How to assemble a cutter on a single-axle tractor shtenli 1030
Cutters for a power tiller: selection, operation, self-made
A tiller for a power tiller is one of the most popular types of auxiliary equipment for soil treatment. It is a set of special blades fixed on an axle. With their help, you can quickly and easily get rid of weeds, make ground cultivation on the site. In order to choose the optimal type of cutter for your power tiller, it is necessary to classify them a little.
By their location rotary tillers can be lateral and mounted. Side-mounted on both sides of a single-axle tractor, working from the drive shafts of the wheels. In fact, in this arrangement, these cutters replace the wheels and drive the machinery.
The second PTO-mounted cutter is on the back of the machine, but is not part of the power take-off. CELINA, Neva MB-1 and MB-2, MTZ motor-blocks have exactly this cutter arrangement.
Two kinds of milling cutters are distinguished by the design of the blades. sabre (active, standard) and the so-called goose-footed.
An active milling machine consists of a set of four powerful knives set at a 90° angle to one another. There can be two or more blades on an axle. The number and size of additional bolt cutters depends on the power unit’s output. This power tiller has blades in the form of curved strips bent alternately in different directions. Their design and durability allows to safely process virgin land, and also areas where there are stones and roots.
The second type of a power tiller is the goosefoot. The product received its name for the unusual shape of its cutting elements, which resemble goose legs. They are shaped like a triangle and are located on the edges of the pillars. The number of cutting elements and the size of this module also depends on the power of the power tiller. The more racks with knives. the better the quality of processing.
This cutter is capable of processing heavy virgin and clay soils, but in areas with increased vegetation and roots, the product is likely to clog.
How to correctly assemble the cutters on a single axle tractor?
Assembly of the mill can cause some difficulties, especially if you do it for the first time and by yourself.
To begin with, you should get acquainted with the structure of the cutter.
The drawing below shows its main components:
- rotary axle (it comes in different lengths, it can be solid or split);
- pin with a locking device;
- blades (right and left);
- Elements for fixing the structure (nuts, washers and bolts).
Also, do not forget to take into account the fact that the movement of the blades during work is directed counterclockwise. Be careful when assembling the module. any deviation in the design will cause the axle to be out of balance, the unit will skid sideways during operation.
We also suggest reading a video that details the process of assembling the tiller to the power tiller:
The blade diameter supplied with the engine block is 35.6 mm; their rotational speed during operation is 399 rpm. For the operator’s convenience, the device is equipped with a transport wheel. Off-road tractor can be placed on this wheel during storage or used to transport the machine around the site.
Basic equipment and attachments
Basic equipment of Stanley 500 motorcycle:
- Stanley 500 pedestrian tractor directly (engine gearbox);
- support wheel (1 unit);
- fasteners and tools for fixing cutters, handles, wheels;
- disassembled cutters;
- protective fenders;
- Instructions (which can also be downloaded electronically);
- warranty card;
- universal hook.
- regular and conveyor potatoes;
- Other equipment (e.g. from Neva or Salyut cultivators) can also be connected to the engine.
Assembling elements of saber-shaped cutting tools
The prefabricated saber design consists of:
- left and right blades;
- shaft (sleeve). metal pipe 50 mm in diameter, wall thickness from 4 mm;
- flange, plate (can have different geometry). steel plate up to 15 mm thick;
- fastening elements.
Cutting blades are connected to the plate by bolts so that the sharp edges enter the ground when the power tiller moves forward. At the same time the right and left blades on the sections should alternate.
How to correctly assemble blades on a single axle tractor with 3 cutting blades?
The main mistake when assembling the cutting tools of a power tiller is to install the left-handed blades on the left section, and the right-handed ones on the right. This knife mounting scheme is functional, but has a number of drawbacks:
- increased distance between the right and left attachments (from 20 to 25 cm) reduces the quality of soil processing. after the passage of the technique remains a wide strip of uncultivated soil;
- cutting blades do not overlap each other, which reduces the quality of soil loosening
- wear and tear of cutting tools increases;
- the comfort of operating the machine is reduced. during the passage of the band the rotary cultivator will bounce because of the asymmetric entry of cutting tools into the ground.
To assemble blades correctly on a single axle tractor, it is necessary to adhere to the principle of diagonals and conduct all mounting operations symmetrically. Some models of special equipment are equipped with left and right wing blades with removable last section. Their number does not affect the principle of assembling blades. the main thing when fixing the cutting blades on the next section to perform their displacement so that they “pass” through the formed angle of the already fixed ones when looking along the sleeve.
When observing the diagonal (offset) assembly, the blades of the sections will cut the ground in sequence one after another. The rotation of the left and right tiller will be symmetrical. If assembled correctly, the uniformity of their work, load distribution is guaranteed.
The tiller belongs to the attachment. It can be removed and put in place. It affects the quality of cultivation of any type of soil in the garden and vegetable garden. High-quality engine work also depends a lot on the quality and condition of the tiller.
To assemble a tiller on a single-axle tractor is quite possible.
If assembled and sharpened properly, you can loosen the soil and remove weeds from it very quickly. How to assemble the cutter correctly? Good blades must be made. This is the base of any type of cutter. Knives are designed to cope with weeds, loosen the soil, distribute fertilizer in the soil.
There are several types of this attachment, but the most common are saber and gooseneck. Most of the work on the construction site can be done with these. On the ends of the construction are installed plates for tillers for power tillers. When working, they give a special smooth running and do not allow the cultivator to dig deep into the ground.
The agricultural equipment, and in particular power tillers, is quite in demand among owners of large and small farms and farmland in Russia and abroad. Among the manufacturers specializing in the production of this equipment, the leading position is occupied by Shtenli concern, which successfully sells its products in Europe and in the former Soviet Union.
The agricultural equipment Shtenli, including power tillers, is a product of the same German concern which is engaged in production of the given line of tools and equipment for several decades already. Modern power tillers are distinguished by the high quality of assembly, as well as some options of components from such world-renowned brands as ABB Micro, Instruments and others. Now these devices are quite popular not only in Europe but also in Russia.
Shtenli motor units differ from similar agricultural equipment in versatility, due to which the devices can be used to cultivate land on large and small farm plots, using the same equipment to solve the problems of cultivation, plowing, mowing the grass, snow removal or root crop harvesting, as well as a pulling unit for cargo transportation, water pumping.
These characteristics allow the use of German units for personal needs, as well as to address issues that are subordinate to the utilities. The range of motor blocks allows you to pick up a unit specifically for your needs, and a wide selection of spare parts and accessories provide improvement of motor blocks for various works.
The concern also produces units that can be used for indoor cultivation, so many farmers can operate these machines in greenhouses, greenhouses and hothouses.
As powerful and versatile machines as the Shtenli 1800 single axle tractor, it makes sense to add a host of optional equipment. With special attachments, the machine can be turned into a multifunctional mini-tractor that not only plows, but also sows, harvests and cultivates the territory.
The following devices are used for this purpose:
- Plows. For lifting virgin land and neglected areas it is better to use single-hoe tools. Tillage of soft ground is possible with 2 to 4 ploughshares. Clear grass and bushes from overgrown areas before ploughing.
- Rotary mowers. Mounted on the front bracket, attached to the PTO with a belt. The 2-blade haymower can cut a swath of grass and bushes up to 140 cm wide. It is expedient to get a trailed rake as a part of haymower set.
- Weeder. These products have a wide range of action. They are used to make seedbeds, loosen soil, and remove weeds between rows. The single-axle tractor is suitable for single-row, double-row disc and arrow-type harrows.
- Snow clearing equipment. A rotary snowplow is used to deal with heavy drifts. Fresh snow is best removed with a front blade or a rotary brush. Snow clearing tools have a working width of 80-100 cm.
- Drilling machines. The power and weight of the machine is enough to drill holes up to 30 cm in diameter. Using different sizes of drills, you can make wells for water, holes for poles, supports, and seedlings.
- Planting and harvesting kits. Potato planters and potato diggers help to reduce the share of hard manual work. These tools lay tubers to a depth of up to 25 cm. Harvesting is carried out with a working width of 30 cm.
PTO shaft on the power tiller allows its use as a drive for stationary equipment. The machine provides rotary power for the water pump, mulcher, power generator and woodchopper.
As we can see, the basic configuration of Shtenli 1030 is very poor and unremarkable. So it’s no wonder why many owners prefer to buy a single-axle tractor already with attachments. Besides, you can fully evaluate the possibilities of the walking tractor with it. We can say that the attachments are of paramount importance, without which it does not make sense to buy a single axle tractor at all. So, let’s look at the most popular options for the model in question:
- Potato digger
- Potato planter
- Water pump
- Cultivation tillers (optional)
- Seat adapter
The Shtenli single-axle tractor is running in before the first use with an increased load. During the break-in period, the single-axle tractor load is 50% of the machine’s full load, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Let’s consider the most important steps, with the observance of which you can achieve the desired result, and thereby extend the service life of your power tiller for many years to come:
- Starting the engine. Before this, it is important to thoroughly check all units and assemblies, as well as fill up the oil and fuel
- The engine should be run initially at idle speed, which should be gradually increased to maximum speed. This allows the internal parts to get used to each other and adapt to different operating conditions. This procedure can to some extent be considered as an imitation of these conditions
- Checking the shifting mechanism. It is important to check that the gearbox works accurately and that unusual noises and vibrations occur. There should be nothing of the kind in a new product. Otherwise it’s a defect.
- During the first use of the power tiller, you can work the soil, including cultivating, plowing, planting and digging root crops, forming seedbeds, etc. д.
- After the average 15-hour run-in period, it’s time for another service check and oil and fuel fill up.
The Shtenli 1800 single axle tractor has an improved Shtenli Gear Shift 2 transmission. It represents an upgraded box, which provides smooth and clear operation of the gears in any operating mode. Special vibration protection eliminates vibrations from the handlebar, making it easy to operate the machine for long periods of time. The result is less fatigue for the operator, and higher productivity even in the most difficult terrain.
The machine is equipped with a decompression valve for reinforcing the starting system. It activates the engine on the first try, regardless of temperature fluctuations or length of idle time. All controls are ergonomically designed and conveniently located. This includes the throttle and gear shift levers, which are mounted on the handlebar.
Block: 4/12 | Number of characters: 808
Among the advantages of the motor-block “Shtinli” the following points can be noted:
- Front light ensures stable and effective illumination. In this case the power of the light beam can be corrected. This solution allows the machine to be operated at any time of the day or night without the need for artificial lighting.
- The flexible control knob is adjustable and adjustable for the operator’s height and build.
- Large pneumatic wheels with a deep tread pattern are comparable to their tractor counterparts. Elements have high drivability and endurance to different kinds of loads.
- Clutch of dry type is controlled manually, provides smooth gear shifting, without overloading the power unit with high revolutions.
- Provides brackets for a variety of attachments.
- All components are German-made and come with a two-year warranty.
Unit: 5/12 | Number of characters: 919
Sabre or “active” cutters
The most effective part for surface treatment is considered an active cutter, which can work on any problem areas thanks to its equipment. There are practically no restrictions in operation, but at the same time many farmers recommend to use sabre blades on soft soil. If desired, it is possible to use power tillers on stony areas with a lot of roots, because the chance of possible breakage of the blades is practically minimal.
Blades on active cutters consist of four parts and are evenly positioned across the structure at ninety degrees. As a rule, two to three such units are attached to one side of the device
, And sometimes there are as many as five. It all depends on the power of your power tiller and its total weight, the same goes for the width of the attachment.
Each blade visually looks like an ordinary curved metal strip, but at a certain power, these tips go very deep into the ground and destroy all unnecessary components. If we talk about how to make saber cutters on their own, we should advise a special spring steel grade 50KhGFA.
Active cutter is most widely used in cottage industry
Making an active power tiller
Among farmers and just garden lovers, it is saber-shaped devices are the most popular due to the effective and simple design, which can be easily assembled at home. To make an active cutter, you will need a metal strip of high-strength steel, an angle grinder, additional parts for direct digging of the ground, a small pipe and any welding machine.
It is worth noting that as plowing devices, old car springs and other similar products are quite suitable. The main elements of the cutter should be bent in the same direction and cut to a single size. Using a welding machine, you can easily connect the received structures to the main pipe. Important! Distribute the cutting parts evenly and on different sides of the pipe.
If you need a self-made cutter for specific purposes, and you immediately know in which direction the blades will move, it is recommended to further sharpen them in the desired direction, thereby increasing the power and quality of digging. Having received the assembled mechanism, it is necessary to fix it well on the power tiller and immediately try the cutter in action. If you find some inaccuracies in operation or any other problems, the design can easily be removed and reworked as needed. Before you start making a tiller for power tillers with your own hands, we advise you to watch the special video instructions presented at the end of the article.
How to work
After the cutters are installed, start the single-axle tractor. Going straight to the beginning of the field at first speed with the tiller. If there is only one forward speed, then do it at the lowest engine speed. Set the ground speed as high as possible for the rotary tiller. Turn on the second speed and, having set the engine rpm to the maximum, engage the clutch.
Use the coulter to set the desired cultivation depth. For starters, we put it on the second division from the top. The shorter the part of the coulter facing the surface, the shallower the processing. We use it to create a load and to slow down the forward movement of the machine. Unable to move forward, the cultivator is buried by the cutters. The coulter is the same as the anchor. When you have passed the strip from the beginning of the section to the end, then, if the section is small, you can put it in reverse and go back.
If the area is large, it is more convenient to move in a circle. If it is possible to turn the steering wheel to the side, it is advisable to turn it. That way the operator walks on hard ground and doesn’t trample the already tilled ground.
A properly adjusted single-axle tractor won’t bounce and twitch.
It may happen that the soil is heavy and the cultivator is light. Additional weight must then be applied in the area of the tines. Weights are selected in individual “pancakes”, 6-7 kg each.
Carry out cultivation with little overlap over the cultivated area. Make the second pass in such a way that one of the cutters goes along half of the processed strip. Use the following looseness left by the coulter discs. That way all the soil is cultivated twice. In this way we achieve an even ground treatment over the whole area.
When we carry out cultivation between the rows, then on the edge of the assembly set the guiding protective discs. They will not allow the machine to undercut the roots of the plants and prevent it from deviating from the set path.
Cutters are a key component of a power tiller and can significantly simplify the work of the gardener and speed up the work process. Depending on the version, they can cope with different functions. However, you can not call them universal, which depends on the complexity of the processed soil and the type of one or another device. In this article you will read about the varieties of cultivator blades and their features, find out whether they need sharpening and which ones are best for different soils.
How to assemble a cutter on a single axle Kentavr tractor?
Before you start assembling, it is worth paying attention to the types of parts:
The first is considered standard, as it has an acceptable shape, and the blades are made of durable steel. The goosefoot cutter is a strong, non-disassembled and solid piece.
In brief, the instructions for assembling a cutter for the Kentavr power tiller are as follows:
- To begin with, it is necessary to consider the important fact that the sharpened part of the cutter will have to cut into the ground during work. This requires the correct direction of rotation.
- At the very beginning of assembly, you need to prepare the single-axle tractor.
- The mechanism itself should be leaned on the frame (the so-called coulter).
- Then tilt at an angle of forty-five degrees.
- Next, put under the handlebar of the tiller of the motor-block wooden trestle.
- The final stage. the removal of the wheel.
In order for the assembled part to serve firmly and for a long time in the work, it is worth constructively calculating its functions. For the correct assembly of a milling machine with their own hands for a power tiller, it is recommended to get acquainted with similar parts. Watching instructional and informative videos on the assembly of milling machines is also effective.
After that, you can proceed to the creation of the drawing. Then, following it, assemble the necessary elements to assemble. During the assembly, it is important to act step by step. At the end it is necessary to test the mechanism in operation.
In general, everyone will be able to assemble by himself a tiller for a power tiller, which will further help with the productive cultivation of the land.
Assembling a tiller for a diesel motoblock Kentavr with your own hands
The work takes approximately one hour, but you should follow a clear guide to avoid problems during the assembly process. Further reading you can find detailed instructions (Assembly of milling machines, single axle tractor, diesel single axle tractor etc.).д).
Those who do not know how to assemble cutters for a power tiller with their own hands should watch the following video.