Stihl 180 Clutch
Chainsaw. How to unscrew the clutch.
Often faced with breakdowns caused by improper actions of the tool owners when loosening the clutch. How this is done is described in general terms in the article.
This problem is faced every time there is a need to remove the drive sprocket and / or clutch chainsaw.
On the Web you can find a lot of and text material on this subject. If desired, all this is easy to find. It is always useful to search for the necessary information in the user’s guide to the tool.
Each model saw has its own characteristics in performing this procedure. Therefore, we describe this process from a common ideological position.
1. It is necessary to remove a cover of a chain brake. To begin, pull the brake handle toward you. This must be done so that the brake band does not touch the clutch cup. Then loosen the two nuts holding the cover. Loosen the mechanical chain tensioner. Loosen chain and tire tension. Then completely unscrew the two nuts and remove the chain brake cover.
2. Remove the tire and chain, remove dirt, if any.
3. Turn out a spark plug from a candle opening of the cylinder.
4. Next, you need to fix the piston in the cylinder. To do this, rotating the clutch, we observe the upward movement of the piston. In most cases, as soon as the piston blocks the exhaust outlet, lower any suitable rope into the spark plug hole in an amount sufficient to prevent the piston from moving further up. You can impose simple knots on the rope to enhance the effect. Remember that the rope will then have to be pulled back. So do not miss its second end;)
5. Now you can unscrew the nut on the clutch. The most important thing to remember: the left thread, to unscrew it, turn the key clockwise. As a tool, the key that comes with the saw is suitable. It is not recommended to unscrew the clutch with a chisel and hammer. Bring down the verge. This is an extreme measure.
6. Next, remove the clutch and drum with the drive sprocket.
7. Assess the condition of the needle bearing.
Assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Some nuances to be aware of: