What belt for the Neva MB 2 single axle tractor
Replacing the engine of the Neva MB-1 and MB-2 motoblock: which one to choose, prices
When using the Neva power tiller for a long time, it is necessary to change the engine when it fails. Replacement of the engine on the motoblock can be carried out not only on the mechanism of the same brand with which it was made, but also on a motor that has more or less power. Let’s look at how the installation of the engine of a Neva motoblock is carried out.
There are many modifications of this walking tractor (MB-2, MB-23, etc.).д.). Every tool has its own belt type. Mostly used MB-1 power tillers. power tillers of old modifications. It should be noted that the functioning of the MB-1 and MB-2 devices is based on the mechanism of the V-belt transmission. This system allows the unit to move forward and backward, respectively, without its assistance the unit simply will not work. In the MB-1 modification motoblocks, a V-belt transmission of both strokes is built in. In MB-2 releases, only one transmission for the front stroke is used. On this basis, to choose a belt for the power tiller “Neva”, you should stock up on the following data:
- you need to know the type of belt that corresponds exactly to your model of the unit;
- belt length;
- the degree of tension of the part;
- type of V-belt transmission (for certain modifications).
Rules of maintenance and operation of the pulley on the engine
For a long and stable operation of the leading pulley, you should remember some rules for its care and use:
- Remember to regularly clean the pulley guards of foreign particles, dust and dirt. This will keep the part from getting dirty inside;
- Check that the pulley is fastened on the engine axle. If the slightest looseness of the fasteners is experienced during vibration, the part will wobble, resulting in serious damage and wear to the shaft;
- If there are any serious chips, cracks, or scratches on the surface of the part. do not hesitate to replace it. After all, a pulley breakdown during operation can have quite serious consequences;
- protect the single axle tractor from excessive moisture, do not store it in damp conditions. This can lead to severe corrosion and, consequently, to sheave breakage.
After purchasing a replacement part, it can be replaced by yourself. It will require a set of wrenches. To save the edges of nuts and bolts it is best to use sockets. Each modification of the motoblock has its own features, so the order of work on the replacement of spare parts is different.
Replacement of worn parts on the MB-1 power tiller
On the old model of a power block for forward and reverse motion, two belts are installed. To replace them do the following:
- Clean off dirt from the machine
- unscrew the fastening bolts and remove the protective cover;
- loosen the screws fixing the guide plate; it is moved upwards;
- by pushing down the tensioner by hand remove the worn parts. If you want to replace the belt backing on a single-axle tractor MB-1, first remove the forward motion;
- replace worn out parts with new ones;
- set the guide plate in place, tighten the screws;
- set the protective covers in place;
- check the movement of the belt over the pulleys and finally tighten the bolts and nuts fixing the guard.
Replacing the belt on the Neva MB-2 power tiller
On newer power tillers, the torque transmission is done with a single belt. For its replacement do the following:
- Clean the mechanism of dirt and soil;
- unscrew the fastening bolts, remove the protective guards;
- loosen the tensioner fixing;
- remove the bracket;
- Remove worn part;
- Install a new belt. First it is put on the engine shaft, then on the pulley of the gearbox;
- set the bracket in place;
- by moving the bracket up and down adjust the belt tension;
- Install the protective covers in place;
- turn a pulley to check the belt easy running and absence of deformation;
- finally tighten the bolts fixing the bracket and shrouds.
Belts on the Neva single axle tractor
Neva” series power tillers. irreplaceable helper in the garden and vegetable garden. Performing many functions, with frequent use, they experience considerable overloading, contributing to the appearance of malfunctions. Among the possible problems that can occur with the cultivator type “Neva”, users often encounter a breakage of transmission belts.
Remoteness from service centers, the need for fast reactivation of the machine and the desire to save money on consultations with specialists encourage self-repair of the cultivator at home. For its successful implementation will require little, as you will be convinced by reading this material.
Belts on single axle tractor “Neva
As you know, motor blocks can be of two types. The first of them work on the chain transmission, and the second. on the belt transmission. In the second case, the belt transmission is used to transmit torque from the motor to the attachments of the motoblock, and also plays the role of clutch and transmission. We propose to consider the principles of installation of belts on the single-axle tractor Neva, as well as methods of their adjustment with your own hands.
How to change the belt on a Neva power tiller?
The simplicity of the basic unit of MB-1 and MB-2 modifications allows replacing the defective drive elements without having to seek help from a specialized workshop.
- Carefully remove the old belt, taking care not to damage the tension pulleys and other important nearby parts. To do this, you must consistently remove the protective shield and the main factory cover, built for additional protection of the belt;
- Carefully remove the spring, which is necessary for tensioning the drive element;
- Remove the fasteners in the form of screws and standard limiters, which serve to hold the belt on the standard pulley of the engine;
- Inspect the location of the power unit shaft handle and the gearbox. they should be strictly in the same plane. The Neva MB-1 and MB-2 motor blocks may have deviations in the location of the knobs by no more than 0.1 mm;
- If necessary, adjust the location of the pulleys by carefully moving the engine in its longitudinal plane;
- Adjust the location of the idler pulley. this is necessary for the proper tension of the belt to be installed;
- Install the new drive element. it is important to start putting the belt on the side of the gear part of the power unit. The video will explain in detail how to replace the drive element with your own hands.
МБ-2. МНОГО ДОРАБОТОК. ПРИЦЕП ВАРЯГ. МОТОБЛОК НЕВА МБ-2. ЛЕСНОЙ ПУТНИК
Belt replacement procedure is the same for the Neva MB-2 as for the MB-1. In each case, before installing a new element, it is important to inspect the installation site and carefully clean it of debris, if necessary.
After replacing parts, farm equipment requires adjustment of the clutch mechanism. To do this, do the following:
- set speed lever on gearbox in neutral position;
- Start the engine of the farm machine;
- Pull the clutch lever until the engine shaft starts to rotate on the drive wheel. Adjustments are made by pushing on the lever whose belt has been replaced;
- see how far the end of the lever is from the handlebar. To ensure maximum transferable force, the wheel should start to move when the end of the lever is 1 to 1-1 cm short of the handlebars.5 cm from the handlebars;
- if the belt is loose, remove a few chain links from the clutch linkage adjustment mechanism; if it is too tight, the chain length should be increased.
Operation and maintenance of the Neva MB-2
Changing the oil in the engine
The manufacturer recommends using such well-known brands of motor oil for the engine block as LUKOIL SAE 10W30 API SF/CC, as well as RAVENOL SAE 30 API CD/SF.
Recommended oil viscosity for Neva motor blocks
at temperatures above 4 degrees Celsius to use thickened grades of oil (e.g. 10W30 grade) will result in increased fuel consumption, therefore, in cold seasons it is recommended to check oil level in the engine more often and not to let it drop below the norm.
Change the oil after the single axle tractor has been in operation recently while the engine has not yet completely cooled down. It should be warm, but not hot. Drain all the oil from the tank and top up with new oil until the oil level is at the proper level. The drain plug is then screwed tight and wiped dry.
First start and running-in of the Neva MB-2 power tiller
The first start-up should be carried out according to the following scheme:
- make sure that the single-axle tractor is in complete condition (the height of the steering bar and the handles should correspond to the height of the user)
- start the engine only if the single axle tractor is on level ground;
- check the oil and fuel level in the tank;
- Check the threaded joints;
- After that you can start the engine by slowly turning the ignition switch;
- the idle time (without load and driving) should be about 10 minutes, then you can move off and operate the single axle tractor.
The running-in period is considered the first 20 hours of operation of the motoblock, after which it is necessary to make an oil change. This is the most important period:
- do not work at full throttle;
- Work only on previously prepared soils (not virgin land)
- For cultivation, use only the number of cutters that are included in the kit;
- single-axle tractor “Neva” MB-2 during the break-in period may be loaded only on ¾ of power;
- to switch gears in the gearbox can only be done when the drive pulley has stopped rotating completely;
After the first 20 hours of operation after the first start-up, the oil in the engine should be changed.