Angle Grinder 900 Watts Resanta Video Review
10 best stabilizers for gas boilers
A stabilizer for boiler equipment is necessary to protect pumps and automation units from power surges and to clean from frequency distortions. It is used in gardening, rural houses, where there is instability of the electric network. The device protects against damage the exact equipment responsible for the operation of the heating system. Indices of choice: power of the pump or control unit taking into account inrush currents, error value, overall dimensions.
Powerman AVS 500 S. Affordable Price
The single-phase stabilizer for work with the boiler gas equipment with a power up to 200
300 watts. It has small dimensions and weight. It is made in the wall version. Equipped with a Euro outlet. Stabilizes the input parameters of the electric current.
Built-in filters cut off extraneous frequency noise, remove interference. Visual control is carried out by a liquid crystal display. The current state of the structure is reflected in the indicator lights.
- Compact, light weight, performs its functions.
Protection against peak loads and short circuit.
Inexpensive, easy to install and connect.
- Socket bottom, slightly uncomfortable.
For some reason, there is no second indicator.
Lenz TECHNIC R500W. Precision and price
Automated device for stabilizing the input voltage. It is used in private homes, medical facilities, office and administrative buildings. Built-in protection mechanisms from overheating and overload during intensive work.
The stabilizer has a low error and high accuracy of the output parameters. It is planned to connect two consumers with a total power not exceeding 500 watts. Levels a wide voltage range, has a 100% power factor.
- Compactness, accuracy, small level of error.
Bright color LCD screen. Simple connection.
I have two consumers, a gas boiler and a circulation pump.
- Triggered in 0.02 seconds, there are better indicators.
Rucelf KOTEL-600. Use in cottages
The design is specially designed to work in tandem with heating equipment in the conditions of unstable indicators of the power supply network. It is used in rural areas, places with constant voltage fluctuations.
Designed to work with gas boilers, control units for heating equipment, circulation pumps, household and electronic appliances. It has a wide input voltage range. Does not distort the sine wave.
- Precise work, perfectly interacts with a gas boiler.
Quick installation and connection, affordable price.
Quiet, rugged case.
- Cons are not noted by consumers.
Daewoo DW-TM1kVA. Quality and power
Single-phase voltage stabilization device wall-mounted. It features high build quality, stable output indicators. The response time does not exceed 20 milliseconds. The total power allows you to connect two consumers, taking into account the magnitude of the starting currents.
Reliability of control is provided by an electronic unit based on microprocessors. The stabilizer has a low level of intrinsic noise. Protection against short circuit, overload and overheating is provided.
- High-quality assembly, nice design, powerful.
Filters, short circuit protection. It does not make noise at all when voltage does not float.
Bright and large display, easy wall mounting, connecting two consumers.
- A terribly short cord, but you can’t hang it close to the boiler. Heating is possible.
Beautiful and poorly informative instructions.
Rucelf BOILER-1200. Protection of boiler units
Single-phase stabilizer for reliable supply of boiler heating equipment with stabilized voltage. It is implemented in a wall-mounted version, which saves space and makes more efficient use of the room area.
Levels voltage drops, eliminates impulse noise. It works in a wide input range. It features high motor resources, internal components are enclosed in a strong and rigid steel case.
- Successfully performs the basic functions, works in a basement.
Powerful. The boiler and the circulation boiler are connected.
Rugged, stiff housing, small in size, wall mounted.
- There is no input fuse.
Energy VOLTRON. 1 000 5% E0101-0154. Power and accuracy
The stabilizer of wall execution. Levels input distortions of the network electricity. It is characterized by high accuracy and low error coefficient.
It works in conjunction with computer and household appliances, heating equipment, control units from the Smart Home series.
It is used in private homes, medical facilities and laboratories, office premises. Reaction time less than 10 milliseconds. Works outdoors in any weather.
- High-quality assembly, beautiful design, accuracy.
Powerful device, good output parameters, small error.
Small size, LED display.
- Only one outlet.
Teplocom ST-555 Bastion. Super Compact Design
Small-sized device for voltage stabilization. Levels differences of input parameters of the power supply network. The model is specially designed to protect the heating system and individual components, including gas boilers. It has a remote outlet on a flexible cable.
The stabilizer is designed for operation in a basement with high humidity. Lightning protection is provided.
- Super small size, easy to install, lightweight.
Fully fulfills its duties, quite accurate.
Bright LED indication, replaces a night lamp at night.
- Loud, very good clicks when it works.
The output voltage floats, there is instability in operation.
Energy ARS-1500 E0101-0109. Optimal for gas boilers
Single-phase stabilizer with high efficiency, up to 98%. Differs in a small error, no more than 4%. The model is specially designed for operation with various heating equipment based on solid, liquid or gaseous fuels.
It has sufficient power to work with the control unit and protect against surges in the circulation pump. The value of the starting currents is taken into account. The response time does not exceed 10 milliseconds.
- Power combined with good accuracy.
Optimum for a gas boiler, connected with a pump.
Vertical design, attached to the wall.
- Weight, on plasterboard walls is difficult to mount.
Stihl R 600T. Protection in rural houses
A reliable device for working with high-precision electronic equipment, including microprocessor control units of heating boilers. It has a low error, a wide input voltage range.
An optimized control algorithm allows you to turn off consumers during sharp peak loads. There is a mechanism for automatic inclusion when lowering extreme values. Built-in two sockets of the European standard for connecting protected equipment.
- Stability of work, optimum error.
Small dimensions, wall mount kit.
Large scale input voltage.
- Sometimes lighting blinks, but it does not affect the operation of the boiler.
Stihl R 800T. High Reliability
Wall-mounted single-phase AC voltage stabilizer. Designed to work with heating equipment and heating boilers. It has built-in frequency filters to correct input distortion.
Equipped with LED indication, two Euro sockets for connecting with consumers are built-in. An electronic protection system and a special algorithm for working in normal mode and peak loads were applied.
- High-quality assembly, nothing more, good power.
Design, informative indication.
Unpretentious, reliable, stable output parameters.
- Not enough display.
Perhaps a high price.
Friends will be interested too
Would you like to receive current ratings and selection tips? Subscribe to our Telegram.
If you notice an error, select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter
Choosing a voltage stabilizer for a gas heating boiler
When installing the heating system, a voltage stabilizer for the gas boiler (CH) must be installed. It prevents damage to the electronic board in case of unexpected problems in the mains. To correctly select this device, you need to understand not only the characteristics, but also the principles of operation. Do you agree?
You will learn all about the varieties of stabilizers, their design and action by reading our article. We pointed out the guidelines necessary for the right choice, listed the leading manufacturers in the segment. Based on our advice, you correctly equip the gas boiler with the device you need to operate.
The relevance of the voltage parameters on the boilers
Even an inexpensive gas boiler has 15-25 sensors, information about which is processed around the clock by an integrated electronic board. Both the heating of the house and the safety of the residents in the event of the failure of individual elements of the equipment depend on its work.
The cost of a new original electronic board for is approximately 40-50% of its cost, so the safety of this element should be monitored with special attention. For normal operation of the gas equipment board, service centers strongly recommend the use of a voltage stabilizer.
Suspended voltage stabilizers are not recommended to be hung under the boiler, because water during flooding of pipelines can flood electrical equipment
Without a stabilizer, there will be no free warranty service. This is especially true for country houses, where the voltage can drop in the evenings to 170-180 V or briefly exceed 250 V when the wires are broken.
In addition to the electronic board, a water pump can also burn out due to changes in the parameters of the power supply network, the replacement of which will also cost a lot. Therefore, it is better to purchase CH right away when buying a gas boiler in order to avoid future problems.
The principle of operation of stabilizers
The basic internal structure of the voltage regulator is similar for all its types.
Such components are usually hidden under the body:
- An autotransformer with several windings, responsible for matching the output voltage to the specified parameters.
- A control device that detects changes in input voltage.
- Circuit breakers. They turn off the stabilizer when the power parameters go beyond the operating range.
- Control automation, which changes the current path along the transformer windings, depending on the difference between the input and output voltages.
Additionally, the CH can be equipped with rechargeable batteries, allowing power to the connected devices after the disappearance of voltage in the network.
On relay stabilizers with a step of 10%, the voltage fluctuates around 220 V, deviating by 10-15 V, then to a smaller, then to a larger side from the target level
The principle of operation of the stabilizer is simple. If the input voltage deviates from the norm, the automatics changes the current path along the transformer windings so that the output is unchanged 220 V. Technically, the stabilization effect is achieved in several ways, depending on the type of device.
Types of household models
Not all types of CH are recommended for domestic gas boilers. Some categories of these devices are intended for industrial purposes and their use at home is impractical.
Servo or electromechanical
The principle of operation of voltage stabilizers for servo-type heating boilers is to move the current collector along the transformer windings using an electric drive. The movement is controlled by automation.
It is undesirable to install electromechanical voltage stabilizers near boilers with an open gas chamber, because a spark inside the device can lead to an explosion if there is a gas leak
The voltage regulation of the stabilizer is achieved by changing the number of turns of the secondary winding of the autotransformer, which are involved in power transmission. This principle allows the device to increase or decrease the output voltage of the network, depending on its input value.
Advantages of servo drive CH:
- Resistance to overloads.
- The accuracy and smoothness of the output voltage settings is 3-5%.
- Long service life with regular service.
Cons of electromechanical devices:
- Sensitivity to negative temperatures at which the operation of the device is impaired.
- With active use, the collector brush requires replacement every 3-4 years.
- Low rate of voltage change. 10-40 V / sec.
- Servo noise.
- The occurrence of sparks during the movement of the current collector, which eliminates the installation of SN in rooms with a high probability of gas leakage.
The cost of servo drives is 3 times more expensive than relay and 2 times cheaper than thyristor ones. It is not recommended to include such SNs in one branch with a refrigerator, because constant voltage drops when the compressor is turned on will quickly lead to the erasure of the collector brush.
Thyristor or Triac
Ch with thyristors are most preferred for gas boilers. The principle of their action is the formation of many electrical taps from the secondary winding of the transformer.
Thyristor voltage regulators can heat up under loads, so they must be installed so as not to block the ventilation openings
The circuitry of electronic CHs is somewhat similar to servo-driven models. Only here, for controlling the number of turns on the secondary winding, it is not the electric drive with the current collector that is responsible, but the individual outputs, the inclusion of which is controlled using thyristor devices and a processor.
When the voltage is reduced, the outputs of some thyristors are turned off and the outputs of others are turned on, which provide coverage of a larger number of turns of the winding.
The number of electrical taps from the transformer directly affects the smoothness and accuracy of voltage regulation. Their number can reach 20-25 pieces. Sometimes two-level stabilizers are used, providing even greater accuracy of the output voltage.
The thyristor switching is controlled by a processor, which continuously analyzes the input and output voltage indicators. And if one chain link breaks, it will be replaced by a subsequent
The described principle of thyristor SN operation leads to a number of advantages of such equipment:
- Service life 10-15 years.
- High response speed. 10-20 ms.
- The accuracy of setting the output voltage is from 1-3%.
- Operational resistance to frequent voltage changes.
- Ability to work at subzero temperatures.
- Resistance to electrical noise.
- Noiselessness due to lack of moving parts.
- Safety of the boiler board even with windings in the transformer.
- Smooth sine wave when switching.
The disadvantages of thyristor SN:
- High price. The cost of stabilizers on thyristors is 2-3 times higher than servo-drives, and 6-8 times higher than relay ones.
- The possibility of burnout of an expensive control board or the failure of one of the thyristors during overloads.
- The need for active cooling at high loads.
Most thyristor SNs have a power of 5 kW and are designed to regulate the voltage in the whole house or apartment. But about 10% of the models have a working power of up to 1.5 kW, which is enough to connect almost any household heating boiler.
Electronic or relay
Relay type CHs are the cheapest voltage control devices. Their working “core” are from 4 to 20 inductors with different windings.
Depending on the existing voltage difference between the input and output of the device, the automation connects certain elements. As a result, a coarse stepwise adjustment of the output parameters of the mains takes place.
Internal device relay SN. Budget models of relay voltage stabilizers have only 4 control relays. In case of breakdown, these elements are easily replaced with new ones.
Switching between coils is controlled by relays, which emit characteristic clicks.
The advantages of relay SNs are:
- Compact and light weight.
- Low price.
- Response rate within 0.1 sec.
- Operational resilience to frequent operations.
Disadvantages of relay devices:
- Flashing light when switching coils.
- Lack of synchronization of a sine wave.
- Loud clicking when the relay is triggered.
- Low accuracy for most models is 5-8%.
Double conversion stabilizers
This type of HF is a symbiosis with an uninterruptible power supply. The scheme of its work consists in a two-stage conversion of incoming electricity.
Double converters of electric power stabilizers have a large weight and dimensions due to the lead-acid battery included in the kit
First, the aligned direct current with a reduced voltage is supplied to the battery. Then the electricity is removed from the terminals of the same battery, the voltage increases to 220V, the current is inverted to alternating, and the converted energy is supplied to the outputs of the stabilizer.
Such a scheme, even with a minimum battery capacity, provides complete autonomy of the output voltage parameters.
The benefits of double conversion CH are:
- Independence of the output voltage parameters from the internal house network.
- Complete protection of the boiler from power surges, short circuits.
- Lack of switching elements and delays.
- Always the right sine wave.
- The term of work is more than 10 years.
- The possibility of autonomous operation of a gas boiler without external electricity.
Disadvantages of voltage converters with double conversion:
- High price. The price of appliances with a power of 1 kW starts at 200.
- Low efficiency (90%) due to the operation of the cooling fan.
Double power conversion stabilizers are great for equipment in a fully equipped environment. But their price can reach half the cost of the heating system. Therefore, the final choice of a voltage stabilizer for a gas boiler often depends on the amount of money allocated for this.
Selection Criteria for Purchasing an Instrument
Not every boiler can be connected to a cheap voltage regulator. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the parameters of the connected equipment, because sometimes it may not even turn on due to the operation of the built-in protective fuses.
All important technical parameters of the stabilizer will be discussed later.
Maximum load power
The instructions to the CH usually indicate the equipment performance in Volt-Amps (VA). Consumers often confuse this indicator with watts. The indicator on a device of 500 VA does not mean that this stabilizer can normally provide operation of equipment with a power of 0.5 kW.
Expensive heating pumps often have an electronic circuit that reduces inrush currents. However, it is problematic to determine the presence of such a function in the equipment built into the boiler
Domestic boilers in apartments usually consume up to 150 watts in operating mode.
But at the moment of their inclusion, two processes start, sharply increasing the current:
- Charging capacitors of the electronic board;
- Starting the electric motor of the heating pump.
As a result of these two phenomena, the load on the stabilizer during the first 0.1-0.4 seconds increases 3-5 times to 450-750VA. The resulting inrush currents can be perceived by the SN as a short circuit, as a result of which the device will be disconnected due to the tripped protection.
Inexpensive CHs usually do not have adjusting devices. Their automation was originally programmed to stabilize voltage at 220V
The best option for CH will be a model whose full power in VA will be 5 times higher than the working needs of the boiler.
If this recommendation is not followed, the situation can develop in two ways:
- The boiler will not turn on and you will have to exchange the stabilizer for a more powerful one.
- Ch will regularly work in overload mode, which will lead to its early breakdown.
Therefore, you should buy for the heating system with a power reserve of 3-5 times. Given the power consumption of most boilers, this will not be a costly investment, but it will save you from many problems.
Voltage stabilization speed
In stabilizers, voltage equalization does not occur immediately. The main thing is that the delay time does not negatively affect the operation of the boiler, because a short-term pulse with a value of 260-270V can already lead to burnout of the electronics.
When installing a new gas boiler, it is best to buy a thyristor voltage regulator, which will provide maximum protection and fine tuning of the output parameters
Servo-driven CHs have the lowest speed (10-40V / s), so they will not be able to guarantee the electronic board from critical voltage drops.
Relay stabilizers are faster and equalize voltage in 0.1-0.2 seconds. This time is enough to protect the boiler from problems.
Thyristor SNs provide a voltage correction speed of 10-20 ms. Electronics will not even notice such an interruption. That is exactly what stabilizers are best.
Working voltage range
Most budget stabilizers even have a working range from 140-160 to 250-260 volts. If the voltage in the network is even lower, then this is already an occasion to contact the organization that services the electricity network. If the input parameters deviate from the specified ranges, protection is triggered, and the MV simply turns off.
Important specifications are usually indicated on the rear panel of the CH, including the operating voltage range. When you go beyond its scope, the device turns off
In the evening, the voltage can drop in the private sector to 170-180 V, so it is not recommended to buy stabilizers for country houses with operating parameters below those indicated.
Servo stabilizers very poorly tolerate subzero temperatures. This is due to icing of the transformer windings, along which the current collector moves. As a result, strong currents can occur during loading, which can melt the copper wire and cause a short circuit.
Negative temperatures negatively affect the operation of voltage stabilizers due to the regular subsidence of water condensate on metal internal elements
When installing CH in frost, it is necessary to find out in the instructions the temperature range at which the equipment can be operated. Some stabilizers even have an insulated or waterproof housing.
Other non-critical parameters
When buying a voltage stabilizer, it is advisable to take into account other, non-critical characteristics of the equipment:
- Voltage stabilization accuracy:
- The ability to mount CH on the wall;
- The presence of grounding;
- Number of built-in protection systems.
Even the worst accuracy of voltage stabilization of 10% will not interfere with the stable operation of the gas boiler. In addition, its electronic circuit boards have their own low-power SN.
For the rest of the equipment, indicators of 200 or 240 V are enough for stable operation. But the optimal value is still 220 V with minimal deviations.
Grounding must be done on the metal housings of the stabilizers. This will protect the equipment and protect people from electric shock in the event of breakdowns.
The device can always be mounted on the wall by constructing a small shelf, but specialized mounts are better. Therefore, if it is necessary to wall-mount the SN, it is better to purchase appropriate models for this.
In addition to protection against voltage surges, the connected equipment must be protected from the dangers of the stabilizer itself.
Therefore, CH must have protective mechanisms against such factors:
- Deviation of the output voltage beyond the permissible values;
- Short circuit.
The more protections provided by the design, the less likely it is to damage connected equipment. The last feature worthy of attention is the price of the device, but this parameter depends on many factors.
Voltage Regulator Manufacturers
Only a few manufacturers produce voltage stabilizers of all types at once. Most companies focus on manufacturing products for a specific niche. In recent years, domestic manufacturers have launched the production of their own HF no worse than their foreign counterparts.
It is advisable that the voltage stabilizers not only have an overload indicator light, but also notify users about it with a sound signal
So, the best manufacturers of household relay SNs are:
Good electromechanical devices produce:
The following companies are engaged in the production of thyristor stabilizers:
The best models for gas boilers
The choice of a stabilizer for a heating boiler is largely determined by the parameters of the local power grid and the power of the connected equipment. But you can make a “portrait” of decent CH for heating systems of apartments and small houses.
It looks like this:
- Full power minimum 1000VA.
- Built-in protection against overheating, accidental short circuit, overload.
- Correct sine wave output.
- The lower operating voltage threshold is higher than the standard value in the local power supply.
- Autostart with a delay after the protection.
- The presence of the ground terminal.
- The voltage adjustment speed is not more than 20 ms, and the adjustment accuracy is 2-3%.
- Ability to work in frost and wall mount.
A low cost item would also be desirable, but with the above parameters this is not possible.
Thyristor stabilizers can be taken with a power reserve and additionally connected to them low-power electronic gadgets for regular charging
Next, the most popular CH models will be presented in three categories: relay, servo, and thyristor. When compiling the list, the considered ideal “portrait” of the stabilizer will be taken into account.
The best relay SN:
- Logicpower LPT-1000RV;
- Luxeon LDR-1000;
- Powercom TCA-1200;
- Sven Neo R1000;
- Bastion Teplocom ST1300.
The best servo stabilizers:
- Resanta ACh2000 / 1-EM;
- Luxeon LDS1500 Servo;
- Rucelf SDW-1000;
- Energy CHBT-1000/1;
- Elitech ACH 1500E.
The best thyristor devices:
Angle Grinder 900 Watts Resanta Review
- Stihl R 1200SPT;
- Luxeon EDR-2000;
- Progress 1000T;
- Lider PS 1200W-30;
- Awattom SNOPT-1.0.
The above models are designed for trouble-free operation of boilers with a maximum power consumption of 200 watts.
They are far from ideal, but they are the best in their class. This CH is reliable, and in the event of a breakdown, their manufacturers provide warranty service.
Conclusions and useful on the topic
The presenteds will help determine the choice of a good CH for a gas boiler.
# 1. Choosing a voltage stabilizer for boiler equipment. Useful tips:
# 2. Work and the internal structure of the stabilizer:
# 3. Testing five different voltage stabilizers:
For buyers of voltage stabilizers, the main selection criterion remains the cost of the device. But for one price, you can buy both SN, which is generally not suitable for a gas boiler, and a device that will reliably protect connected equipment for years.
In order not to regret the money spent, when buying a stabilizer, it is imperative to take into account all the above parameters of the equipment.
Please write comments in the block form below. Tell us about how to choose a stabilizer for your own gas boiler. Share useful information that will be useful to site visitors, ask questions, post photos on the topic of the article.
6 best voltage stabilizers for a gas boiler. Rating 2019
The best wall voltage regulators for a gas boiler
Wall type voltage stabilizers are available with relay and electronic stabilization method. It is rarely possible to find a mechanical design, due to the increased dimensions of the internal parts, poorly suitable for a compact case with placement on the wall.
Such equipment is capable of ensuring the subsequent operation of the gas boiler with an input voltage of 140-270 V, but each specific model has its own indicator, which is important to consider when choosing. At the output, the stabilizers are able to constantly maintain 202-238 V. Their stabilization rate directly depends on the type of stabilizer and varies from 20 to 100 V / s.
Resanta LUX ASN-500N / 1-Ts
A small relay-type stabilizer that can cope with an input voltage of 140-260 V. The response time is 7 ms. It produces a sinusoid without distortion. The indication is digital and is clearly visible in the dark.
Pros of RESANT LUX ASN-500N / 1-Ts
- A very small case 260x110x200 mm is easy to place in an inconspicuous place.
- Absolutely silent operation in standby mode or small adjustments (not counting the moment of a voltage surge when it is triggered).
- Soundly assembled case, without cracks and creaks.
- Intuitive controls.
- When checking with a voltmeter, it shows 200-240 V, which indicates a small error.
- Abundant perforation on the body for free cooling.
- Operation at a temperature of 0-45 degrees is allowed. It is possible to leave in an unheated house until late autumn.
- The presence of one outlet allows you to connect only a boiler to it. You can use a tee, but this is not always convenient.
- If it blocks the power surge, it clicks loudly, so you can’t broadcast it near the bedroom.
- Low power reserve.
- The stabilization speed of 35 bps is not very high.
- To see the input and output voltage indicators, you need to press the button on the case. Without this, only one of the parameters is displayed.
Conclusion. This voltage regulator is suitable for a small house with a gas boiler of low power. The active power indicator of 500 W will ensure its uninterrupted operation.
Model with relay type of stabilization. Input voltage range is 150-250 V. Adjustment error of not more than 8%. The device is equipped with a digital display and surge protection.
Pros of RUCELF BOILER-600
- The steel case lasts much longer and is not afraid of accidental impacts.
- Fast response time of 10 ms protects heating equipment.
- Very compact. Can be placed on any wall without attracting much attention to it.
- If it overheats itself, it turns off, but this rarely happens.
- Quiet operation with small voltage drops.
- In standby mode, it consumes 2 watts, so its use does not affect electricity bills.
- The price is more affordable than Chinese counterparts.
- Only one value is displayed on the screen. Either the incoming voltage or the outgoing voltage.
- The presence of one outlet will no longer allow you to connect a heating pump and boiler directly to it at the same time. You will need to insert a tee, a cluttering case.
- There is an error of 8%, therefore, for equipment, which is fundamentally the presence of 220 V, voltage may not be enough.
- Only the 4th stabilization stage (windings), therefore, the accuracy of the indicators during jumps is relative.
Conclusion. This voltage stabilizer has a housing dimension of 135x203x93 mm, which does not require much space on the wall. The model is specifically designed to stabilize the voltage of gas boilers.
Resanta LUX ASN-1000N / 1-Ts
Relay stabilizer with a power of 1000 watts. Able to ensure the operation of subsequent equipment in the circuit at an input voltage of 140-260 V. It is characterized by a stabilization rate of 35 V / s. The wall unit immediately displays the incoming and outgoing voltage on the screen.
Pros of RESANT LUX ASN-1000N / 1-Ts
- Stable work at any time of the day and when neighbors use a different tool.
- Instant protection operation in case of a strong voltage surge (above 260 V).
- It is protected from a thunderstorm and operation can continue despite sparkling lightning.
- There is no rumble inherent in such a technique.
- Dimensions 206x230x133 mm are easy to place in the hallway or boiler room.
- The digital display immediately shows all the parameters of interest. The size of the digits is large, and the image is clear.
- Detailed instructions included.
- When working, it smells of plastic for a long time, so you need to often ventilate.
- A weight of 4 kg requires reliable fastening, and a wall made of drywall is no longer suitable for it.
- The plastic case is flimsy.
- If there is little air around for ventilation, the appliance will overheat.
Conclusion. This voltage stabilizer is suitable for arranging heating in a house where a gas boiler and a separate circulation pump are used. The stabilizer has 2 sockets for simultaneously connecting these devices and a power reserve of 1000 VA to cover their energy consumption needs.
One of the best stabilizers of domestic production with a power of 1200 watts. Stably produces 202-238 V, with incoming 150-250 V. A maximum voltage of 130 V or 265 V. Is allowed.
Pros of RUCELF BOILER-1200
- It is equipped with many types of protection (from thunderstorms, overheating, short circuits).
- Response to a jump of 10 m / s.
- High efficiency of 97%.
- Light weight 3 kg allows you to mount the stabilizer on any wall.
- It can be operated at a temperature of 0-45 degrees.
- A neat look will not spoil the interior of the room.
- The metal case is durable and durable.
- There is no fuse inside.
- The red light of the digital display is very bright and can interfere when placed on the wall, which is often looked at (for example, in the kitchen near the TV).
- It shows only the number of volts at the output. To find out the current input voltage, a button is pressed at the bottom of the case.
- A single outlet needs a tee to connect other equipment.
- The controls are from the bottom, which is not very convenient. You need to bend down to accurately hit the plug in the socket or feel for the buttons.
Conclusion. If you need to protect a productive powerful boiler, and at the same time there is no separate boiler room where you could place a stabilizer, then this model is the best. The power reserve of the device is 1200 W, and the response speed reaches 100 V / s.
The best floor voltage regulators for a gas boiler
Floor placement expands the possibilities for manufacturers to equip stabilizers, because there is no need for a compact body or low weight. Often in this category you can find very powerful models up to 2000 watts, but they are also quite compact at 500-600 watts.
Floor stabilizers can be installed under the table, on the table, or on a special shelf. Often they are placed in a niche or bedside table. This eliminates the need for owners to drill walls and lay wires with cable channels. The efficiency of such models varies from 85 to 97%. Interaction with the input voltage range can be from 140 to 270 V.
Compact model with extendable rubber carrying handle. It belongs to the relay type and has a power of 500 V. The response speed is 35 V / s. It works with a voltage range of 140-260 V.
- The digital display shows the displayed values from afar.
- The steel case is durable and will protect key parts in the event of a fall or impact.
- Silent work allows use near the entrance to the bedroom.
- Easy installation and connection.
- It works for a long time without breakdowns.
- Efficiency 97%.
- Rubber feet provide a stable position even on a vibrating slippery surface.
- The response time is 7 ms.
- At first it emits an unpleasant odor during operation.
- The design is very simple, almost “Soviet”.
- If there is no space on the floor or other surface, you will have to make a shelf.
- A short power cord that most users had to lengthen.
- Only one outlet.
This voltage regulator will be the best for a small boiler room in a private house, where it can be installed in the immediate vicinity of the boiler. Dimensions of 110x133x134 mm and weight 2.5 kg do not make it any harder. The owners do not have to drill and screw anything. Two-row perforation on the housing promotes active free cooling.
Daewoo Power Products DW-TZM1kVA
The stabilizer is available in two colors of the front panel: orange and black. The body is made of metal and equipped with a handle for transportation. The display immediately shows two voltage values: input and output.
Pros of Daewoo Power Products DW-TZM1kVA
- Many functions of self-defense.
- Informative digital display.
- One of the largest input voltage ranges.
- Light weight 3 kg does not complicate transportation.
- High-quality assembly of the case, with an accurate fit of all parts, will protect internal components from dust.
- Not very small dimensions 306x363x433 mm, requiring enough space to accommodate.
- The minimum operating temperature is allowed from 5 degrees, therefore, if installed in a boiler room, it should be sufficiently insulated.
- Response time 20 ms.
- There is an error of 8%, which is important to consider when selecting a specific boiler.
- Loud clicks at work.
Conclusion. This stabilizer model is best for installation in a boiler room next to a powerful boiler. Suitable for areas where power surges are often observed. The maximum upper limit for conversion is 270 V. Two rows of perforations for ventilation will protect it from overheating, and the metal case will not damage the internal components.
You will be interested
Updated: March 31, 2019
Which voltage stabilizer to choose for a gas boiler for 220 V
Most modern heating boilers have an electronic control system that monitors compliance with specified parameters and ensures operational safety. With a few exceptions, all domestic heating boilers are designed to be powered by a standard 230V 50Hz power supply. Unstable operation of the power supply network and power surges can be dangerous for the electronic “stuffing” of the device. To ensure reliable long-term operation of the boiler and protect it from possible problems with power supply, a voltage stabilizer is installed. In this article, we will discuss the issue of choosing the right stabilizer for your heating unit.
Do I need a stabilizer for the boiler?
You can often hear the opinion that having a voltage stabilizer is not that important. “My boiler has been working fine without a stabilizer for ten years,” “it normally suffers from any changes,” some owners say, implying that buying this appliance is a waste of money.
Indeed, modern devices cope with small voltage drops. Over, according to the interstate standard GOST 29322-2014, the mains voltage is not constant and should be 230 V plus or minus 10%. Accordingly, a standard voltage range of 207-253 V.
However, in real life, everything does not always happen according to standards, and sudden jumps in the supply network are not yet fantastic. In addition, many different factors, from weather conditions to human intervention, can become the cause of possible problems. Therefore, the installation of a stabilizer still seems to be a justifiable solution and its purchase in most cases is less costly than repairing a heating boiler in an accident. In addition, many sellers define the established CH as a necessary condition for the warranty.
What types of stabilizers are suitable for boilers
Manufacturers produce many stabilizers of various models. Devices on the market can be divided into four types:
- Electromechanical (servo-driven)
- Electronic (thyristor)
Each type has its own characteristics, pluses and minuses that need to be considered when selecting. Here is a brief overview of the equipment for each type.
The principle of operation is based on the circular windings of the transformer, along which carbon brushes driven by a servo drive move.
Pros: low cost, wide input voltage range, accuracy and smoothness of regulation, the ability to tolerate overloads, the ability to work at low temperatures and high humidity, a reliable system of protection against overvoltage and overheating, long service life.
Minuses: low speed of adjustment (response), increased noise level, increased weight and dimensions in comparison with other types of devices.
Important! It is strictly forbidden to install electromechanical stabilizers in rooms with gas equipment! This limitation is due to the fact that sparking is possible during the operation of CH of this type. If a gas leaks, it can cause an explosion.
Such stabilizers can be installed for heating boilers, but it is not recommended to use them if frequent noticeable power surges occur. Also, for safety reasons, a separate installation location is required.
Widespread modern type of stabilizers. Here, the current passed through the transformer winding is regulated by special relays, and not mechanically. Some resources provide information that relay SNs are not suitable for heating boilers because of their low speed. Indeed, the response speed of previously manufactured stabilizers of this type was low, but modern models lack this drawback.
Pros: affordable cost, wide range and high speed regulation, reliable protection system, compact size and light weight.
Minuses: step regulation, lack of power reserve, average noise level, short service life.
In terms of price / quality ratio, relay stabilizers are the best choice and are widely used with heating boilers.
Electronic stabilizers regulate the current also passing current through the transformer with the help of electronic keys, which allows for compact dimensions of the device and its high efficiency.
Pros: wide range and high regulation speed, low noise, compact dimensions, long service life.
Minuses: high cost, step regulation, lack of power reserve.
Electronic stabilizers are a more perfect and universal solution for heating boilers. They have a higher cost than relay, therefore, less common.
There is no transformer in the inverter stabilizers, here the alternating input current is first converted to direct, and then the necessary alternating voltage is generated from it.
Pros: wide input range and high accuracy of the output voltage, high speed and smooth regulation, no noise, minimal size and weight, long life.
Minuses: high cost, lack of power reserve.
Stabilizers of this type provide the highest quality regulation, but have the highest price among the listed types.
Information about the different types of voltage stabilizers for the home is written in the following article: what types and types of voltage stabilizers for the home exist?
What characteristics of the stabilizer should be considered when buying
When selecting a voltage stabilizer, it is necessary to evaluate its key characteristics and their impact on the operation of the heating boiler. This will help you choose the model that is most suitable for specific operating conditions.
One of the main parameters for choosing a stabilizer for a heating boiler is power. You can find out how much power the boiler consumes in its passport. It is important not to confuse, for boilers two values are usually indicated: the thermal capacity of the boiler (usually 10 kW) and the required electric power (the average value is 100-200 W or 0.1-0.2 kW).
When the boiler is started, the value can increase for a short time, the found parameter must be taken with a margin. Still we must not forget about the associated equipment, which will possibly serve the stabilizer together with the boiler, it can be, for example, a circulation pump, if it is not built into the boiler itself.
In addition, if the input current drops, then the stabilizer’s ability to increase it also decreases, and it is also necessary to take into account the voltage drop. For example, if in a 170 V outlet, instead of the 230 V set, the efficiency of the stabilizer will decrease to 80% of the rated power, i.E. 500 W stabilizer should be calculated as 400 watts.
Thus, to calculate the required stabilizer power with a margin of inrush current and drawdown at low voltage, we need to multiply the total power of the boiler and related equipment (if any) by a factor of 1.5. If the voltage in the network is very low, it will not be superfluous to increase the coefficient to 1.7.
Example: Boiler capacity is 150 watts, circulation pump 100 watts. Their total power (250 W) is multiplied by a factor of 1.7. We get the minimum stabilizer power of 425 watts.
How much does the input voltage drop?
The stabilizer brings the voltage from the network to the required 230 V. Depending on the magnitude of the voltage drop in the network, stabilizers are produced with a different input voltage range. To find out with what parameters we need a device, we need to make measurements.
For this, a voltmeter (multimeter) will be needed. It is desirable to take measurements at different times of the day to see how the indicators change depending on the load on the network, while capturing the hours of maximum and minimum consumption (morning-day-evening). It is better to record the data so as not to forget. It is advisable to take measurements within a few days. At the end, you can add to the peak values of 10-15 V in each direction, this will provide a small margin.
If you get a value of 180-240 V, then it is with this range that you need a stabilizer. In the private sector, outside the city, the network can have more significant differences, for example, from 140 to 270 V, which must be taken into account when buying.
The output voltage of the stabilizer is usually standard 230 V-10%. To avoid problems due to lack of power, it is better to choose a stabilizer with an accuracy of the output voltage of not more than.5%. This will ensure the parameters set by the manufacturer and will be the key to a long uninterrupted operation.
Voltage stabilization speed
This parameter consists of two characteristics:
- Regulation speed. Measured in volts per second (V / s), shows the ability of the stabilizer to restore the standard voltage at the output with significant deviations of the input;
- Response time. Indicated by milliseconds, shows the response time of the device to voltage changes.
The higher the speed and the shorter the response time, the better the stabilizer protects your equipment. For good models, the control speed is 100 V / s and higher. This indicator allows the stabilizer to restore the required voltage almost instantly. The speed of 15-20 V / s is considered not a very good value, which can lead to short-term malfunction of especially sensitive to voltage boilers.
An excellent response time is considered to be 5 ms or less. 10 ms will be acceptable, and 20 ms will be satisfactory. Larger values already imply some risk.
Important! Inverter stabilizers use double conversion, as mentioned above, so they do not have a response time parameter.
Availability of protection and restart function
Almost all modern models of stabilizers have a protection system that turns off the device if it is not able to provide normal operation with a significant deviation of the network parameters or, for example, overheats.
The voltage regulator for the boiler must have a restart function. What does this mean? When strong surges or a significant voltage drop occur, the device turns off the output power, which leads to a shutdown of the boiler. The stabilizer monitors the network parameters and when they return to the acceptable range, the power is restored, the boiler starts up and continues to operate normally.
If the restart function is not available, then a manual restart is required to supply power again. If the owners of the house are absent or are away, in winter this can cause inconvenience and even lead to serious problems (defrosting and failure of the heating system and boiler). In very cheap models, there may not be a restart function, which is a fat minus. Pay attention to this when buying a stabilizer.
Existing devices can vary greatly in weight and size, depending on their type. Wall and floor models, digital display options and dial gauges are available. When choosing a stabilizer, do not forget to plan its installation location in advance, imagine how it will look in your interior, whether you want to hide it or vice versa, to place it in a prominent place near the boiler. Do not make a common mistake by placing the stabilizer directly under the boiler, this is prohibited by safety requirements, if water leaks from the boiler, it can fill the electrical appliance.
Popular brands and brands of voltage stabilizers
The market has a wide variety of brands and models produced by both Western manufacturers and domestic companies that have long established production and often offer good options in terms of price / quality ratio. Popular brands on the market are Luxeon, Logic Power, Resanta, Energy, Progress, Ruself, Lider, Sven.
Examples of reliable boiler stabilizer models
Examples of good and reliable models of stabilizers for heating boilers by type.
- Resanta ACh2000 / 1-EM;
- Luxeon LDS1500 Servo;
- Rucelf SDW-1000;
- Energy CHBT-1000/1;
- Elitech ACH 1500E.
- Logicpower LPT-1000RV;
- Luxeon LDR-1000;
- Powercom TCA-1200;
- Sven Neo R1000;
- Bastion Teplocom ST1300.
- Stihl R 1200SPT;
- Luxeon EDR-2000;
- Progress 1000T;
- Lider PS 1200W-30;
- Awattom SNOPT-1.0.
Main types, features and selection criteria of a suitable model
Author: Alexander Starchenko
As source of heat supply in low-rise construction, gas boilers are often used. It is convenient, economical and safe enough. A double-circuit gas boiler in addition to heating functions provides residents of the house with hot water.
Some gas heating systems require an electrical connection, which is necessary for the operation of the control unit, control and automation of the boiler. In addition, most gas boiler models are equipped with a circulation pump with an electric motor. There is a large selection of expensive gas boilers, mainly foreign-made, that are very critical to the quality of the supply voltage, so a voltage stabilizer for a gas boiler is an essential part of heating equipment.
- The need to use a stabilizer
- Types of voltage stabilizers
- Criteria for choosing a stabilizing device for a heating boiler
- Power calculation
- Which stabilizer is suitable for a gas boiler?
The need to use a stabilizer
The gas heating boiler is a high-tech and sophisticated device. The electronic systems of this unit are very sensitive to voltage surges. Statistics show that approximately a third of all malfunctions are associated with voltage surges in the power supply network. Over, for supplying control and automation systems, an alternating voltage of a sinusoidal form is required, which differs from 220V by no more than 5-6%.
Such parameters can only provide a high-quality and reliable stabilizer. Over, if a large-capacity boiler is used in the heating system and there is one or two circulation pumps, the installation of separate stabilizers is desirable for their power supply.
Types of voltage stabilizers
Stabilization or regulation of the mains voltage for powering various radio and electrical devices has been used for a long time. The simplest device of this type is an autotransformer with step or stepless adjustment of the output voltage.
Currently, the following automatic voltage stabilization systems are used:
- Relay stabilizer;
- Servo stabilizer;
- Thyristor stabilizer;
There are modern stabilizers for the home, using the principle of pulse-width modulation, but in gas heating systems they are rarely used.
The principle of operation of the relay device is similar to the operation of an autotransformer. The boost coil connected to the network is divided into sections from which it is possible to remove over or under voltage. The control module constantly scans the mains voltage and, in case of a change in the input voltage, turns on the corresponding relay.
With its contacts, the relay connects any of the sections to the output of the device. Since the relay device operates in discrete mode, the output voltage may differ from 220V up or down by 5-8%.
The device is reliable in operation, does not require maintenance, and has the following parameters:
- Voltage adjustment. Step;
- Installation accuracy. 5-8%;
- The rated input voltage is from 190 to 250 V.
The servo stabilizer is an electromechanical device. The voltage regulating element is a metal or graphite contact moving along the transformer winding. The contact is fixed to the axis of the servomotor.
The control board controls the input voltage and, in case of its change, sends a signal to the electric motor. The motor rotor rotates at a certain angle, thereby changing the voltage at the output of the device.
Thyristor stabilizer is a fully electronic device. The principle of its operation is similar to a relay device, only sections of the transformer winding are switched not by relay contacts, but by semiconductor switches.
The keys, made on thyristors or triacs, provide a margin of up to a billion switches, which makes this stabilizer extremely reliable. The device provides voltage regulation in discrete mode, but has a high response speed.
Inverter type stabilizer
The most advanced stabilizer is an inverter-type device or a double conversion stabilizer. It lacks such a bulky element as an autotransformer. The alternating voltage, passing through the filter, is rectified, while a certain energy is stored in the capacitor. Then the inverse conversion of direct current into alternating current is carried out.
The principle of operation of the inverter stabilizer
Each type of stabilizer has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- The relay device is characterized by low cost and good reliability, but due to the step-by-step switching, the accuracy of setting the output voltage is low;
- The servo-drive stabilizer gives a very accurate voltage value, but has a low response speed and requires constant maintenance due to the rapid wear of the elements, it is not recommended for use with gas equipment, since contacts can spark during wear;
- The thyristor regulator has an instantaneous response speed, but costs much more than a relay stabilizer;
- The device with double conversion produces the ideal voltage, is characterized by high speed, accuracy and silently in operation.
Criteria for choosing a stabilizing device for a heating boiler
To choose the best stabilizer for a gas boiler, you need to know its main characteristics. All devices designed to stabilize the mains voltage, have the following main parameters:
- Response speed;
- Output voltage accuracy;
- Input voltage range.
In addition to these parameters, the potential cost of the device, its reliability, and additional factors, such as noise and heating, may be important for a potential user.
- All stabilizers have built-in protection against overload, short circuit and disconnect the load when the input voltage is significantly exceeded. The power of the stabilizer is determined by the power of the gas boiler, and if the heating system is equipped with a circulation pump, then the power of the pump;
- The response speed determines how quickly the regulator responds to a changed input voltage. In this sense, the device with the servomotor is the slowest, then comes the relay stabilizer. Electronic devices carry out almost instantaneous voltage switching so that the risk of failure of gas equipment in this case is minimal;
- Foreign-made gas boilers, as a rule, are designed for small fluctuations in the supply network. This value is indicated in the passport for the device and may be decisive when choosing a voltage stabilizer;
- The highest accuracy is provided by invertor and servo-drive stabilizers. In relay and thyristor devices, the output voltage levels are switched in steps at certain intervals, which ensures an installation accuracy of about 5-6%. In most cases, such accuracy is sufficient for the normal operation of the control system and automation of the gas boiler;
- An important parameter of any stabilizer is the permissible input voltage range. Depending on the design, stabilizing devices can maintain a constant output voltage only at certain limits of the input voltage;
- Typically, stabilizers operate successfully at input voltages from 140-150 to 240-260 volts. This parameter is indicated in the product passport and may vary slightly. If the mains voltage deviates significantly from the allowable value, the electronic fuse will disconnect the consumer (load) from the electrical circuit. After normalizing the input voltage, the load is automatically connected to the stabilizer;
- At cost, stabilizers of various designs can vary significantly. Powerful thyristor or inverter stabilizers are several times more expensive than relay ones, but this pays off for their high reliability and complete absence of noise during operation;
- For the convenience of users, most models of stabilizers are equipped with LED indicators of operating modes and a display where some digital parameters are displayed.
Choosing a voltage stabilizer for a gas boiler in terms of power is not as simple a task as it might seem. The electric power of the boiler is determined by the power of the control unit and automation and the power of the fan of the smoke extraction system, if installed. Some gas boiler models can be equipped with electric valves.
On average, the electric power of a domestic gas boiler does not exceed 200 W, so a stabilizer with a power of 300-500 W is suitable for powering the electrical circuits of such a device. At the same time, the necessary power reserve is taken into account (20%).
A completely different situation arises when one or more circulation pumps are used in the coolant control system. Each pump is equipped with an electric motor, the starting current of which is many times greater than the working one.
To choose the right power stabilizer should use a simple formula:
(boiler power pump power × 3) × 1.3
- The number “3” implies an inrush current of the electric motor;
- “1.3” is the correction factor.
For example, the power consumed by the gas boiler control circuit is 45 W, the power of the circulation pump is 80 W, then the required stabilizer power will be. (45 80 × 3) × 1.3 = 488 W (500 W).
Which stabilizer is suitable for a gas boiler?
To understand which voltage regulator is best for a gas boiler, you can familiarize yourself with the basic requirements for the device.
A good stabilizer should have:
- 20% power reserve;
- Protection against overvoltage, short circuit and overload;
- The shape of the output voltage is close to sinusoidal;
- Auto restart function;
- Indication of parameters and operating modes.
Experts advise not using servo-driven devices to stabilize the voltage in gas equipment due to possible sparking between the brush and the winding. The most preferred models are relay, thyristor and inverter stabilizers. Despite the high cost, they provide the best parameters of the output voltage and have a long service life.
Where are these stabilizers sold?
There are a large number of different brands and models of voltage stabilizers on the market, but we will focus on one specific brand. It will be a question of a special line of stabilizers of the domestic manufacturer Energia, designed specifically for gas heating boilers. Among these stabilizers under the APC Energy brand, there are devices with different capacities: 500/1000/1500 and 2000 kW.
Due to its high power, the “Energy APC 2000” voltage stabilizer can be used both for connecting the heating system and other equipment in parallel with the boiler. The stabilization accuracy of this device is 4%, and this is a very good indicator, which is recommended specifically for the electronics of gas boilers. The input voltage range of the stabilizer is in the range of 120-276V. This device has as many as 5 degrees of protection, and can be mounted on a wall, and due to its pleasant and minimalistic appearance it fits into any design and merges together with other boiler room equipment.
So, in this article we told you about the main types and criteria for choosing a voltage stabilizer for a gas boiler, and also came to the conclusion that relay, electronic and inverter stabilizers have the best parameters for use with heating equipment. We hope that our article will be useful for you, good luck!
With this read:
Do you like the article? Share it with your friends in social networks!
How to choose with protection against surges 220v
Today, a small wall-mounted heater with a microprocessor control system is able to provide heating for a private house with an area of 200 m2. At the same time, there are at least three objective reasons to reflect on the need to purchase a voltage stabilizer for a gas boiler:
- Failure of imported heating equipment due to poor-quality food entails costs significantly higher than the cost of the stabilizer;
- Increased wear and reduced service life of the boiler and pump is possible for the same reason and with the same result;
- Sudden shutdown of heating will lead to serious inconvenience, at least, and defrosting the system, as a maximum.
Stabilizer for wall mounted gas boiler
What happens to voltage and why do we need a stabilizer for the boiler
Theoretically, it is far from always necessary to worry about the quality of the 220v network. However, when it comes to a gas boiler, this means an individual house in the private sector, which is powered by an overhead power line. It means that:
- The supply voltage, especially in the evening, may be too low due to the inclusion of electric heaters and an overloaded power line.
- A neighbor can include an angle grinder, hammer drill, saw or welding machine. At the same time, blinking bulbs and a fluttering refrigerator will clearly demonstrate the processes of surge power supply.
- Lightning can get into the power line, and then “little will not seem to anyone” from electrical appliances.
- The wind or boom of a truck crane can interrupt the substation’s neutral wire, resulting in phase imbalance. This means that the voltage on your line can turn out to be unacceptably low or too high.
Power lines under ice and snow
If this is impossible in your case, then there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise, let’s discuss what will happen to the boiler:
- Modern electronic household appliances have built-in power supply stabilization systems for microcircuits and are able to work in conditions of large deviations of the supply voltage. However, they will not withstand a prolonged excess of voltage, and high-voltage pulses, if they do not burn the electronics, will lead to a malfunction of the microcontroller program and a boiler stop.
- Electric motors of pumps and valve solenoids, on the contrary, will suffer short power surges, but will not withstand long excessively low or high levels. They will not fail immediately, but they will have to fork out for an early replacement of the pump.
Electronics does not withstand overvoltage
Varieties and technical features of voltage stabilizers
The most effective way to protect against the consequences of poor-quality network power is to install a stabilizer. Perhaps you will come to the conclusion that it is necessary to stabilize the voltage of the entire power supply system at home or a group of appliances. Of course, a gas heating boiler is the most vulnerable unit, and its power will require a relatively low-power and inexpensive stabilizer.
Electronics and mechanisms of a modern gas boiler
The task of the device is to provide acceptable characteristics of the output power output regardless of the ripple voltage at the input of the stabilizer.
In the case when the input voltage goes beyond the technical capabilities of the unit, the boiler power must be turned off before the mains voltage returns to acceptable values.
Note that the stabilizer itself may not have a power interruption function if a separate voltage relay is built into the power supply circuit of the house. By the principle of action, they distinguish triac or thyristor, relay and electromechanical stabilizers.
Servo stabilizer device
The most “ancient” of devices is an electromechanical stabilizer with a servo drive. The basis of the unit is a toroidal autotransformer, along the winding of which a current collector moves, changing the transformation ratio. Such a device has a reasonable price and high accuracy of voltage regulation of the order of.3%.
At the same time, it has a low speed, is noisy, requires maintenance, has a limited service life of mechanics. A spark arises between the current collector and the winding of the autotransformer, which can lead to an explosion due to a gas leak. However, for boilers with an open combustion chamber, this is irrelevant, since gas ignition can also occur from a heater flame.
Relay stabilizer is most popular
Relay stabilizers are widespread, which carry their name from relays switching the transformer windings. Relays can be sealed, and then gas ignition is not possible. Such devices have high speed, simple and reliable.
At the same time, the clicks of the relay switch (they can be from 4 to 10 pieces) are heard well and will violate the comfort in the living room. The accuracy of regulating the output voltage of such an aggregate is /. 8%, which is quite acceptable for household appliances.
Triac electronic stabilizer
Effective are electronic devices in which the role of voltage switching is played by semiconductor triacs or thyristors. The discreteness of regulation of the output voltage in them depends on the number of electronic switches. Stabilizers of this type are not noisy and have high speed, but they are more expensive than previous options.
Comparing the three types of stabilizers, we note that a relay stabilizer is quite suitable for supplying a gas boiler. If a welding machine often works in the network, it is better to use a high-speed triac device. In the case when the mains voltage changes relatively slowly, without sharp surges caused by the welding operation, the electromechanical unit is quite suitable for supplying a gas boiler. Which option is right for you can be evaluated in more detail using the table below.