Chinese Lawn Mower Won’T Start
Chinese lawn mower will not start Due to carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes: there are interruptions in the operation of the engine (the trimmer engine is troit), there is a drop in power and the engine may not start well.
Gas trimmer. Wet candle. The engine is flooded.
Carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes are formed due to improper adjustment of the trimmer carburetor, if there is a lot of oil in the gasoline and when the air filter on the trimmer is dirty. How can you “drown” the engine on the lawn mower, if you are not careful. Just one awkward movement.
Fills the candle of chainsaw | Eliminating the problem
Inspect everything on the trimmer for cracks, bends, abrasions, distortions, breaks (especially metal knives at the base of the teeth and at the holes and both protections). Reliably eliminate all faults identified on the mower. If you do the tightening of the fasteners yourself, then do not overtighten! Filling a chainsaw candle? We eliminate the cause of the malfunction. Vk help group.
Fills a candle on a lawn mower
It starts well on a cold one, but if you work a little and if it drowns out and immediately the plant starts up. The plug is constantly wet and began to throw the fuel mixture into the air filter. To a similar breakdown My second channel, almost every day.
The lawn mower starts and stalls. What to do?
1. There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the mower will not start, in such cases you should check the air inlet valve to the fuel tank. A clogged valve leads to the creation of a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor does not receive enough gasoline, so the lawn mower will start, but then stall. To exclude this reason, you need to clean the valve and try to start the lawn mower with the tank cap not completely twisted.
2. If this does not start the mower, remove and clean the fuel filter and check all carburetor parts, then try starting. The lawn mower will not start again, the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the mower starts up, the reason is in the air filter, replace it.
The lawn mower won’t start after winter
In such cases, the unit must be serviced. Remove the fuel system, including filters (air, fuel), disassemble the carburetor, clean and rinse each unit. Blow out the filters with air. Pay attention to fuel quality and octane number.
It should be borne in mind that products of such well-known companies as STIHL, Husgvarna and other brands will not run on cheap gasoline with a low octane number.
Suitable fuel for them is from the AI brand. 92 and higher from car gas stations and then from well-recommended ones, since there is also bad gasoline at gas stations. The use of high-octane and high-quality gasoline will determine how long the lawn mower will be used and how long it will last.
It is necessary to take into account one more fact that with a long storage of a diluted fuel mixture, its working qualities fall, which also leads to consequences in which the lawn mower does not start. Therefore, it should be diluted in portions, that is, the amount of the mixture that is produced at a time.
The operating instructions clearly describe and explain the mixing ratio of gasoline and oil. Strict adherence to the correct proportions will at least save you from several questions about why the lawn mower won’t start and what to do in such cases.
The lawn mower will not start, the spark is gone
The loss of a spark entails checking the contacts and the correctness of the gap between them, the conducting wires to the candle and the candle itself.
The way to check the spark is to unscrew the candle, connect the wire to it, put the candle sideways to the motor casing and pull the starter several times as if starting the lawn mower, while looking at the coal and the contact of the candle, a spark should run between them.
If there is no spark, take a new candle, follow the same procedure, if the spark cannot be traced, then there is a problem in the wire or contacts, it is better to replace them.
Checking the breather and cleaning it.
The breather is another element, from the improper operation of which the chainsaw may not start or stall during the sawing process. This element is located on the fuel tank cap in the area of the air hole. This is a kind of valve that prevents gasoline from flowing out and equalizes the air pressure required for the free flow of fuel into the carburetor.
If the breather is dirty, the working chainsaw stalls, and when it starts it refuses to start. The thing is that air stops flowing through the hole. As a result, a negative pressure (vacuum) is created inside the fuel tank, preventing the flow of gasoline to the carburetor.
Defining the problem is pretty straightforward. Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and see what happens to the gasoline. If it flows out without hindrance in a good trickle, then everything is in order with the breather. If it is absent or it flows weakly and intermittently, then the reason is identified. The breather is clogged with dirt. You can solve the problem by cleaning the air hole with a regular needle or a powerful jet of compressed air.
Checking the spark on the spark plug and eliminating the cause.
The first step in looking for reasons why your gasoline saw won’t start is to check the spark on the spark plug. There are many factors that affect the performance of this element. However, the main ones at the initial stage of instrument troubleshooting are:
- Incorrect carburetor adjustment;
- The presence of more than it should be, the amount of oil in gasoline;
- Clogged air filter.
All of them contribute to the formation of carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes. In 50 cases out of 100, saws do not start on a cold one due to the absence of a spark due to carbon deposits on the electrodes and their corrosion. As a result, the gap either decreases or increases.
Checking the spark plug with an idle chainsaw
It is quite easy to check for a spark. This will require:
- Remove the tip of the high-voltage wire;
- Unscrew the candle;
- Put the tip back on;
- Lean the candle with a skirt against the cylinder;
- Start with a starter.
If a good spark is observed between the electrodes at the time the chainsaw engine starts, then everything is in order with the ignition unit. If it is not there, then it is worth cleaning the element itself and checking the gap of the electrodes. If necessary, use a special probe to adjust the distance between the contacts.
There may be no spark on the spark plug for other reasons. Of the main faults affecting the poor start of the chainsaw and the unstable operation of the internal combustion engine at idle, from which the tool can stall, the following can be attributed:
- Overflow of the spark plug channel with fuel;
- Lack of contact between the high-voltage cradle and the tip of the candle;
- Failure of the ignition unit.
How to start a cold chainsaw if the candle channel is constantly flooding with gasoline? To eliminate the problem while starting the tool, you can use the following algorithm:
- Unscrew the candle with a special key;
- Wipe it with a clean and dry cloth;
- Dry for 20. 30 minutes;
- Remove carbon deposits with a file and adjust the gap between the electrodes;
- Drain the remaining fuel from the spark plug channel and dry it;
- Collect everything and try to start the mechanism.
If there is no spark with poor contact of the high-voltage cradle with the spark plug tip, check the connection. The check can be done using a conventional tester. If a defect is found and its elimination, the chainsaw should start without any problems.
If the check showed that the contact is reliable, and the saw will not start further, look for the cause in the ignition unit. As a rule, a faulty unit cannot be repaired or restored. It will require a complete replacement.
Finding reasons why your chainsaw won’t start
Amateur and professional chainsaws are complex devices. The service life of their two-stroke engines, components and assemblies has its limitations. For this reason, quite reliable and expensive tools, along with cheap Chinese units, periodically fail and refuse to start. The situation when the chainsaw does not start or stalls is not very pleasant and sometimes confuses the user. How to identify and correct a malfunction by returning the instrument to work.
- Identification and elimination of obvious malfunctions of the chainsaw.
- Checking the spark on the spark plug and eliminating the cause.
- Determine the availability of fuel and its supply.
- Checking the condition of the fuel and air filters.
- Checking the breather and cleaning it.
- Checking the outlet of the chainsaw.
- What if the chainsaw won’t start further?
Complex reasons for lawn mowers failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit. Replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to drop, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found, the piston or cylinder should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. It is best to entrust this procedure to the specialists of the service center.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls when started, then a flooded candle may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary spark plug wrench (probably every motorist has) and a spare candle are suitable.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We expose a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the lawn mower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle may give out, there is simply nothing to ignite in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, you should exclude such a reason as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is of good quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Lawn mowers filter diagnostics
Another reason why the gasoline scythe stalls is the air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repairing the engine piston group.