In maintaining a well-groomed appearance of any plot of land provided for a lawn, it will help lawn mower. There are several factors to consider to get the right machine.
Mower selection criteria
Before the final choice, you should find out some facts about the site for which the purchase is made, and about the mower itself:
- Grass characteristics: You can use a lower power for mowing lawn grass than for mowing field grass and bushes.
- Lawn slope: A wheeled unit is suitable for areas with a slight slope, but on a lawn with a large slope it is better to use a petrol trimmer
- Plot size: The larger the area, the more powerful the mower should be. The same applies to the volume of the fuel tank and the grass catcher.
It often happens that users of this kind of machines try to “save” by filling the tank with not fuel with the usual octane number, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic canister for almost a dozen years.
- Always clean your lawn mower after work. Dried grass can stick firmly to it. It also smells bad when it starts to rot. Therefore, as soon as you are done mowing, clear the mower of any grass.
- Never leave the mower over the winter with gasoline in the tank. During storage, it can thicken and clog the carburetor.
- Never run your mower without proper lubrication, unless you love buying a new mower every time.
The main thing is the fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of plastic dissolved in a brutal environment create such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will definitely not be able to do without completely overturning the mechanism. Petrol self-propelled lawn mowers choice. But you will certainly remember forever how to store fuel correctly.
What can you do when the fuel was just normal, there is a spark, but the petrol trimmer won’t start? It may be that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be unscrewed, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. Reliable electronic braid trimmers. By the way, it will be completely useful to check the candle itself for performance.
Your first launch
When gasoline is poured and the rest of the fuel mixture is present, the most crucial moment of the first start of the gasoline spit comes. To start the mower for the first time without incidents, it is necessary to correctly follow the starting instructions.
- We place the lawn mower that we are going to start on a flat surface.
- The choke control lever must be switched to the closed position.
- We do a few strokes of the primer in order for the gasoline fuel to enter the carburetor.
- Turn on the ignition button.
- Try to pull out the starting cord smoothly until you feel a little resistance.
- Then you can make several sharp jerks 3,4 and your lawnmower should start.
- The air damper can then be fully opened.
How to start a petrol mower
Don’t know how to start a petrol mower? We will give you a hint. In any village, in a summer cottage, in a country house, for leveling lawn grass or weeds, cleaning the territory in a garden or vegetable garden, there must be a mower and, best of all, if it is gasoline.
The crackling and noise generated from using a gasoline mower can be heard from the first day of summer until late autumn, until the grass growth has significantly decreased. Gasoline mowers have gained immense popularity due to their ease of use. Such a device is easy to use and care for the lawn, in case of failure it is not difficult to repair. Below we will take a closer look at how the process of starting a gasoline mower is carried out.
The first run-in of the mower
When your device was turned on by you, do not rush to work with it right there. Give him time to work a little, run around. 5 minutes are required when starting the engine for the first time to idle. As long as the engine is warming up well, you can adjust the choke to prevent the cutter from rotating with the spool. As soon as the mower is well warmed up, you can safely open the air supply completely and start mowing.
- Press the throttle stick with light force, work in the depressed position for up to 30 seconds. You can then release the gas and let your mower run again for a longer time, up to about 50 seconds. In this mode, you can work up to 15 minutes without rest for the device. Then we turn off our mower and give it about 20 minutes of rest.
- Having cooled our equipment, you can continue to run in the motor, according to the same scheme as described above. We put the trimmer on hot and always with an open air damper. Try not to hold it for a long time during operation, because the parts moving inside the motor will surely start rubbing against each other. At idle, the engine should also not run because it can overheat.
The next step is to properly run in the gearbox of our trimmer. To do this, you need to decide on a section of grass, it must necessarily be not tall and young. We mow the grass for about 10 minutes, with phased rests of the device as described above. The cycle is repeated at least 4.5 times.
Important! In general, running in a gasoline mower according to the above algorithm should be carried out by you with a full tank of gasoline, but the last drop of the fuel mixture is produced. After such a running-in, the tool will be ready for you for further, long-term work. When mowing grass, be sure to ensure that the temperature of the motor and gearbox is not exceeded. Both of these units should not overheat.
The easiest ways to start a lawn mower
The petrol powered lawnmower must be visually inspected before use to ensure that no visible damage occurs. The device start-up procedure is divided into 7 step-by-step steps.
Step-by-step instructions on how to start the equipment (gasoline lawn mower):
- Disconnect transmission, ignition system.
- Rotate the motor shaft with a starter, starter cord.
- Switch on the ignition.
- Close the air damper.
- Start the engine.
If the engine starts successfully:
- Squeeze the throttle lever.
- Set the lever to the low speed position.
- Warm up the device in this position for 5 minutes.
Working with an engine that is not warmed up leads to a decrease in the performance and durability of the device.