Workwear for working with an angle grinder
Types and characteristics of overalls for chefs
In places of common food, the chef is the main character, because deliciously prepared food is a guarantee of a large flow of visitors. Due to the specifics of the cook’s workplace, special requirements are imposed on his appearance, including his work clothes. You can see the types of surgical gloves and their characteristics here.
The picture shows different types of overalls for chefs.
What should be?
The cook’s working clothes should be:
- Practical. Cooking (cutting various products, making sauces, frying accompanied by splashing oil, and much more) involves high risks of contamination of the workwear of kitchen workers, including cooks, therefore, the workwear must be water-repellent and grease-repellent and be easy to clean. In addition, the chef constantly interacts with objects that have a high temperature (ovens, hobs, kitchen utensils, barbecues, grills, etc.), so the overalls must be resistant to high temperatures, that is, not maintain active combustion. Overalls must be durable, as they will often be washed during use. When buying overalls for cooks, you should also purchase special shoes with anti-slip soles (because in the kitchen there is always a risk of not noticing and slipping on the floor on something spilled or spilled) and a reinforced sock with metal inserts (to prevent injuries to the feet as a result of possible falling heavy and sharp objects).
The main color of the clothes is white. Colored clothes are allowed, but light shades.
A cook’s overalls, as a rule, include:
- Headdress (cap, scarf, garrison cap or cap). If an employee wears a mustache or beard, they should also be covered to prevent hair from getting into food.
- Dressing gown, tunic and work blouse. The length of these garments should be about mid-thigh. The sleeves are closed with pressure rivets or elastic bands. The collar on the clothes has a closed cut. It is forbidden to use buttons in cook clothes, as accessories (cook clothes should not contain any small details at all). Work clothes should not contain unnecessary parts that can catch on the kitchen equipment while moving around the kitchen.
- Loose elasticated trousers.
- An apron is not required, but is almost always used by cooks, because the apron is designed to protect the rest of the clothes from contamination.
- Often, you can see neckerchiefs at the chefs.
To increase the protective properties, fabrics can be additionally treated with antimicrobial impregnation. Alternatively, fibers containing silver chloride can be added to the fabric.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LABOR PROTECTION DURING WORK
3.1. During operation, the cord of a hand-held electric machine of the “angle grinder” type must be protected from accidental damage and contact with hot, damp and oily metal surfaces or objects.
3.2. When using a hand-held electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, its cord should not be pulled, twisted and bent, as well as put a load on it; the cord should be suspended if possible.
3.3. The working tool (circle) should be installed and removed only after disconnecting the manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type from the mains with a plug and stopping completely.
3.4. An employee working with a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type is prohibited from disassembling and repairing the machine himself; for this purpose, you should invite a specialist who has the right to perform such work.
3.5. It is prohibited to work with a hand-held power tool from ladders; for work at height, use strong scaffolding or scaffold.
3.6. Do not remove sawdust and dust with your hands while operating the power tool; they should only be removed after the tool has come to a complete stop.
3.7. When working with a manual electric angle grinder of the “angle grinder” type, objects to be processed must be securely fixed on the workbench using a vise.
3.8. To avoid injury, do not touch the rotating tool with your hands.
3.9. When working with a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, it is necessary that the worker takes a stable position, constantly maintaining balance.
3.10. Do not handle icy and wet parts with a power tool.
3.11. It is prohibited to work with a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, not protected from the effects of drops and splashes, under conditions of their influence, as well as in open areas during rain or snowfall.
3.12. Do not leave the power tool connected to the mains unattended or pass it on to persons not authorized to operate it.
3.13. Do not operate a power tool if at least one of the following malfunctions occurs:
– plug connections, cord or its protective tube are damaged;
– the cover of the brush holder is damaged;
– fuzzy operation of the switch;
– the appearance of smoke or a smell characteristic of burning insulation;
– the appearance of increased noise, knocking, vibration;
– breakage or the appearance of cracks in the body part, handle, protective guard;
– damage to the working tool.
3.14. When transferring a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type from one workplace to another, as well as during a break in work and its end, the power tool must be disconnected from the electrical network with a plug.
3.15. Do not carry a power tool connected to the mains with your finger on the switch.
3.16. During work, you must be attentive, focused, you can not take your eyes away from the work being performed.
3.17. To avoid accident, do not tie the key to the power tool with a rope or similar.
3.18. A circle that has cracks or a deformed shape cannot be used for work.
3.19. Handle the wheel with care to avoid breaking and cracking.
3.20. Circles larger than the maximum recommended size cannot be used.
3.21. Use only the flanges supplied with the power tool to secure the wheel.
3.22. After turning off the drive of the machine, do not stop the rotating working tool by pressing it from the side.
3.23. To protect your eyes from dust and solid particles during work, use a dust mask, goggles.
LABOR PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS BEFORE STARTING WORK
2.1. Before starting work, you should put on protective clothing to protect yourself from the effects of hazardous and harmful production factors and prepare the necessary personal protective equipment.
2.2. Overalls must be of adequate size, clean and free of movement.
2.3. Before starting work with a hand-held electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, it is necessary to find out which class of protection the used power tool belongs to (I, II or III) and to which hazard category the room in which the work is to be performed belongs.
2.4. Depending on the category of the room for the degree of danger of electric shock, the following classes of power tools must be used:
– class I. when used in production conditions;
– classes II and III. during operation in production conditions in all cases, and during the preparation and production of construction and installation work indoors. in conditions of increased danger and outdoors;
– class III. in the presence of especially unfavorable working conditions (in vessels, apparatus and other metal containers with a limited ability to move and exit the employee), as well as in especially dangerous conditions during the preparation and production of construction and installation works.
2.5. Manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, powered from the mains, must be equipped with a flexible cord with a plug.
2.6. The cord at the point of entry into the power tool must be protected from abrasion and kinks with an elastic tube made of insulating material; the tube must be fixed in the body parts of the power tool, and protrude from them for a length of at least five cable diameters.
2.7. The design of the plug of class III power tools must exclude the possibility of mating them with sockets for voltages above 42 V.
2.8. Before starting work with a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, the following work should be performed:
– check the reliability of the attachment of the working tool;
– by external inspection, check the serviceability of the cord, its protective tube and plug, insulating parts of the body, handle and brush holder covers;
– the presence of a protective casing and its serviceability;
– check the clarity of the switch;
– check the operation of the power tool at idle speed.
2.9. A hand-held electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, which has defects or an expired date of periodic inspection, is not allowed to be used in work.
2.10. To control the serviceability of the hand-held power tool, it must be periodically inspected and tested.
Occupational safety instructions when working with an angle grinder
This manual on labor protection when working with an angle grinder is available for free viewing and downloading.
GENERAL LABOR PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS
1.1. An employee who is at least 18 years old, who has passed in accordance with the current legislation, is allowed to work with an angle grinder:
– medical checkup;
– induction training;
– instruction and training at the workplace;
– training and testing of knowledge of electrical safety requirements in the volume of 3 groups on electrical safety;
– training in providing first aid to victims;
– training on labor protection and testing of knowledge of labor protection requirements.
1.2. An employee sent to participate in the performance of work unusual for his profession (for example, a subbotnik) must undergo targeted instruction on the safe conduct of the upcoming work.
1.3. The procedure, form, frequency and duration of the organization and conduct of the above activities are reflected in the local regulations of the enterprise.
1.4. An employee admitted to independent work must know:
– the principle of operation of technological equipment, tools and devices;
– the requirements of the current rules, norms and instructions for labor protection;
– rules for the use of primary fire extinguishing equipment;
– methods of providing first aid to victims;
– rules for the use of special clothing, special footwear and other personal protective equipment, as well as collective protective equipment;
– assignment of signal colors, safety signs and signal markings;
– rules of personal hygiene;
– rules of movement on the territory of the enterprise;
– internal labor regulations.
1.5. The employee may be exposed to the following hazardous and harmful production factors:
– electric current, the path of which, when closed, can pass through the human body;
– unprotected rotating working tool (circle);
– sharp edges, burrs, roughness on the surface of the power tool and workpieces;
– an increased level of noise and vibration during the operation of the electric drive of the tool and during the processing of parts;
– increased dustiness of the air in the working area;
– hot metal particles (sparks);
– physical activity (for example, during prolonged work with a hand power tool).
1.6. The employee’s responsibilities include:
– Compliance with the requirements of rules, norms and instructions on labor protection, internal regulations, instructions from officials of the enterprise and government authorities;
– the use of personal protective equipment only for its intended purpose (it is not allowed to take them out of the enterprise), informing the management about the need for dry cleaning, washing, drying, repairing workwear;
– non-admission of unauthorized persons to your workplace;
– compliance with the rules of movement on the territory of the enterprise;
– compliance with the internal labor regulations.
1.7. An employee is obliged to perform only those labor functions that are provided for by his employment contract and other local regulations of the enterprise, with which the employee is familiarized with signature. It is prohibited to perform labor functions not provided for by the employment contract and other local regulations of the enterprise. An employee is prohibited from starting to perform work functions if, in his objective or subjective opinion, he may be injured and / or poisoned. If, in the process of performing a job function, there is a risk of injury and / or poisoning, the employee is obliged to stop work and report the risk he has identified to his immediate or superior manager.
1.8. The employee is prohibited from using tools, devices and equipment, the safe handling of which he is not trained and has no practical experience with him.
1.9. The employee is obliged to comply with labor and production discipline, internal labor regulations.
1.10. The employee must comply with the working hours and rest hours established for him; in case of illness, feeling unwell, insufficient rest, the employee is obliged to report his condition to his immediate or superior manager. In case of an accident, the employee must stop work, notify his immediate or superior manager about this and seek medical help.
1.11. If an accident occurs with any of the employees, then the victim must be given first aid, report the incident to the immediate or superior supervisor and preserve the situation of the incident, if this does not create a danger to others.
1.12. When you are on the territory of the enterprise, it is forbidden to be in places that are not related to: performance of labor functions, instructions from a direct or superior manager, places for rest and eating.
1.13. The employee must observe the rules of personal hygiene: before eating and after finishing work, wash his hands with warm water and soap. Eating, smoking, resting is allowed only in specially designated rooms and places. Drink water only from specially designed installations (coolers).
1.14. It is not allowed to perform work while intoxicated or in a state caused by the consumption of narcotic drugs, psychotropic, toxic or other intoxicating substances, as well as drinking alcoholic beverages, using narcotic drugs, psychotropic, toxic or other intoxicating substances at the workplace or at work. time.
1.15. An employee who has committed a violation or failure to comply with the requirements of this labor protection instruction is considered as a violator of production discipline and may be brought to disciplinary liability, and depending on the consequences. to criminal liability; if the violation is related to the infliction of material damage, then the perpetrator may be held liable in accordance with the established procedure.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LABOR PROTECTION IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
4.2. If malfunctions of production equipment and tools are detected, as well as if an electric current is felt when touching a machine, machine tool, unit, or there is a strong heating of electrical wires, electric motors, electrical equipment, sparking or wire breakage, etc. it is necessary to immediately stop work, turn off the equipment, warn colleagues about the danger, notify the immediate or superior manager and act in accordance with the instructions received from them.
4.3. If smoke is detected and a fire or fire occurs, immediately declare a fire alarm, take measures to extinguish the fire using the available primary fire extinguishing means, notify the immediate or higher supervisor. If necessary, call the fire brigade by phone 101 or 112.
4.4. In case of an accident, immediately release the victim from the action of the traumatic factor, observing their own safety, provide the victim with first aid in accordance with the Algorithms for providing first aid to victims in accidents approved by the Company, if necessary, call an ambulance by phone 103 or 112. If possible, keep the situation, in which an accident occurred, if it does not threaten the life and health of others and does not disrupt the technological process, to investigate the causes of the accident, or fix it in a photo or video. Report to your immediate or superior supervisor.
In the event of injury, the employee must stop work, if possible, provide himself with first aid and notify the immediate or superior manager, regardless of the time of day and day of the week, or ask others to do this, if necessary, contact a medical institution.
LABOR PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS AT THE END OF WORK
5.1. After finishing work with a manual electric machine of the “angle grinder” type, it is necessary to disconnect it from the electrical network with a plug connector.
5.2. At the end of the work, you should clean up from dirt, dust, sawdust and put in order a hand-held electric machine and the personal protective equipment used.
5.3. At the end of the work, you should take off your overalls, footwear and other personal protective equipment and put them in the designated storage location, if necessary, hand them over for washing, cleaning.
5.4. All malfunctions and other violations of labor protection requirements that are noticed in the process of work must be reported to your immediate supervisor and measures to be taken to eliminate them.
5.5. At the end of work, you should thoroughly wash your hands with warm water and soap, take a shower if necessary.
5.6. Leave the territory of the enterprise along specially designated routes.