Petrol Trimmer Starts Poorly For Cold Reasons
Gasoline trimmer won’t start: causes and remedies
- Diagnostic features
- Main reasons
- Breakdown elimination methods
- Recommendations for use
Given the specifics of using gasoline trimmers, their owners often have to deal with certain problems. One common problem is that the lawn mower won’t start or pick up steam. For the fastest and most effective elimination of such a problem, you should have an idea of the main causes of possible malfunctions.
As practice shows, gasoline trimmers stop starting or function normally after winter, that is, long-term seasonal storage. Before further attempts to run the tool, thorough diagnostics should be performed to determine the source of the problem. At the moment, there are several of the most common causes of malfunction.
- Initially, it is necessary to check the quality of the fuel. Saving in such cases can have extremely negative consequences. Experienced lawn mower owners and experts advise preparing a mixture, the volume of which will correspond to the forthcoming work, since its surplus quickly loses its qualities.
- Trimmers of such famous brands as, for example, Husgvarna, Makita, Stihl, are very sensitive to the fuel used. It is about the quality of the fuel and the octane number. Providing suitable operating conditions and extending the service life of equipment will allow refueling with high-quality gasoline.
- At the moment of starting the engine of the lawn mower, it may stall due to the fact that it fills the spark plug. Often in such situations you have to deal with the need to adjust the carburetor. It is worth noting that similar problems arise when the braid stops getting hot.
- Sometimes the tool cannot be started, although the plug is wet, which in turn indicates that the fuel mixture has entered the combustion chamber. As a rule, this is one of the symptoms that there is no spark. The reasons may be the lack of normal contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire, or drying out of the threaded connection in the spark plug channel.
- If there are no problems with the spark, and at the same time the candle itself remains dry, then most often this indicates that gasoline is not being pumped. There may be several reasons for this situation. We are talking, in particular, about the condition of the fuel filter and carburetor.
- The internal combustion engine of the streamer does not start or immediately after starting it stops working, which may be due to clogging of the air filter, which prevents the normal supply of air necessary to enrich the mixture.
In addition to all of the above, trimmer owners have to face more serious troubles. One of these is the wear of the piston group. In such cases, entrust to professionals, which will significantly reduce costs and extend the life of the tool.
Ways to eliminate breakage
It is no secret that the best and most effective repair method is to prevent possible malfunctions. As already noted, one of the key points is how well the gasoline-oil mixture is prepared. Its components must be at least AI-92 gasoline and high-quality engine oil. The proportions for which the mixture is prepared are indicated in the manufacturer’s manual included with any gasoline trimmer. As a rule, oil is added to gasoline using an ordinary medical syringe. In this way, the easiest way is to maintain the appropriate proportions.
Quite often, if problems arise with starting the lawn mowers, the owners of the tool try to carry out repairs with their own hands. With the necessary knowledge and skills, this approach will significantly reduce operating costs. First of all, it is worth checking the fuel system and, in particular, the filter element. If clogging is found, the easiest way is to replace the filter with a new one. If the air filter has become the source of problems, then you can get out of a difficult situation even during operation with little time. You will need to do the following:
- remove the filter element;
- directly in the working conditions, you can wash the filter with the used gasoline;
- when operating a scythe at home or at a summer cottage, water and simple detergents are used for cleaning;
- after washing, the part is thoroughly rinsed and dried;
- a completely dry filter should be lubricated with engine oil;
- excess lubricant is removed by squeezing the filter element with your hands;
- the cleaned part is put in place and the plastic cover is fixed with screws.
If the described actions did not provide a positive result, then the next step will be to adjust the idle speed using the appropriate carburetor screw. Many publications and videos posted on the World Wide Web are devoted to this topic. When trying to solve the problems in question, there are several steps you can take.
- The trimmer is placed on the side so that the “air” is on top. This will allow the fuel mixture to flow to the bottom of the carburetor. Often, attempts to start the internal combustion engine are successful if you first dismantle the mentioned part and literally send a couple of drops of gasoline directly to the carburetor itself.
- If, after all the described actions, the scythe did not work, then attention should be paid to the state of the candle and, in particular, the presence of a spark. In parallel, all fuel is completely removed from the combustion chamber.
- Often, lawn mowers’ owners find themselves in situations when the fuel and air filters are clean, the candles are serviceable, the fuel mixture is fresh and of high quality, but the internal combustion engine does not show signs of life. In such cases, experienced specialists recommend using a universal and proven method of launching many years of practice. It is necessary to move the choke to the closed position and pull the starter handle once. After that, the damper opens and the engine is started 2-3 times. In the vast majority of cases, the result is positive.
Problems can arise with the starter itself. Often the cable breaks and the handle breaks. You can deal with such troubles on your own. In other cases, as a rule, the starter is replaced. It is worth noting that this device can be purchased assembled and installed by hand.
The spark plug can be flooded with fuel during the start of the trimmer ICE. Even with a high-quality mixture and a good spark, starting the device is unlikely to work. The most effective way out is to remove the candle and dry it. In parallel, you can check this spare part for operability, if any faults are detected, replace it. This procedure includes a number of simple steps, namely:
- turn off the device and wait for the power unit to cool completely;
- disconnect the wire;
- remove the candle itself;
- inspect the dismantled part;
- make sure there is a gap (0.6 mm);
- screw in a new, working plug and tighten it.
In practice, many repair work associated with the fact that the scythe has stopped starting up and which sooner or later one has to deal with during the operation of a household lawn mower, it is quite possible to cope independently. But in case of serious malfunctions, it would be most rational to contact a specialized service. However, the key factor in such cases will be the ratio of the cost of repairs to the price of a new trimmer.
From a technical point of view, trimmers can be classified as complex devices. Based on this, it is strongly recommended to carefully study the relevant instructions before using them. However, in practice, many ignore it, often later find themselves in situations where the gasoline trimmer does not start or picks up poorly during operation. It is worth noting that similar problems can be encountered when acquiring new models of equipment.
One of the most common causes of such symptoms is a long seasonal break in the operation of equipment. In addition, poor quality and untimely maintenance can lead to extremely negative consequences. It is important to remember that this is true both for Chinese lawn mowers and for representatives of the lineup of famous brands.
The key to effective and prompt repair will, of course, be a competent diagnostics of the device. In the process of troubleshooting, you will have to inspect and test, first of all, key elements. The list of these includes candles, a tank, filter units and fuel system valves. As practice shows, very often malfunctions of these particular elements become the reason that the lawn mower does not start. The quality and correctness of the preparation of the fuel mixture deserves special attention, especially when it comes to two-stroke engines. With regard to this parameter, the manufacturer’s recommendations should be strictly followed in order to avoid serious damage and expensive repair work. In the case, for example, with a piston group of internal combustion engines, costs can be up to 70 percent of the cost of new technology.
Often, trimmer owners have to deal with situations when the specified mixture is of high quality, the carburetor is in good working order and configured, and the device still does not show signs of life when trying to start the engine. In such cases, you should check the condition of the candle. The following steps will troubleshoot the problem:
- turn out the candle;
- wipe and dry the part (annealing is undesirable);
- remove fuel and dry the spark plug channel for 30–40 minutes; such actions will avoid flooding the candle at the next start-up attempt;
- completely eliminate traces of carbon deposits using a file or sandpaper;
- set the appropriate gap;
- put the candle in place.
If the candle turns out to be working and the seat is completely dry, and the scythe engine does not start, then the threads should be moistened with gasoline. It is worth remembering that regardless of the quality of the spark that is emitted, initially there will be simply nothing to ignite in a completely dry chamber. Faced with the fact that the spark does not come, it is worth paying attention to checking the contact between the high-voltage wiring and the spark plugs. If this connection turns out to be of good quality, then it will be necessary to check the operability of the ignition system control unit. In such cases, it is unlikely that it will be possible to do without the services of a qualified specialist.
The next step in diagnosing a gasoline streamer will be to check the condition of the filters. Often, the lawn mower does not start well or does not start at all on a cold one due to the clogged air filter. This malfunction can be identified by excluding it from the system. If after that the braid starts up, then you will have to clean or change this element. Experienced users are strongly advised to periodically purge the air filter to maximize its useful life.
The described tool may also fail to start due to problems with the supply of gasoline caused by a dirty fuel filter. To quickly and effectively eliminate such a breakdown, you just need to replace the filter element with a new one. It is important to remember that the suction inlet must be equipped with a filter, as provided in all instructions. Failure to comply with these rules and recommendations can lead to expensive piston repairs. In the process of diagnosing and searching for the source of problems with starting the mower, attention should be paid to the breather, which is responsible for stabilizing the pressure equalization in the fuel tank. In addition, the cleanliness of the exhaust duct and the muffler mesh must be checked. As a rule, such problems are most often encountered when troubleshooting old models.
Recommendations for use
The stability of the operation of any lawn mowers and the absence of problems with starting the power unit of such devices directly depend on the conditions in which the tool is used and the quality of maintenance. And we are talking about the following basic rules:
- in the process of work, it is necessary to pay special attention to the cooling system and other elements; it is strongly recommended to timely and efficiently clean the channels located on the scythe body and the ribs of the starter;
- in the process of processing various elements, solvents, gasoline, kerosene and other effective means can be used;
- these works should be carried out after the power unit has completely cooled down;
- it is necessary to fully comply with all the rules specified in the relevant instructions drawn up by the developers of the described tool, which will avoid overloads in a warm engine, which in turn is the most common cause of serious damage;
- all fuel residues in the internal combustion engine should be completely drained before long breaks in the operation of the streamer; it should be borne in mind that the gasoline-oil mixture decomposes rather quickly into the so-called heavy fractions, which inevitably clog the carburetor;
- after removing the fuel, it is required to start the engine and let it run on XX until it stalls itself; in this way, the remaining mixture will be completely removed from the internal combustion engine.
Particular attention should be paid to preparing the instrument for long-term seasonal storage. This should be done to minimize the risk of problems with starting the engine. Competent preparation includes the following manipulations:
- completely disassemble the trimmer;
- thoroughly rinse and clean all elements to which there is access;
- inspect the parts of the lawn mowers in order to identify defects (mechanical damage found in this case should be eliminated);
- pour engine oil into the gearbox;
- carry out high-quality cleaning from clogging of the air filter element;
- having the appropriate knowledge and practical skills, it is possible to perform partial disassembly of the power plant, followed by purging and lubrication of the moving elements;
- wrap the assembled gasoline braid with a pre-oiled rag.
In addition to everything already listed, it is necessary to lubricate the piston group. This algorithm provides for the following simple manipulations:
- remove the candle;
- transfer the piston to top dead center (TDC) with a starter;
- pour a small amount of engine oil into the cylinder;
- crank the crankshaft several times.
Regardless of the cost and brand of equipment, you should clearly follow all the requirements of the relevant instructions and adhere to the recommendations of developers and experienced specialists. Today, detailed information regarding the correct use of such equipment can be easily found on many specialized sites and forums.
It is important to remember that competent operation of lawn mowers and its timely maintenance (independent or in service) is a guarantee of the longest possible service life and minimum costs.
Next, watch a video on how to determine and eliminate the reason why the gasoline trimmer does not start.
Gasoline trimmer won’t start. reasons
Many gardening tools are useful and effective, but there are times when the equipment refuses to work. Among them was a trimmer that can mow both a miniature lawn and huge lawns.
Reasons why the petrol trimmer won’t start
There are various reasons why the petrol trimmer won’t start:
- The most common reason for a breakdown lies in the wrong choice of fuel. Often, overly economical users of the device fill the tank with something dubious, but not fuel with a normal octane number. Low-quality fuel that has been kept in a plastic canister for a long time has a terrifying effect. The device, which has lost its performance for this reason, is sent to a complete bulkhead of the mechanism.
- There is another common situation where the petrol trimmer starts and stalls. The problem could be the spark plug or air filter. In the first case, after inspection, it will be found that the candle is “thrown”. This happens even if it has been recently wiped and dried. If everything is in order with the candle, then it is worth inspecting the air filter. Most often, it turns out to be oiled and needs to be replaced. If the device still refuses to start, then the problem lies either in a faulty ignition coil or in a clogged muffler.
- The device can deteriorate not only due to poor-quality fuel, but also due to improper handling. For example, the fuel is checked, there is a spark, but the device will not start. The reason may be a candle filled with gasoline. To correct the situation, you just need to unscrew the candle, wipe it, dry it and check it for performance.
- Sometimes there is such a situation. the gasoline trimmer does not start when the candle is dry. Then it is necessary to lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp, otherwise nothing will catch fire.
- Often the owners of the device find themselves in a situation where the gasoline trimmer does not start well when hot. Some craftsmen claim that the problem lies in the ignition coil. Therefore, it must be changed, and the device will work. But the problem may be overheating of the engine, especially if a reinforced circular saw-type knife was attached to the device. To avoid such situations, you should carefully study the instructions, which specifically describe what types of discs can be installed.
The reasons when a new gasoline trimmer won’t start can be the most commonplace, for example, inability to use the device. If the user stores it correctly, uses high-quality fuel and does not leave gasoline in the trimmer, then the unit will serve faithfully for a long time.
Checking the condition of the fuel and air filters.
If everything is in order with the fuel quality, the chainsaw engine may not start due to clogged fuel and air filters. To diagnose these elements, it will be necessary to perform a number of manipulations associated with their dismantling.
For the fuel filter:
- Disconnect the gasoline supply channel from the carburetor;
- Pump up fuel.
If there is little or no pressure in the branch pipe, disconnect the filter. Before that, free the tank from the mixture and remove the filter element itself. Dismantling is done with a wire hook. A clogged replacement cartridge that causes a poor starting of the chainsaw engine can be cleaned, but it is best to replace it with a new one. When using the tool in dusty conditions, it should be cleaned on a regular basis.
A clogged air filter can cause the chainsaw engine to run erratically, making it stalling or difficult to start. Dust and dirt deposited on the adsorbent material impede the flow of air into the system, make the fuel mixture so rich that it will sometimes be difficult to start the tool.
Checking the air filter is one of the first steps in finding the cause of a poor start.
Care should be taken when removing the air filter, as dust accumulated on the surface of the saw during operation can enter the carburetor. And this is fraught with more expensive repairs. After detaching the cartridge, thoroughly clean it from the accumulated dirt and rinse it with the addition of detergent. Dry the element and put it back in place just as carefully.
Identifying and eliminating obvious chainsaw malfunctions.
To determine the reason why the chainsaw does not start or stalls when starting, it is necessary to troubleshoot the tool. The essence of the procedure is to consistently inspect the condition and operation of the main working elements of the saw motor. At this stage, we check:
- Spark plug present;
- Fuel supply;
- Filter status;
- The operation of the breather of the stalling unit built into the fuel cap;
- Discharge duct function.
to the content
Determine the availability of fuel and its supply.
First you need to make sure that there is a fuel mixture in the tank of a chainsaw that does not want to start, and it regularly enters the carburetor. With a full tank, we check how the mixture is fed through the gas line. We disconnect the fuel system pipe from the carburetor and try to pump it up. In the case of a complete order, when pumping up, gasoline will be supplied in jerks in accordance with the norms set by the manufacturer. Poor or no fuel supply can result from:
- The fuel supply channel is clogged;
- Debris-clogged fuel filter.
Often the reason for a poor start of the chainsaw can be a tank that is too full. In this case, you should pay attention to the presence of smudges under the saw case cover. If present, refer to the connection of the gasoline feed pipe to the carburetor. Most often, it is squeezed out by pressure when the tank cap is screwed on, which is filled under the very neck, which prevents the engine from starting.
The quality of the fuel mixture can also be one of the reasons why the chainsaw does not start. If, after completing the work, the remaining gasoline is not drained, and the tool is left for long-term storage (more than 2 weeks), then the processes of resin formation and polymerization of the components will begin to occur inside the tank. What can cause carbon deposits on the piston, rings and cylinder liner. Therefore, always prepare the mixture only in the required amount before work.
Finding reasons why your chainsaw won’t start
Amateur and professional chainsaws are complex devices. The service life of their two-stroke engines, components and assemblies has its own limitations. For this reason, quite reliable and expensive tools, along with cheap Chinese units, periodically fail and refuse to start. The situation when the chainsaw does not start or stalls is not very pleasant and sometimes confuses the user. How to identify and correct a malfunction by returning the instrument to work.
- Identifying and eliminating obvious chainsaw malfunctions.
- Checking the spark on the spark plug and eliminating the causes.
- Determine the availability of fuel and its supply.
- Checking the condition of the fuel and air filters.
- Checking the breather and cleaning it.
- Chainsaw outlet check.
- What to do if the chainsaw won’t start further?
Chainsaw outlet check.
One of the reasons that a chainsaw does not start well may be a clogged exhaust channel or its muffler. At the same time, a drop in power is noted in the process of sawing lumber and logs. This is most often due to resinous deposits on the spark arrestor or muffler channel, which are formed during the combustion of a poor-quality mixture of gasoline and oil, which impede the removal of exhaust gases.
Resonator clogged with carbon deposits can cause poor starting of the gasoline saw.
Eliminate the reason for the poor start of the chainsaw, in this case, you can remove the accumulated combustion products. To do this, perform a number of manipulations:
- Remove the muffler by unscrewing the screws;
- Remove the cooling panel and gasket;
- Remove the spark arrester;
- Disassemble the resonator housing;
- Wash all elements from carbon deposits with detergent;
- Let them dry completely;
- Collect everything in reverse order;
To prevent dust and sand from entering the cylinder when cleaning the muffler, cover the outlet of the chainsaw engine with a clean rag.
Checking the spark on the spark plug and eliminating the causes.
The first step in looking for reasons why your gasoline saw won’t start is to check the spark on the spark plug. There are many factors that affect the performance of this element. However, the main ones at the initial stage of instrument troubleshooting are:
- Incorrect carburetor adjustment;
- The presence of more than it should be, the amount of oil in gasoline;
- Clogged air filter.
All of them contribute to the formation of carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes. In 50 cases out of 100, saws do not start on a cold one due to the absence of a spark due to carbon deposits on the electrodes and their corrosion. As a result, the gap either decreases or increases.
Checking the spark plug with an idle chainsaw
Checking for a spark is fairly easy. This will require:
- Remove the tip of the high-voltage wire;
- Unscrew the candle;
- Put the tip back on;
- Lean the candle with a skirt against the cylinder;
- Start with a starter.
If a good spark is observed between the electrodes at the time of starting the engine of the chainsaw, then everything is in order with the ignition unit. If it is not there, then it is worth cleaning the element itself and checking the gap of the electrodes. If necessary, use a special probe to adjust the distance between the contacts.
For candles from different manufacturers, the distance between the electrodes may fluctuate. For some, it may be equal to 0.5 mm. Others have 0.2 mm. Therefore, carefully study the manufacturer’s recommendations.
There may be no spark on the spark plug for other reasons. Of the main faults affecting the poor start of the chainsaw and the unstable operation of the internal combustion engine at idle, from which the tool can stall, the following can be attributed:
- Overflow of the spark plug channel with fuel;
- Lack of contact between the high-voltage cradle and the tip of the candle;
- Failure of the ignition unit.
How to start a cold chainsaw if the spark plug channel is constantly flooding with gasoline? To eliminate the problem while starting the tool, you can use the following algorithm:
- Unscrew the candle with a special key;
- Wipe it with a clean and dry cloth;
- Dry for 20. 30 minutes;
- Remove carbon deposits with a file and adjust the gap between the electrodes;
- Drain the remaining fuel from the spark plug channel and dry it;
- Collect everything and try to start the mechanism.
Trimmer starts and dies. Quick fix.
As a rule, these measures are enough to start the chainsaw and get the job done. However, this extreme measure does not eliminate the main reason why the engine does not start or stalls. improper operation of the carburetor, which needs fine adjustment.
If there is no spark and poor contact of the high-voltage cradle with the spark plug tip, check the connection. The check can be done using a conventional tester. If a defect is found and it is eliminated, the chainsaw should start without any problems.
If the check showed that the contact is reliable, and the saw does not start further, look for the cause in the ignition unit. As a rule, a faulty unit cannot be repaired or restored. A complete replacement is required here.
Checking the breather and cleaning it.
The breather is another element, from the improper operation of which the chainsaw may not start or stall during the sawing process. This element is located on the fuel tank cap in the area of the air hole. This is a kind of valve that does not allow gasoline to flow out and equalizes the air pressure required for the free flow of fuel into the carburetor.
If the breather is dirty, the working chainsaw stalls, and when started, it refuses to start. The thing is that air stops flowing through the hole. As a result, a negative pressure (vacuum) is created inside the fuel tank, which prevents the flow of gasoline to the carburetor.
Defining the problem is pretty straightforward. Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and see what happens to the gasoline. If it flows freely in a good trickle, then everything is in order with the breather. If it is absent or it flows weakly and intermittently, then the reason is identified. the breather is clogged with dirt. You can solve the problem by cleaning the air hole with a regular needle or a powerful jet of compressed air.
What to do if the chainsaw won’t start further?
If the initial inspection did not give anything or the defects were eliminated during the search, and the chainsaw does not start further, then you need to look for more serious reasons. It is best to identify and eliminate such breakdowns in a service center. However, with experience, you can find and eliminate them yourself. What to diagnose and check?
- Compression in the cylinder;
- Compression in the crankcase;
- Carburetor operation.
In the first case, checking the compression in the cylinder will allow you to find out the state of the cylinder-piston group (CPG) of a chainsaw that does not want to start cold. For this you need a compressometer. The device is screwed into place of the spark plug and the engine is idle. Measurement of readings allows you to judge the state of the CPG. In the absence of a compression gauge, the compression in the cylinder can be determined offhand as follows:
- Place your finger on the candle hole;
- Try to start the chainsaw engine.
By placing your finger on the spark plug hole and pulling the starter, you can check the compression in the cylinder.
If you feel that your finger is pulling strongly into the candle channel, then the compression is fine. The absence of a vacuum in the chamber indicates a malfunction. The cylinder-piston group needs a more detailed inspection, which will give an idea of the condition of the piston and cylinder, piston rings and bearings.
The chainsaw may not start on a cold one due to the lack of compression in the engine crankcase. The main reason for this is damage to the gasket placed between the cylinder and the crankcase. It is quite easy to detect the lack of compression:
- Disconnect the upper tube from the carburetor;
- Pour gasoline into a regular cork;
- We immerse the removed tube in the fuel;
- We pull the starter several times.
If the fuel is sucked from the cap when starting the chainsaw starter, then everything is in order with the compression. If not, see the gasket.
If the fuel is drawn in, then everything is in order. the gasket is intact. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a repair kit and replace it. How to do this watch the video, why the Chinese chainsaw does not start:
Starting the tool can be complicated by improper operation of the carburetor or its breakage. It often happens that during the sawing process, the fastening screws are loosened and air is sucked into the cylinder. Check that the carburetor is securely attached. Inspect it for fuel leaks. There can be a lot of reasons for the malfunction. It is possible to pinpoint the malfunction, eliminate it and fine-tune the carburetor only in a service center.
After going through the step-by-step troubleshooting of the chainsaw engine, you can find the malfunction, fix it yourself and successfully start your working tool. Do not take on jobs that you are not sure about. Entrust the troubleshooting to specialists from the service center.
Often, the engine of branded trim models stalls as a result of a clogged breather. The main task of this component is to equalize the pressure in the fuel tank. In case of contamination of the unit, a vacuum is formed here, which significantly complicates the supply of fuel. The problem can be eliminated by cleaning the breather with a regular sewing needle.
Where to start troubleshooting if the trimmer won’t start? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth inspecting the following units of the unit:
- fuel tank;
- spark plug;
- fuel and air filter;
- outlet channel;
It is the breakdown of the above locations that most often leads to the fact that the trimmer does not start well. Let’s look at how to eliminate such troubles.
Off-season petrol trimmer storage tips
When storing the trimmer, it is worth filling the gearbox with enough oil. Then you need to clean the air filter, partially disassemble, blow out and rinse the engine of the unit. After drying all mechanisms, the moving elements should be lubricated. To process the piston system with oils, you must first remove the spark plug. Then you need to move the piston to the extreme position, then pour a small amount of oil into the plug hole and rotate the crankshaft. If you do not plan to store the petrol trimmer in the off-season in the house, it is recommended to tightly wrap the engine of the unit with an oiled rag. This will avoid the development of corrosion on the surface of important parts of the mechanism.
How to prevent sudden breakage during trimmer operation?
In order for the unit to always be in a functional state, it is worth following a few simple rules:
- Conduct a timely, regular technical inspection of the main mechanical components of the device.
- Fill the trimmer with only fresh fuel, the quality and origin of which is beyond doubt.
- After each use of the tool, check whether oxides and carbon deposits have formed on the surface of the ignition system.
- Avoid heavy load on the trimmer during work.
In order for the unit to remain in working order, it is necessary to properly prepare it for storage in the winter. First of all, you should completely disassemble the instrument, then flush and clean the constituent elements. It is also important to inspect functional blocks for damage, if necessary, eliminating deformation of parts, all kinds of distortions, gusts of materials.
Why the petrol trimmer won’t start?
The owner of a summer cottage cannot do without a lawn mower or trimmer. But during its operation, situations may arise when this unit for some reason stops starting. And there can be many reasons for this. Let’s find out why the petrol trimmer won’t start.
Another common reason the trimmer won’t start is if there is a blockage in the filter area. To confirm the guess, it is enough to dismantle the indicated block and try to start the unit without it. If the trimmer engine starts, most likely you will have to replace the air filter or at least thoroughly purge the old one. If there is heavy dirt on the surface of the filter element, a new mesh must be used. When resorting to such actions, do not leave the suction pipe completely without a filter. After all, haste in this case can lead to the need to repair the entire piston group of the engine unit.
Why won’t the petrol trimmer start? Causes and their elimination
Recently, the gasoline trimmer has acquired the status of one of the main tools in the arsenal of summer residents. And this is not surprising, because the motorized scythe allows you to quickly put your personal plot in order. However, it sometimes happens that the trimmer does not start hot or even cold. In such situations, you have to independently determine the cause of the malfunction. Let’s figure out what to do if the trimmer won’t start. The reasons that most often lead to such troubles will be discussed below.