which dremel to choose 4000 or 3000. Graphite 59g019
Which type of dremel is better to choose?
The rating of engravers included products from the most popular companies in this market, which have a good reputation, have collected a large number of reviews and regularly receive excellent recommendations by experts in the industry of power tools.
Here are the products of what firms we are talking about in this rating:
- Vihr is a company that produces electric and hand tools. It has a few engravers, and they are all powered. On average, their power is 150 watts, so these devices are more suitable for home use than for commercial use. Their disks rotate at about 20,000 rpm. The body of the products is made of high-quality plastic, distinguished by increased wear resistance.
- Zubr is a well-known Russian supplier of high-quality electrical and hand tools for home and country houses. The engraving appliances of this brand are sold in two wattages, 130W and 160W. There are variants with disc speed from 15 000 to 35 000 revolutions per minute. Kits are distinguished by the richness of completing, on average, they include about 100 additions that will not be superfluous. This is one of the main competitors of the Vortex brand. The manufacturer offers products with an optimal price to quality ratio.
- Bort is a German brand that produces hand and power tools for home and garden. Engravers are presented as small drills that can not only cut, but also drill and grind metal and wood. The company always gives a long warranty on its products, at least one year. The weight of the devices is on average 0.The rugged construction and the low weight of the rugged construction makes these products very compact and easy to carry, weighing in at an average of 0.5 kg. They stand out from the competition due to their low noise level and high quality body materials.
- Sturm is a German manufacturer of construction tools at affordable prices, while at the same time it has a good European quality. It has stood the test of time and is confirmed by the results of successful product tests. Both amateurs and professionals can work effectively with the company’s devices. The firm has provided a high level of service that facilitates the replacement of parts in the event of failure of the device. Its products solve even the most complicated problems!
- Dremel engraving tools from this company allow you to engrave on a variety of materials with maximum precision, which guarantees a professional result. They allow you to control the depth of cut, and it increases the quality of work. The kits include several special bits each, making the product versatile and multifunctional. So you can save a little money by not having to buy other tools for grinding and drilling in wood and metal.
- Hammer. the first tool of this brand was produced in the 80s of the 20th century. The company’s success is due to strict quality control, which is carried out in two stages. Engineers first oversee the creation of the products, the finished products are both automatic and manual checks. After its delivery to the market, managers monitor customer reactions and complaints. Any negative feedback is investigated and any necessary corrective measures are taken.
Every company whose products are featured in this engraver ranking is worth a look. All companies offer products with good quality, many features and affordable price, except for some individual tool models.
Case and ergonomics. The cutter has an extended body made of impact-resistant plastic with rubber inlays in relief for better hand contact. It has a steel loop for hanging over the workplace and a removable side handle. All controls are located on one side of the tool.
Features and capabilities. The tool plugs into a household electrical outlet and consumes 175 watts. It has a wide speed range from 5000 to 35000 rpm with electronic frequency stabilization, which allows you to perform any work. EZ Twist tip makes for quick and handy accessory changes. Collet clamp for diameters from 0.8-32mm is used here. Spindle lock for easy switching.
Accessories. Set comes in a sturdy plastic carry case. It includes a flexible shaft for fine work, milling compass, sharpening and grinding platform, 65 small attachments for various purposes. The latest EZ version adds a plastic storage pouch for the engraver with a cord reel that can be mounted on the wall.
Plastic holster with cord reel groove.
- High functionality.
- Ergonomic body and grip design.
- Not a bad piece of equipment.
- Nozzles can be replaced without using wrenches or other tools.
- Perceptible vibration.
- Not the strongest plastic.
- Expensive original consumables and additional attachments (if you have to buy them).
Best of lists
Here are a few models of the device.
Let us distinguish the best engravers in the categories:
Let’s move on to the detailed characteristics of each category.
Engy EEG-170 has a pleasant quality-price ratio. The machine has everything you need for normal and successful operation. Especially, I want to note the absence of vibration and heat at all speed range.
|Highest disk rotation setting||35000 rpm|
|Power||from the mains|
|Number of nozzles||40 pc|
High-precision and high-quality device. Proxxon FBS 240/E. The device is tuned to work with absolutely any material. Offers continuously variable speed control. Collet diameter is 3.2 mm.
|The highest speed of the workpiece||20000 rpm|
|Power Consumption||100 W|
|Tool case||there is|
Many models have high power. A large number of customer reviews highlight the model DILD MED-1 MF. It tops the rating in its category. And it comes with a decent package. Its set includes a flexible shaft, a clamp for mounting a tripod, the tripod itself, a light device, a set of nozzles and an epochal case for the device.
|Maximum disc rotation setting||35000 rpm|
|Power Consumption||170 W|
See also: How to choose a frying pan: 7 top tips, species overview (photos, video)Cost: 6061
Types of grinders
Engraver engraving Today you can divide engravers into several types. Depending on the type, price and functionality will vary. It is worth taking a closer look at what offers are on the market:
- laser models are considered the most accurate and expensive. Engraving is performed by a laser beam. These are usually stationary machines;
- cordless. These are small tools that are battery powered;
- Cordless. analogous to cordless, but they run on 220 V. Some cordless engravers are also equipped with a cable for mains power;
- percussion. They resemble in principle the work of a peorator. They are necessary for work with metals and stone;
- Solid body, where the tip and the motor are in one body. Most common today, the work is done by the movement of the spindle, which drives the nozzle;
- Micro engravers are used for jewelry work. Here we use compressed air to perform engraving.
Below we will list only manual models, stationary ones will not be taken into consideration.
Types of cutters
Engraving Engravers Today we can divide engravers into several types. Depending on the type, the price and functionality will vary. It is worth taking a closer look at what is available on the market:
- Laser models are considered the most precise and expensive. The engraving is done by the action of the laser beam. Usually they are stationary machines;
- Cordless. They are small battery-powered tools;
- Network. analog of battery models, but they work from 220 V. Some cordless engravers also have a cable for mains power;
- percussion. They resemble in principle the work of a peorator. They are needed for working with metals and stone;
- Tip and motor in one housing. Most common today, the work is done by the movement of a spindle, which drives a nozzle;
- Micro-engravers are used for jewelry work. This uses compressed air to engrave.
Only manual models will be listed below, stationary models will not be considered.
Comparative table of characteristics
In order to easily make a choice, we recommend taking a look at the comparison table of presented models. The table captures the important parameters that may influence the decision to purchase the product.
|Model||Power||Weight, kg||Power, W||Cost,|
|VICHR G-160GV||corded||0.67||160||1790 to 2205|
|Hammer MD050B||from the mains||0.172||135||995 to 4219|
|Dremel 4000-6/128||corded||0.66||175||12368 to 14784|
|ELITECH PSM 170EJK||AC||0.75||170||2549 to 2642|
|Bort BCT-140||from the mains||1.2||135||1172 to 2040|
|Hammer MD170A||from mains||0.75||170||2380 to 4930|
|Dremel 4000-4/65||mains||0.66||175||9029 to 12183|
Testimonial: Dremel 3000 Multitool. Dremel 3000. wizard’s wand
I didn’t call this multifunctional tool a magic wand for nothing. This really can do wonders with it.
The Dremel 3000 is difficult to categorize specifically as an engraver or grinder, as it is multifunctional. You can use it for grinding, polishing, drilling, sawing, and of course, engraving on glass and ceramics. Of course, this tool is designed for decorative work, and you do not build a house with it. But to make a beautiful engraving on a glass vase, a fish tank lid, decorations, ornaments is easy. And the result will be very high quality. With this tool you can work with wood, plastic, ceramic, glass and even metal.
The Dremel 3000 is a bit different to the Dremel 300 Series already shown here in reviews, in appearance and equipment. Includes: comfortable carrying case, container with accessories:- 4 felt polishing tips of 2 different diameters- 2 abrasive metal cone and cylindrical- 2 cutting-off wheels 38 mm- 5 wood sanding discs- 6 sanding flakes with different grit- Graver- Accessories and cutting discs holders- Collets- Paste- Drill bit– Key
Also included is a DVD with lessons and instruction manual. Very convenient. is the presence of a flexible shaft, which allows you to do the finest work. I “draw” on the glass like a pencil on paper. But the pencil is a bit heavy. But you get used to it.
I bought the diamond cones, polishing rubber nozzles and the collets for them separately. I confess that they are not “dremolov”, because the brand is still not cheap, and the material consumption is high.
And here’s a photo of me diamond engraving on glass with my Dremel 3000:
The machine has several modes, so I can work on different materials. Quite noisy at high speed. But once I worked till midnight. The neighbors do not knock. Our house is paneled, but maybe I was just patient =).
My husband gave me a Dremel 3000 for my birthday. That’s why I can’t give you an exact price but I’m quoting the average price on the Market.
Separately, I want to note that in many amateur video hands on the Internet “teachers” do not use protective clothing. My friends, when you use the Dremel or any other tool like this, please wear plastic eye wear and a dust mask for your safety.
Testimonial: Dremel 3000 Multitool. The must-have for DIYers and beyond. Dremel 3000 disassembled.
Today my review is about a versatile power tool called Dremel 3000 (Dremel), and in essence it is an engraver. Which I bought about 5 years ago.
This name is firmly attached to all similar tools, like copiers. Xerox. And the name is more correctly the brand belongs to Bosch. Under this brand are produced not only engravers, but also soldering irons, for example.
On the other side you can see the switch, aka the Dremel engine speed regulator:
The technical specifications can be seen in the following photo. Publish here a photo of the instruction manual with the characteristics of the.
As you can see from the photo, this version of the Dremel 3000 is rated at 230 volts 50 hertz. Power consumption of 130 watts. The maximum speed of the motor rotor 33000 rpm. The diameter of the tool shank that clamps the standard Dremel collet is 3.2 mm. This dremel was made in Mexico. The length of the power cord is 2 meters.Getting ahead of the story, this Dremel differs from the 110-volt version in one detail in the control unit.
Sold dremel 3000 packed in a cardboard box and a fairly handy pencil-box for storage:
Aside from the Dremel, the pencil case holds many accessories for the Dremel. For me, it has a protective screen and a guide for routing.
The pencil case is made of thick synthetic material and fastens with a zipper with two locks.
The range of applications for this power tool is very wide. In its essence it is a basic. Using a variety of attachments and fixtures, it becomes a versatile soldier in the home workshop.
With Dremel you can: engrave, grind, polish, cut, drill, milling, sawing, sharpening chain saws and even have an attachment to remove grout from the joints between the tiles.
For the convenience of engraving there is a flexible shaft (my kit does not have it).
I mainly use my Dremel 3000 for drilling, fine trimming and sanding.
The adaptors are mounted on the thread instead of the nut-key, the nut-key is unscrewed and in its place screwed on the adaptors.Dremel with a guide for milling, instead of a cutter for I inserted a drill:
Three-jaw chuck with dremel 3000 with face shield. The screen is necessary when you work with cutting wheels with metal and not only:
On the picture a diamond cutting disc for working with glass and ceramics.When I needed to cut the bottom off a bottle I used this disc and a shield.That’s what I got with the bottle.
In the bottle is activated carbon to clean the alcohol. 🙂 Well, I do not buy vodka in the store, I do it myself.
If you want to buy this tool I suggest you buy a three jaw chuck AT ONCE. It saves you the trouble of using only proprietary gadgets.
You can see in the photo that there is something wrong with the chuck. Correctly the cams are not symmetrically located. And the reason is this:
During the life of this chuck, two of the three springs have died safely. By the way the chuck is not available in some versions of the Dremel 3000. I must say that the chuck also works in this form, just need to center it when clamping the drill or tooling.
When buying a Dremel, I immediately bought a set of nozzles:
Most of them are used up and actively used by me (cutting discs and grinding stones).The dremel in my hand:
I can’t list all the advantages of this tool.
For me, the main drawback is the lack of power. I often have to drill holes with a diameter of 3. 3.2 mm in metal. Because the speed of the tool is regulated by a commonplace triac power controller, at low speeds it is just not enough. You have to crank the rotor to maximum and load the tool to the desired rpm by feeding the drill. So I got the hang of it. The drilling with thin drills 0.5-2 mm is done without any problem. I drill with thin drills for printed circuit boards, for example.
Review: Dremel 3000 Multitool. Not a bad option, versatile, expensive, there are pros and cons. Detailed review (photos of work)
My first drill from this company, originally I planned a 4000 series, but after the price increase I did not see any sense in it. I found the 3000 series in the only place I could get it for a good price and I ordered it immediately. The box made a positive impression, it is very big
The tool itself in my opinion is not very good or comfortable ergonomics, nothing interesting. This is one of the two disadvantages in my opinion, I had the opportunity to use the drill from prokson and it sits great in the hand, in terms of dremel body has flaws, the plastic seems to be very cheap, tactilely much less pleasant than the analogues from the company prokson, that is what it is. My feet are pretty big, it makes the machine look compact, in my opinion it would make sense to make it thinner and longer, so the switch could be placed farther and the machine would sit more comfortably in the hand, to make the coating more rubber in some places and the beauty. For the price they are not much different, I also have a representative of a very budget class and the body is about the same as the dremel.
Tooling included (I have 25 items), well, well chosen, there is at least one mill (normal shape, works well), furring (furring from dremel very high quality, like all other equipment), polishing paste (not used, has its own finishing paste goi), felt circles (circles as circles), cutting discs (well thought-out mounting, disk can be quickly replaced, the discs are good for cutting metal). Not a bad kit
The cat Pauline already can not wait to start working and test the whole thing, let’s not disappoint her
The engine power of 130 W, the machine gives up to 32k RPM, a set of Chinese metal cutters at this speed takes off the wood like butter, almost no resistance is felt. The sanding coats work similarly at these speeds, no problems noted with rough work.Heating. The strong side of this drill, sit down and work, the heating does not bother, even if I accidentally clamped part of the cooling holes, the machine is not warm at all, a huge plus.Runout. Nothing of this noticed, worked a couple of evenings for several hours, loads of all kinds, the work of the machine is not affected, the shaft rotates as smoothly, collet is clamped, no hum.Flexible shaft. But here is the second and the last fault, the shaft is very hot and smells of plastic, I do not want to work with it for this reason, the hose itself (the part that is in your hand) is comfortable, it can work, plastic stinks a lot and I do not want to use a flexible shaft for this reason. I would like to hear the answer from the company’s representatives. I don’t want to give the whole set back and then get a new one, I would just like to replace the shaft. I have a low-budget graver from Dexter, for its price and it is well worked the due time, and there were no problems with the shaft, of course, the sleeve is much less comfortable and has a lot of play (the eye is not noticeable but the work felt), for this reason, the graver of this company, I always used without a flexible shaft. Now the situation is the opposite, the shaft is comfortable but there is something wrong with it.
On the internet a lot of reviews and unpacking tools from this company, of these few reviews with a what that extensive work, I worked with this drill a couple of days, the impressions are mostly positive, unfortunate (judging by reviews) location switch did not cause inconvenience, setting is uncomfortable (the wheel is better) but if desired it can be used, the slider is hard and at an accidental touch does not move. The case did not make any bright impressions but it is quite comfortable. The graver can be held as a handle at maximum speed, the vibration is slight, it is generally comfortable. The flexible shaft is of course upset, I hope to wait for a response from the representative A pleasant experience, even managed to fulfill some requests. Unfortunately with the drawing the situation is a little worse
Features comparison table
In order to easily decide with the choice, we recommend taking a look at the comparison table presented models. The table captures the important parameters that can affect the decision to buy a product.
|Model||Power||Weight, kg||Power, W||Cost,|
|VICHR G-160GV||from circuit||0.67||160||from 1790 to 2205|
|Hammer MD050B||from line||0.172||135||995 to 4219|
|Dremel 4000-6/128||from the mains||0.66||175||12368 to 14784|
|ELITECH PSHM 170EZHK||from the mains||0.75||170||2549 to 2642|
|Bort BCT-140||from mains||1.2||135||from 1172 to 2040|
|Hammer MD170A||from the mains||0.75||170||2,380 to 4,930|
|Dremel 4000-4/65||mains||0.66||175||9029 to 12183|
Here are a few models of the devices. Let’s pick out the best engravers in the categories:
Let’s move on to the detailed characteristics of each category.
Engy EEG-170 has a nice quality / price ratio. The device has everything you need for normal and successful work. I’d like to mention especially the absence of vibration and heat at all rpm range.
|Highest RPM setting||35000 rpm|
|Power consumption||170 W|
|Power||from the net|
|Number of nozzles||40 pcs|
|Case for the device||there is|
High precision and quality device. Proxxon FBS 240/E. The device is tuned to work with absolutely any material. Infinitely variable speed control. Collet diameter is 3.2 mm.
|The highest speed of rotation of the workpiece||20000 rpm|
|Tool case||it has|
Many models have a high power. A large number of customer reviews highlight the DILD MED-1 MF model. It tops the rating in its category. And it also comes with a decent package. Includes flexible shaft, tripod clamp, tripod itself, light unit, nozzle set, and an epochal instrument case.
|Maximum disc rotation setting||35,000 rpm|
|Power Consumption||170 watt|