Which Gasoline Is Poured Into Champion Lawnmower
Despite a fairly wide selection of lawn mowers with different operating principles, gas mowers do not lose their popularity. Respect among users, they earned power and autonomy.
For a comfortable work process and the absence of breakdowns during the operation of the lawn mower, as well as other garden equipment of a similar action: trimmers, lawn mowers, the first launch is very important. If you do not pay enough attention to preparing the equipment for use, this may affect the quality of work or damage the unit.
Before starting a gas mower, a visual inspection should be made for visible damage. The process of starting the unit is conditionally divided into several stages.
Fuel mixture preparation, refueling
If the mower is started after winter, the contents of the tank are checked: if there is unused fuel, it should be drained. Then you can start refueling equipment. It is important to know some nuances here.
To fuel two-stroke engines, it is necessary to use a fuel mixture. It can be purchased ready-made or prepared yourself. There is nothing complicated in the preparation of the mixture, but you need to adhere to the necessary proportions.
Lawn mower gasoline Oleo-Mac
When using synthetic oils, a proportion of 1:50 is used. For 5 liters of gasoline 100 g of oil.
When using mineral oils, the proportion is 1:35. 100 g. Of oil per 3.5 liters of gasoline.
Refueling a four-stroke engine does not require preparation of the fuel mixture. A special oil sump is provided here, gasoline is poured separately. It is important to remember that the oil also needs to be replaced, depending on the intensity of use of the mower. Basically, you need to change the oil every 50 hours or at least once a year.
Important! Lawn mowers work well when using oils with a viscosity index of SAE-30. In addition, if the engine was run in with synthetic oil, then it cannot be replaced with mineral oil and vice versa.
As for gasoline, Chinese, Japanese and American lawn mowers work well with A-92 fuel, for European models it is better to use gasoline with a large octane rating.
When refueling the mower, make sure that the level of gasoline is 2-3 cm below the edge of the fuel tank.
Starting a cold engine
Before starting an unheated lawnmower, the transmission, ignition system are turned off, and the motor shaft is scrolled by the starter or starter cord.
Then a series of actions is performed:
- The ignition turns on;
- The choke closes;
- The engine is starting up.
Petrol lawn mower STIGA Collector
If the mower does not start, you will have to carry out a number of manipulations:
- The damper remains closed, the ignition is on;
- The fuel pump (suction) button is pressed about 5 times;
- An attempt is made to start the engine.
In case of repeated failure, the following should be done:
- Open the shutter to prevent the filling of candles;
- Scroll the shaft with a starter;
- Blow through the combustion chamber;
- Start the engine.
Sometimes for the first start of the motor about 15 jerks may be needed. This is quite normal for this technique.
When the engine starts, the throttle lever is squeezed once to use idle. Further, the lever is set to a position corresponding to low revs. In this position, the engine should run for about 5 minutes to warm up. If necessary, its operation can be stopped by pressing the “Stop” button.
Attention! It is not recommended to work with an unheated engine. This affects its performance and durability.
Warm engine start
Starting a pre-warmed motor is much simpler and does not require such efforts:
- The control knob is set to the “maximum fuel supply” position;
- Engine starts;
- The desired speed is selected.
You can get to work.
The most common errors when starting a gas mower are:
- Inadequate or complete lack of gasoline. A commonplace, but fairly common reason why a lawn mower does not start. The tank is checked, gasoline is added to the desired volume.
- Poor fuel or improperly prepared fuel mixture. In this case, it is very important to study the recommendations and instructions on the issue of the required fuel quality, regarding the model of the mower used.
- Incorrect air damper position. If the shutter is closed and the number of jerks is more than 5, there is a risk that the fuel will flood the candles.
- Ignition off during startup. Ignition should be switched on immediately after closing the air damper.
Lawn mower gasoline Intertool LM-4545
The main breakdown of lawn mowers
Despite the large selection of manufacturers and the variety of models, the reasons why the Makita, Honda, Husqvarna or other lawn mowers do not start are the same for everyone.
The main reasons why a gas mower does not start or starts, but immediately stalls, there may be problems with the ignition, carburetor, filters.
If the filled fuel and fuel mixture are of good quality and in the right quantity, the air damper is closed, the mower starts up and stalls immediately; the cause may be due to the following problems:
- Defective or filled spark plug. In this case, you should unscrew the candle, dry well and thoroughly clean it with a nail file or file. Excess fuel is drained, the candle hole is dried. A clearance of 1 mm is set, and the candle is screwed in again.
Important! Drying the channel requires at least half an hour.
- Dry threaded connection. It should be lubricated with gas so that the spark could flare up.
- Lack of spark from a candle. In this situation, the contact of the candle and the high-voltage wire is first checked. If the contact is normal, and the lawnmower makes a clap and stalls, there is a problem with the ignition, and you cannot do without a service center.
These breakdowns are common reasons why the Husqvarna Lawn Mower will not start.
Fairly common causes of garden equipment breakdowns, including why the Honda lawnmower does not start, are problems with the air and fuel filters:
- Clogged air filter. If the first possible reasons are not confirmed, and the mower still stalls, you can remove the air filter and try to start the device without it. If the stalled engine starts, the reason is in it. The filter should be cleaned or replaced with a new one.
- Dirty fuel filter. Another possible diagnostic option. The filter element is inspected and replaced if necessary.
Important! Running a lawn mower without a filter element is highly discouraged.
- Breather pollution. With its help, the pressure in the gas tank is regulated. If the breather is blocked, a vacuum is created and the fuel supply stops.
The following breakdowns are more serious and without certain skills, it is not easy to cope with them. There are problems with carburetor malfunctions:
- Contamination of nozzles and channels. They are washed with special liquids, blown with a stream of air from the carburetor.
- Worn gasket. It is being replaced with a new gasket.
- Leakage damage. Diagnostics is carried out using a tonometer. If the pressure is stable, everything is fine, it falls. You need to find and replace the damaged element.
Another failure option is a piston group problem. Worn or damaged pistons should be replaced.
Lawn-mower gasoline Knight of BG-4900
Petrol Lawn Mower Operating Rules
Like any equipment, the mower needs some care features and the basic principles of use. These rules are simple, but will help maintain the health of the unit for a long time.
General operating rules:
- Read the instructions for use and care of the lawn mower, learn the basic rules of operation, storage and safety.
- After each use, clean the housing, channels, grass catcher, knives, preferably using special fluids.
- Do not clean the hot engine mower.
- During operation, monitor the condition of the engine, prevent it from overheating, take breaks.
- At large intervals in the operation of the lawn mower (about a month), drain the fuel. At the same time, at the end of work, the device is given the opportunity to idle and stall.
Rules for preparing equipment for winter:
- A visual inspection of the mower is carried out, the main parts are removed, cleaned, dried, damaged.
- Fuel drains.
- The air filter is cleaned.
- Oil is poured into the gearbox.
- All moving parts of the engine are cleaned and lubricated.
- The motor is wrapped in oiled cloth.
Lawn mower petrol MTD Smart 51 BO
- Before starting work, the work area is checked for foreign objects: stones, branches.
- Outsiders must not be present at a distance of at least 5 m from the mower.
- Work is carried out in special glasses.
- A visual inspection of the lawn mower for damage, loose parts. Malfunctions are eliminated.
- You can mow grass, not higher than 20 cm, no more than a third part at a time.
- When working on slopes, you should move along the slope, and not up and down.
- Before changing the bevel height, the engine stops.
- If foreign elements get into the knife of the mower, the work stops, the knife is cleaned.
Gas mowers have earned the respect of users for their power and quality. In order to prolong the durability and performance of the unit, you need to study all the intricacies of the care and maintenance of the lawn mower, comply with safety rules, adhere to the operating instructions for this equipment.