The Petrol Trimmer Does Not Start; Causes A Candle To Flood
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could have been avoided. But since this happened the gas trimmer does not start, then we must look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will consider the main reasons why the trimmer does not start with the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as describe general recommendations for operating such a tool.
Start with the banal! We will figure out how to properly start a gas trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trimmer bar to position “I”. This means turning on the power.
Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the “suction” button of fuel (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel supply lever to its original position. Finally, sharply pull the starter handle toward you. The trimmer should work. Try several times if the first time fails. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gas trimmer does not start, then you should first examine it yourself before leading to the service center. There are two main reasons why a garden trimmer will not start:
- Violation of the power circuit.
- There is no fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. It is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of security measures, make sure that the trimmer is turned off. We bring the above toggle switch to the “STOP” position.
- Then remove the rubber protection from the plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special candle key, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the procedure for trimming the trimmer described above.
The second reason the garden tool does not work is that the fuel is low. On the Elinech T750, a fuel tank is located near the motor, but on most trimmers it is there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal option is the AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special engine oil to the tank, just 50 grams per gas tank is enough, without it the motor will begin to “sneeze” and will quickly become worthless. After we close the tank with a cap, wipe the surface of the trimmer and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the gas trimmer does not start as before, then it makes sense to return it for repair. And the reason for this decision is simple. If you do not have the appropriate skills, repairing the equipment is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and there are no such malfunctions, you should, first of all, familiarize yourself with the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the operating time of the engine at the trimmer. Take a short break every 15 minutes of operation and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate it with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gas trimmer will not start.
36,272 total views, 13 views today
Caring for a personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mowing does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of the unit useful at the cottage needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
- Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
- Checking the fuel mixture
- We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
- Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
- Breather and exhaust channel
- Complex causes of lawn mowing failure
- Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mowing does not start or immediately stalls after start-up, it is necessary to check all the main components and assemblies in sequence. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be fixed after a thorough inspection.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gas spit, check the availability and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). It is necessary to prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its quantity from real needs. Excess gasoline remaining after work over time loses its quality.
We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls at start-up, then a filled candle may become the cause. Here, for repair, an ordinary candle key (probably every motorist has it) and a spare candle are suitable.
- We twist the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not calcine);
- The excess fuel in the chamber is drained through the spark plug hole and dried;
- We clear an old candle from a deposit by means of a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We return everything to its place and try to start a trimmer.
If the candle is working, the nest where it is completely dry and the lawn mower does not want to start, we lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly moistened. No matter how wonderful a spark a candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, a cause such as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire should be excluded. If the connection is high-quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here you can’t do without a master, because the part is not being repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
Another reason that the gas braid stalls may be an air filter. To exclude it, try to remove the filter and start the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow out and thoroughly clean the old one.
A gas trimmer may not start up due to contamination of the fuel filter. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can result in repair of the engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust channel
Often, “gentle” branded lawn mowers do not start and stall due to contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the fuel supply. You can fix the problem by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of the braids with internal combustion engines may be impaired due to the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older models. You can solve the problem by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark mesh.
Complex causes of lawn mowing failure
If the step-by-step algorithm for troubleshooting does not give a result, and your braid still does not start or stalls, it is worth examining the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for unstable tool operation. Three main problems can be distinguished here:
- Clogged channels or jets. All this is cleaned with special washes or purged with a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wire, as passage sections may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Output. Replacement of failed gaskets;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing a manometer with a suitable one. Keep track of the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to fall, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the gas trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. If chips, scratches, or nicks are found on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory inspection. A slight piston loophole while rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to service center specialists.
Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
In order for the lawn mowing to continue well, you need to provide it with good storage and operating conditions:
- During operation, carefully monitor the cooling system, carefully and timely clean the channels in the housing, as well as the fins of the starter;
- If necessary, use solvents, kerosene and other detergents for cleaning;
- Do not clean the tool “hot”. Let it cool;
- Strictly follow the requirements of the instruction regarding the operating mode, otherwise you may overheat the engine;
- If you do not plan to use the lawn mower in the next month, the fuel mixture must be drained from it, because over time it breaks up into heavy fractions that will uniquely clog the carburetor channels;
- After draining the fuel, let the trimmer idle until it dies, this will help to completely remove the remains of the working mixture.
Before winter storage, follow these steps:
- Completely disassemble the braid, rinse and clean all the details that you can;
- Inspect the parts for damage, if necessary, eliminate distortions, gusts, bends and any other malfunctions;
- Pour enough oil into the gearbox and clean the air filter;
- You can partially disassemble the motor, flush, blow and grease all moving parts;
- In order to lubricate the piston, you need to unscrew the candle, raise the piston to the dead center with the starter, pour a little oil into the spark plug hole and rotate the crankshaft a couple of times;
- If you are not keeping the lawn mowing house, wind the engine with an oiled rag.