STIHL grass trimmer fs 38 carburetor adjustment
The device of the carburetor of the gasoline grass trimmer without adjusting screws
You can check the performance of the magneto with a tester. To do this, you need to do the following steps.
- Set the tester correctly: Use the resistance measurement function and set the primary winding to 200 ohms.
- Point the first electrode of the tester toward the mass of the magneto and the second toward the original contact. If the primary winding is good, the reading should be 0.4 to 2 ohms.
- Set the tester switch to 20KΩ to diagnose the secondary winding. Then point the first probe into the spark plug cover and the second to the mass. If everything is okay, the readings will vary from 4 to 6 ohms depending on the model of grass trimmer, whether it is Patriot 547, Husquarna 128 r or other brand. If the circuit is open, the tester will read infinity. And if a short circuit occurs, the display will show zero.
Need a grass trimmer
To mow the grass today uses special equipment on the type of trimmers. However, if you decide to buy such a device, you need to decide not only the manufacturer, but also the model. For example, the grass trimmer “Huter”, reviews about which you can read in the article, can be a great option. With such a device, you can in a short time mow a small lawn, rid the area of weeds, as well as trim the grass between trees. Visiting the store, you may be confused, because this manufacturer offers trimmer models in a wide range of. In order to determine, it is necessary to pay attention to the main characteristics, and we will talk about them below.
In what cases do you need to adjust the carburetor?
Stable operation of your brushcutter carburetor depends a great deal on tuning it right.
You need to readjust the settings in the following situations:
- After running in a new grass trimmer, when 4-5 full tanks of fuel have been used during work;
- When the operator frequently changes the brand of gasoline used for refueling;
- as a result of a sudden change in the weather;
- Due to prolonged storage of the grass trimmer;
- As a result of the hedge trimmer’s adjustment screws being loosened by the engine vibrating;
- Due to a sudden increase in the amount of fuel the trimmer uses.
Adjusting the trimmer’s carburetor will also be necessary when the tool’s spark plug quickly becomes soiled, as well as when there is a sharp increase in the amount of exhaust emitted by the trimmer.
When the carburetor on a domestic trimmer needs adjusting?
Adjusting the grass trimmer’s built-in carburetor is necessary when:
- The new engine has been run-in, during which 4 to 5 liters of fuel mixture have been used;
- sudden changes in the weather;
- Changes in air pressure, e.g., if you frequently use the brushcutter in mountainous terrain;
- prolonged idle time of the grass trimmer;
- High engine load on the brushcutter power unit;
- arbitrary unscrewing of the carburetor’s built-in adjusting screws. this causes increased vibration of the engine;
- Changes in the quality of the fuel mixture components;
- fuel overflow from the carburetor, resulting in increased fuel consumption;
- Regular appearance of a thick layer of tarry deposits and carbon deposits on the electrode surface of the standard grass trimmer spark plug;
- starting the engine and its random shutdown or slow acceleration;
- Lack of fuel supply into the cylinder of the power unit;
- increase in the volume of exhaust gases emitted.
Lack of timely adjustment of the carburetor threatens a serious breakdown trimmer for grass, up to complete failure of his factory engine.
The principle of operation of the lawnmower carburetor
The throttle valve determines the amount of air to feed, and this directly affects the power of the engine.
Adjusting the carburetor lawn mower STIHL FS 55 Shop Parts Sadservice sadservice.com.ua.
The carburetor system is sucked in by the fuel pump (its diaphragm). Then the air flows through the nozzle on the carburetor. Then liquid flows through inlet and outlet valves of pump. Is filtered by a strainer. Fuel moves to diaphragm chamber through needle valve.
- Air supply in the tube with an air baffle (flap). The baffle plate controls the intensity of the air flow.
- The fuel system is necessarily narrowed by a diffuser to increase the flow rate.
- Gasoline flows through the float chamber and restrictor tube. A chamber with a float regulates the temporary volume of petrol. In the float chamber the pressure level is neutral, but in the tube with constriction the pressure level is already low. Fuel flows through the nozzle through the pressure differential.
- Acceleration of air flow promotes transfer of fuel (gasoline) and its atomization. The result is an air-fuel mixture of the desired proportion or density.
- The air-fuel mixture enters the engine cylinder through the fuel tube.
The area of the open air damper determines the level of air density in the system. the wider the valve is open, the higher is fuel consumption and power.
Simply speaking, the adjustment of the carburetor on the lawnmower is the creation of an optimal fuel mixture through the correct air supply.
How to adjust the carburetor on a chain saw
Before adjusting, the filters should be thoroughly cleaned in accordance with the maintenance instructions.
Further adjustment of the lawnmower carburetor with your own hands is performed by the adjusting screws. There are three altogether:
Right (L). fuel mixture adjustment for low revs.
You need to find the maximum idle speed. To do this, slowly turn the screw (L) to the right and left.
How to adjust the carburettor on a STIHL 55 trimmer.
To adjust the carburettor turn the screw a quarter of a turn counterclockwise.
Lower (T). is responsible for adjustment of the engine at idle.
The idle speed is a characteristic of correct adjustment:
- stable operation of the cold engine;
- Not over revving the hot engine;
- for trimmer head high RPM margin;
- stable motor operation when changing position (sudden blade up or down).
left (H). mix control at high rpm. (The screw is the last one to be adjusted).
The left screw (H) determines the overall adjustment of maximum RPM, engine power, temperature, and gasoline consumption.
Setting carburetor of the lawnmower with the last screw is performed as follows:
- Open the throttle to full, with full throttle. Turn the screw clockwise until the revolutions drop (in this case, orient it by ear).
- Turn the screw as slowly as possible counterclockwise until the engine is uneven.
- Then turn it back just a little when you hear a steady, even rumble.
- It is more convenient to look at the work of an experienced user for a clearer application of skills:
It is interesting that from the point of view of the author of the video, the setting (its correctness) is determined by the color of the candle, and not only by the revs and engine stability.
Proper adjustment of the carburetor with their own hands in this case. combustion of the fuel mixture without residue, the color of the candle should be light brown.
Recommendations for use
Take a break for a while. This is to ensure that the motor of the device does not overheat and fail prematurely. For amateur models there is a break every 20 minutes for the same amount of time. For professional mowers a break every 50 minutes is necessary, in which case the break time should be at least 10 minutes.
Watch the condition of the fuel tank. If you do not plan to use the mower for a certain amount of time, it is best to drain the remaining fuel from the tank compartment. This avoids damage to engine parts.
Characteristics of the gasoline grass trimmer “Kalibr” BK-1380
|Rated engine power||1.38 kW. / 1,86 л.с.|
|Cutting attachments||trimmer line / metal blade.|
|Grass trimmer class||farmer (semi-professional)|
|Type of boom||collapsible straight.|
|Drive shaft||rigid steel.|
|Grip (handlebar)||bicycle (two-handed).|
|Steering wheel adjustment||horizontally and vertically.|
|Mowing width (max)||420 mm.|
|Engine start||hand starter.|
|Easy motor start||no.|
|Fuel type||gasoline AI-92 additive.|
|Fuel tank capacity||1.0 liter.|
|Engine displacement||42.7 cc.|
|Possibility of installing additional equipment||no.|
|Accessories||– Bobbin with fishing line Metal knife Shoulder strap Key set Operating instructions.|
|Country of Origin||Russia-China.|
A complete set to the Kalibr gasoline mower includes:
- three-blade blade;
- bullet with fishing line;
- tool set;
- protective hood;
- fuel mixing tank;
- Shoulder straps;
- operating instructions.
Suggestions for use
Take a break for a while. This is to ensure that the motor of the device does not overheat and fail prematurely. For recreational models a break is allowed every 20 minutes for the same amount of time. For professional mowers the operation should be interrupted every 50 minutes, in which case the downtime should be at least 10 minutes.
Keep an eye on the condition of the fuel tank. If you do not plan to use the mower for a certain time, it is better to drain the remaining fuel from the tank compartment. This will help avoid breakage of motor parts.
Rules of Usage
Problems and solutions. Do-it-yourself repairs
But what to do if the machine breakage is unavoidable?? We will not delve into the causes of this, but it will not be superfluous to consider possible problems that may arise with the mower, as well as methods of their elimination by your own efforts.
Engine won’t start. If you are faced with this problem, then initially you need to assess the amount of fuel in the fuel tank, maybe the problem as such is not, and you only need to add fuel and continue working. By the way, it is worth a separate attention to the fuel used, because of its quality depends on the life and quality of the mower. Specialists recommend gasoline AI-92, not lower.
Robotic lawn mowers Stiga. an innovation in the agricultural industry, which managed to win the hearts of many farmers and cottagers.
Homemade circular sawmill. easy and simple, thanks to the detailed instructions you will find on this site.
Puzzled with the question: “How to choose a professional saw, not having experience with the tool?”If you’re confronted with a lawn mower problem, click here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/kak-vybrat.html.
Another likely cause of unstable engine performance could be a dirty fuel filter. It should be carefully inspected, cleaned if necessary. If the filter cannot be repaired, it must be replaced with a new one.
Do not forget about the air filter, clogging which can also lead to failure of the tool. To avoid this, the part is removed and washed in water with detergents, or in gasoline if there is no access to water supply.
Then the filter must be thoroughly rinsed and dried, paying close attention to the integrity of the construction. Before installing the part in the mower, you need to lubricate it with a small amount of oil. However, if you do not want to bother with cleaning the machine, then we suggest you check out the mower with mulching function, because it will not only mow the lawn, but also prepare a further fertilizer.
The spark plug can also affect the performance of the engine. You need to unscrew it and check its condition, if necessary replace it with a new one.
If after all these manipulations, the engine still does not start, then you can resort to the tips of experienced masters, who have used them in practice.
Adjust the rpm with the carburettor screw. Place the mower in such a way that the fuel hits the bottom of the carburettor. To do this, the tool must be placed with the air filter on top.
Next, you need to remove it and pour some fuel into the carburetor, then put all the parts in place. The engine should start.
You can pull the starter grip and close the carburettor choke. Then open it and pull the starter a couple more times. This is a fairly universal method, proven over the years.
These tips are not a panacea, but they are quite effective and useful.
Mower stops shortly after starting. The main reason for this malfunction is improper adjustment of the carburetor. It is easy to spot the problem, you will feel a strong vibration when your mower is working. You can fix the problem yourself by consulting the instruction manual, which explains the problem and how to fix it.
The fuel line is the first place to look, and is often the reason why the tool stops working. Check it regularly and clean off any debris.
Lawn mower features
Small details, like the cable and fuel intake hose, can affect the stability of your machine. That’s why it is a good idea to check them for cracks and minor punctures.
STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer/ lawnmower is a lightweight, mobile grass trimmer with plenty of power. Indispensable for meadow and decorative grass, when mowing undulating or rugged terrain. The unit enhances soft grass and clears dense brush or overgrown grass with the same productivity. Small boom size allows you to mow in hard-to-reach places: along house walls, around bushes, posts, benches.
- STIHL FS 55 gasoline grass trimmer / lawnmower. Advantages of the model
- STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer / lawnmower. Model technical description
- Test drive of the STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer / ride-on lawnmower. User manual
STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer / ride-on lawnmower. Product advantages
- Ergonomic two-handled handle in silver color. Fits comfortably in your hand, does not slip during work.
- Engine control built into handle. To make mowing safer and easier, the STIHL FS 55 petrol/diesel hedge trimmers have been designed with safety in mind.
- Changeable cutting attachments extend the functionality of the tool. The STIHL FS 55 gasoline grass trimmer / lawnmower comes with a disc for hard and overgrown grass, a disc for trimming bushes.
- Goggles to protect the eyes. Provides direct and lateral protection, prevents window glass from getting too warm, gives you a clear view.
- STIHL shoulder strap. Comfortable trimmer operation increases productivity, reduces energy loss, distributes the load evenly, doesn’t put pressure on the shoulder. Keeps hands free for productive mowing, holds the grass trimmer in place during cutting.
- High visibility fuel tank with no jolt, allowing the operator to check fuel level at a glance.
- Fuel consumption is monitored by a system. It cuts fuel consumption and produces lower fuel consumption with less fuel consumption.
- Easy trimmer control. No previous knowledge necessary to operate the power tool. The user can easily understand the buttons on the handle, marked with common symbols.
- No motor drive. The chainsaw works in any place of a large area without connection to the mains.
STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer/mower. Technical model description
- Total weight 5 kg.
- Power 1.1 л.С.
- Straight boom design.
- T-handle design.
- Cutting attachments trimmer line, metal blade.
- Maximum permissible mowing area up to 1000 m2.
Running-in of the STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer / lawnmower. Instructions for users
The grass trimmer requires a good running-in period to operate it properly and for a long time afterwards. During the running-in period the moving parts run in, the initial resistance in the drive train is increased, and to reduce this resistance the parts are lightly “worn out”. The break-in procedure also gives the beginner the opportunity to learn how to operate the trimmer.
- Before starting work prepare a fuel mix of the recommended oils and petrol listed in the technical data sheet. The proportions are roughly as follows: by 2.5 l AI.95 adds 100 grams of STIHL oil in a red pack. For mixing, purchase a container made of plastic resistant to corrosive fluids or an aluminum tank. The normal canister is always with corroded micro-parts, accumulating in the carburetor of the saw, rust leads to clogging and breakdown of the assembly.
- The total running-in time is 3 to 4 hours. It is not advisable to run the tool for more than 15 minutes at idle speed during this period. 20. 30 seconds warm-up time is necessary.
- Can be combined with running in and light-dutyuty work, like mowing stiff grass.
- Once every six months, the tool with a warranty period should be brought to the service center for technical inspection and carburetor adjustment.
Every STIHL lawnmower is designed specifically for the intended use with engine power. The manufacturer strongly recommends not to equip or improve the grass trimmer device by yourself. Before you buy a STIHL mower it is important to determine exactly what you want to do with it.
It is completely impractical to purchase a powerful grass trimmer for occasional mowing of grass on the lawn, light petrol or electric mower models are quite sufficient for this.
When operating it is important:
- Work/rest intervals of 20 minutes.
- Use quality gasoline of at least Ai-92.
- Use original STIHL engine oil (50:1) for the fuel mix.
- When running in and out of the engine up to 2-3 full fills of fuel, do not operate the machine at maximum load.
- If you plan to shut down the STIHL lawn mower for the winter or an extended break in operation then you must drain the gasoline from the fuel tank to avoid damage to the engine.
- Check the fuel filter systematically. clean it or replace it with a new one to ensure reliable operation.
- To prevent serious malfunctions, the air filter must not get clogged.
- Follow the safety requirements for operating a STIHL lawn mower.
A long service life and trouble-free operation of your STIHL brushcutter depends on careful attention to the operating instructions.
Signs of imbalance
Adjustment of the carburetor, of course, is made when the device is made. Adjusting the Benzokosa Texas 330 carburetor. Usually owners learn about the need to adjust the fuel supply with their own hands only after serious breakdowns, during the repair of which the module was removed and, for example, cleaned.
Signs of malfunction in the settings are as follows:
- it starts, but the engine stops here. because the engine can only run when a certain amount of gas is supplied with very “bad” fuel, in other words, by blocking the supply line, the engine stops;
- Very high fuel consumption, high emission. the result of incomplete combustion. In this case there is a lot of fuel and the mixture is extremely thick.
STIHL FS grass trimmer 55 lawnmower does not develop turns, stalls, disassembles carburetor Thanks for watching.
Adjusting the carburetor of the grass trimmer FSM 55 on the video we perform to adjust the idle speed.
The carburetor of STIHL, Makita, Husqvarna and other gasoline mowers is adjusted with adjustment screws. Sometimes a prerequisite for the malfunction is a failure of the locking. due to vibration or damage to the protective cap. This failure can be found simply by trying to turn the screw a little: if the lock is not firm, you should check the settings.
Why is the carburettor tuned?? 55
STIHL petrol grass trimmer malfunctions at full throttle !
STIHL FS 55 grass trimmer carburetor adjustment in the video to adjust the idle speed
Working with a series of gasoline trimmers heralds its active use, as the performance of this device is not limited to leveling lawns. As a result, the engine does not work properly, and the adjustment of the carburetor 55 with the introduction of simple manipulation. The resulting irregularities are unpleasant and promise poor performance or waste on fuel consumed in large quantities. You should consider tuning your carburetor grass trimmer when:
- Unexplained engine stalls appear after it is started;
- During operation, the 250 Series braid engine, through an untuned feed mechanism, “growls” under load.
- Operation is accompanied by an increase in the amount of exhaust gases.
In any case, each cause is the mixing of air and gasoline, where adjusting the Model 130 carburetor will avoid unexpected engine stoppages in the middle of operation. Professional gasoline system 130 with a rigid drive shaft provides a fast cutting wood, which in the case of a lack of air in the fuel will stifle the engine. On the other hand, a tuned 38 ruler or 450 model line grass trimmer mixer will not spill gasoline under applied weights when the carburetor is frequently under-vented. At Kosa Motors, you can buy all the components for motorists, learn installation information, and buy a spark plug wrench and other replacement parts for successful repairs.
Check that the carburetor motocross is properly adjusted.
Similarly, a properly configured 55 series mower will show that the applied load does not affect performance. The process of diagnosing the self-adjusting carburetor mechanism will be accompanied by:
- There will be no failure when turning the screws.
- Malfunction. even when the position of the tool is changed;
- No symptoms at full load.
Here it is necessary to test the gasoline trimmer carefully, increasing the load from small portions to the maximum permissible object to be treated. In addition, to prevent other problems, Kosa-Motors recommends timely checking your lawnmower, which requires knowledge and order the lubrication of the gearbox and other components and mechanisms for the long-term and productive work of the device.
Chainsaws. These are very effective and efficient tools that can be used when it comes to handling trees and wood for lumber or firewood. But for their work
Along with such basic elements of a chainsaw as the engine, carburetor and oil pump, the saw chain plays the last role. Because the condition of the chain is directly reflected in the operation of the saw itself. And if