How to use a good blade on a grass trimmer
How to Remove the Reel from an Electric Grass Trimmer
A grass trimmer, gasoline or electric, is the only right solution for cutting grass in hard-to-reach places where you can’t work with a wheeled lawnmower. As a cutting tool in trimmers use metal knives or a special line for the trimmer, which is hammered into the reel of the grass trimmer. But unfortunately, trimmer heads become unusable over time. Some faults can be repaired with your own hands, and some require a complete replacement of the mower.
Grass trimmer with a blade installed on it is most convenient to use for more comfortable mowing tall and coarse grass in the country. trimmer line on a brushcutter fails in such cases. Thin one tears very quickly. Using a thick 2.3 mm of cord or homemade rope rods causes vegetation to wind up on the bobbin. This puts more strain on the motor. The result is very rapid wear and tear on the piston group and other moving parts of the machine.
If you mow weeds produce electric trimmer without a knife, a single line, even a thick with a shaped section, the problem can not be solved. There is always a risk of overheating the electric motor and damaging the flexible shaft. It’s the high torque of the electric motor. the grass coiled up on the spindle generates strong resistance to the shaft, resembling a speedometer cable, which can not stand and twists.
In order to save equipment from premature wear and tear manufacturers have provided the possibility of installing special blades on grass trimmers. Design and shape of existing cutting elements allow you to easily cope not only with rough and overgrown grass, but also to successfully combat young shrubs.
What blades to put on an electric and lawnmower
Before buying and putting a knife on a brushcutter, let’s find out what they are and in what cases they are used. Today, manufacturers offer the consumer a large number of types of these consumables. In general, the entire cutting tool, designed for mowing the grass, can be classified:
The basic material for trimmer blades can be plastic or metal. The use of such consumables largely depends on two parameters:
For safety reasons, manufacturers do not recommend putting steel blades on electric grass trimmers. Almost all electric and battery-powered brushcutters are equipped with plastic blades. Depending on the manufacturer they can be of solid disc construction, with several blades or in the form of special mowing head providing for installation of detachable plastic blades.
Straight shaft of a gasoline grass trimmer and curved shaft of an electric one
The design of an electric grass trimmer prevents the use of a metal blade.
- The curved boom of the device reduces the distance between the working part of the device and the mower’s legs. In case of a collision between blades and a stone or other hard object, the grasshopper is thrown to your feet.
- The high torque that we mentioned above, in case the metal blade collides with a solid object, transmits a high load to the flexible shaft of the grass trimmer and its motor. Which causes their premature failure.
- The handle of an electric brushcutter most often does not have a stop bar to stop it. That does not prevent feet injuries.
Exactly these features allow the use of plastic blades only on trimmers with electric motors. In case of an obstacle the blades break thus protecting the mower’s legs from possible injuries.
Plastic blades handle overgrown and dry grass well. Nettles and burdock stems can be mowed.
The use of metal blades only on gasoline trimmers is also due to the design features.
- Straight boom design provides greater legroom for better safety.
- Comfortable U-shaped and J-shaped handles give a firm grip. D-shaped handles of brushcutters are equipped with a limiter that rests against the leg of the mower, which prevents the head to the feet when the cutting disc encounters a solid obstacle.
- Gasoline engine clutch allows the engine speed to be increased steplessly to the optimum level. And when the blade hits a hard surface it can absorb some of the impact.
Thus, gasoline grass trimmers with a metal blade installed are best used on large areas. Not only do they cut through rough grass, weeds, burdocks and nettles, but also bushes and young trees.
The shape of the blade of the disc, put on the trimmer for the grass has no effect on the quality of work performed. They don’t affect the speed. Triangular, trapezoidal, rectangular shapes are all a marketing ploy by manufacturers.
If you plan to make hay, it is better to put on a brushcutter blades with a large number of blades. Pay attention to discs with eight teeth or discs with four large blades and four additional. Two- and three-blade blades will shred the grass badly.
What blades should be used on the electric lawnmower?
Before you buy and put a knife on a brushcutter, let’s find out what they are and when they are used. Today, manufacturers offer the consumer a large number of types of these consumables. In general, all cutting tools designed for grass mowing can be classified:
The main material for making trimmer blades can be plastic or metal. The use of such expendable elements largely depends on two parameters:
For safety reasons, manufacturers do not recommend putting steel blades on electric grass trimmers. Virtually all cordless and cordless power tool brushcutters have plastic blades. Depending on the manufacturer, they can be solid disc-shaped design, with several blades, or in the form of a special mowing head that provides for installation of removable blades of plastic.
Straight boom on the gasoline grass trimmer and curved boom on the electric trimmer
To put a metal blade on an electric trimmer for grass does not allow its design features.
- The curved boom reduces the distance from the working part of the machine to the hedge trimmer‘s legs. If the blades encounter a rock or other hard object, the brushcutters are kicked back to the ground.
- The high torque we mentioned earlier that is transmitted to the flexible shaft of the grass trimmer and its motor in case of a collision between the metal blade and a hard object. What causes their premature failure.
- Handle of an electric brushcutter in most cases does not have a limiting strip that serves as a stopper. That does not prevent feet injuries.
Exactly these features make it possible to use only plastic blades on trimmers with electric motors. The blades collide with obstacles and break, protecting the mower’s legs from possible injury.
Plastic blades are good for overgrown and dry grass. Nettles and burdock stems can be mowed.
Metal blades are used only on gasoline trimmers because of their design features.
- The straight boom design increases distance to the legs that provides full safety to the user.
- Comfortable U-shaped and J-shaped handles let you hold the tool firmly. The D-handle of the brushcutter is equipped with a stop that rests against the leg of the mower, which prevents the head from getting close to the legs when the cutting disc meets a hard obstacle.
- The clutch on the petrol engine enables the engine speed to be increased steplessly to the optimum level. And when the blade hits a hard surface it can absorb part of the impact.
Thus, gasoline grass trimmers with installed metal blade are best used in large areas. They can successfully cope not only with tall rough grass, weeds, burdocks and nettles, but also with bushes and young trees.
The shape of the blade on the disc trimmer for grass has no impact on the quality of work performed. They also do not depend on speed. triangular, trapezoidal, rectangular forms. a marketing ploy by the manufacturers.
If you plan to cut hay, it is better to use a brushcutter with more blades. Look for discs with eight teeth or discs with four large blades and four extra blades. Two- and three-blade blades will shred grass badly.
Features of brushcutter blades
Blade discs are available in plastic and metal, as well as in different shapes to perform a variety of tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-blade blades with distinctive blades are used for mowing grass and brushwood. However, they are not suitable for making hay, because they chop up the shoots by shredding them several times.
Plastic blades are used as an alternative to metal discs. They do not need to be fixed tightly in the head, and they rotate as a result of centrifugal force. The durability of plastic blades is high, so the service life is long enough.
For your information! The advantage of plastic discs is that when they hit an insurmountable obstacle, they bounce back and there is no renewed contact.
Using discs for trimmers
As mentioned above, gasoline models have a higher power of mowing, so it is preferable to use steel or heavy plastic discs for them. Other models often use light blade blades or light plastic blades. Such cutting devices will not be much of a burden on a low-powered electric or battery-powered machine.
However, the use of this or that kind of knives will not always depend on the power of the equipment. Not the least important in this case will be the transmission mechanism, which can be either rigid or flexible. If you have a rigid mechanism, the rotation is carried out by a shaft, but if you have a flexible mechanism, the rotation passes through a steel wire. Thus, if you put a heavy steel disc in an apparatus with a flexible cord, there will be extreme loads on it, and the whole structure will quickly become unserviceable. Therefore, in the brushcutter, which uses a flexible transmission, install only plastic discs or even a line for the trimmer at all. What to know the type of transfer, just look at the instructions. However, you can also determine it “by eye”. if the grass trimmer has a curved boom, then it is 100% used flexible gear.
IMPORTANT! It is necessary to define the type of a gear before buying a mower blade!
Steel blades often use either alloy tool steel or its carbon tool form. It can also have a tungsten carbide on the blades and teeth. Steel knives are often installed on professional equipment, capable of mowing any grass, young growth, and even small trees with a trunk not exceeding 70 mm. Plastic knives are suitable for household samples, they can mow low weeds, but are better suited for regular lawn mowing.
IMPORTANT! Remember that plastic cutters are not suitable for young growth!
Paddle. they have 2-4 blades, but sometimes there can be more. They are lighter in weight than toothed discs, have less inertia, and are extremely light on the engine along with the gear train of the machine. There are specific areas of application for them:
It is highly desirable to work with bladed discs only on uniform soft grass, because the grass flies away from the blade when you mow. When using three-blade models, the grass trimmer will shred the grass already more finely, respectively, this option can work on tall grass. The four-blade version is already very good for small haymaking.
Their practical application paddle blades are more often found in cottages and small household plots. the best choice for such purposes can be called an electric grass trimmer with a plastic or small steel blade.
Toothed. they will find their application in the case when you need to often mow young growth and small trees. The teeth on the disk are arranged in the form of small pointed protrusions. Their number can vary from 20 to 80. From this you can see that the more teeth on the disk, the more complex operation it can perform (for example, the more teeth, the easier to cut the tree).
What types of trimmer blades there are
Initially, we note that the metal discs can be used not only on gasoline, but also on electric trimmers. The main condition for using metal cutting blades on the equipment is that the transmission mechanism (shaft or reducer) in the tool design must be of a rigid type. Hard-type gearbox is a metal shaft that transmits the torque from the electric or gasoline engine to the working body.
There are trimmer models with flexible shafts, whose gearbox design is represented by a steel cable. These are, as a rule, low-powered electric grass trimmers, which are not designed for heavy loads, as well as household lawnmowers. Do not use metal discs on trimmers with a flexible shaft (only plastic discs can be used), because it will lead to quick failure of the gearbox. Before you buy metal cutting blades, you’ll need to figure out the type of gear train of your tool. rigid or flexible.
What type of transmission mechanism is used on the trimmer is specified in the technical description to the tool. If the grass trimmer has a curved boom, it uses a flexible shaft. Tools with a straight boom can be equipped with rigid and flexible gears, which depends on the power of the grass trimmer.
Trimmer blades are classified according to such characteristics:
- Material of manufacture. they come in plastic and metal.Plastic blades are less efficient than metal blades, but they do not put more strain on the tool’s shaft and drive mechanism. Plastic discs are used on electric trimmers and home-use chain saws
- Cutter design. There are two types of steel discs. bladed and toothed (milled).Plastic blades are produced in the form of blades. Toothed discs have a similar design to circular discs, while paddle discs have large, flat blades
- Number of cutting edges. Number of teeth and blades on the discs is different, which affects cutting performance.Toothed disks have up to 80 links, while paddle disks have one to four links
- Additional coating. steel toothed blades are additionally equipped with Pobedite tips allowing to use the tool for mowing hilly terrain.When the blade comes into contact with obstacles such as earth and stones, the teeth are not deformed or blunted, which is achieved by using Pobedite tips. Experts state that devices with a carbide tip do not last long. The brazing quickly wears out and the cutter is subsequently used without any pobedite
Plastic knives for trimmers not only cost less than metal knives, but also do not have high loads on the engine and transmission mechanism. This is especially true when the blade runs into obstacles. The more elastic the cutting blade, the less likely the plastic discs are to warp.
This is interesting!Toothed discs with a large number of links are used for mowing different types of grass. dry grass, green lawn grass and thick-stemmed grass. The blade achieves straight, clean and even cuts. In addition, a large number of teeth eliminates their rapid blunting, and the presence of additional holes on the surface of the circle (peoria) is designed not only to cool, but also to reduce weight and increase inertia.
Installing a blade on a grass trimmer
Before you change the blade on your trimmer, you must unplug it from the mains. If it is a brushcutter. then shut off the engine.
- If the grass trimmer has not been used before. Insert the hexagon socket wrench (or a rod with a suitable diameter, it can also be a nail) into the hole in the gearbox. This is to prevent the shaft from spinning. Unscrew the retaining nut and remove the gear cup from the shaft.
- If the mowing head is installed. As in p.1, insert the wrench into the hole in the gearbox. Hold the wrench and unscrew the mowing head.
- Place the washer onto the hub and then the blade. Make sure the projections match the notches. Then the blade will be correctly centered.
- Place the thrust washer and gear cup on top of the knife.
- Insert the securing nut on the shaft and tighten counterclockwise. You will need a socket wrench for this.
- Please note that the nut is not unscrewed during work, most gasoline trimmers have a stud, which is inserted into the hole in the shaft.
Grass trimmer blade installation. video
Here is a video on how to change the blade on your STIHL petrol-powered trimmer. We remind you that the installation steps may vary slightly depending on the model. So don’t forget to take a look at the instructions!
If the disc on the trimmer is used regularly, it needs to be removed from time to time and sharpened or replaced with a new one. This part can be made of metal or plastic, have a different number of blades, but the replacement process remains the same. over, this procedure is similar for equipment from different manufacturers, whether Carver or Huter, but there may be minor differences. Changing the blade on the trimmer is simple enough if you follow the safety precautions and know the correct procedure, a description of which can be found in the user manual. The whole process of replacement step by step, as well as the way of sharpening knives yourself, will be described in this material.
Replaceable blade for grass trimmer or cord: which to choose??
The choice between fishing line and other cutting components should be based on a number of features that each of the listed types of saw headsets has.
The main “disadvantage” of cord is limited possibilities against high grass. This is due to the fact that long stems are more easily entangled on a flexible shaft or bobbin.
Grass trimmer cutters are effective at:
unlike a fishing line, a cord cutter is easily damaged by collision with foreign objects. fences, stones. Therefore, it must be used very carefully, avoiding hard objects under it.
A universal tool that has proven itself for a wide range of tasks is the disc. Whether made of plastic or metal, its durability is many times greater than a conventional cord or cutter.
Advantages of disc knives for grass trimmer:
- Efficiency for large areas;
- Good performance, which is practically not affected by their shape. 3- and 4-blade discs do not lag behind the usual rounded ones in terms of performance, although they are too crushing the mowed mass;
- Adaptable to any type of vegetation.
The main disadvantage of discs for lawn mowers is their increased moment of inertia, which negatively affects the viability of the drive.
Modern manufacturers of garden equipment produce components and spare parts in parallel with the production of trimmers. That’s why there’s no problem selecting a cutterbar or disc that is compatible with your brushcutter.
Block: 3/6 | Number of characters: 1711
The advantages of trimmer discs compared to cord
Trimmer disc compared to cord, has its own advantages. To know these advantages is necessary in order to decide whether to buy and use metal cutting blades or not. Consider all the advantages of trimmer discs:
- ability to handle a variety of vegetation, unlike a fishing line. it can be dry grass, long and thick-stemmed grass, even small vegetation. A trimmer line has difficulty cutting medium-sized grass, and is unable to cut through thick-stemmed grass. Cord will either get tangled in the grass, or the trimmer line will wear out quickly, which is not rational at all
- High speed of getting results. unlike the fishing line, the disc cuts the grass in one pass (with good sharpening) without “roosting”, therefore, trimmers with metal discs cut faster than with the cord
- Discs do not wear out, unlike filament. The cutting blades or wheel parts will get blunt, but this can be solved by sharpening. How to sharpen a metal trimmer disc, described in the material below. With prolonged use, the cutting devices wear out, but they last for at least 3-5 years
- Long life in contrast to the fishing line, which is due to the design of the equipment
There are also disadvantages to the cutting devices under consideration for trimmers. The first disadvantage is that you cannot use the tool with the disc when you mow near obstacles like trees, buildings, rocks, benches, etc.п. When the disc collides with an obstacle, the drive brakes, which is reflected in the form of such disadvantages:
- The motor overheats
- the cutting parts of the disc are damaged and become blunt
- Transmission mechanisms. flexible and rigid shafts (gearbox). break down
If you plan to mow dense grass in the field, you can’t do without a grass trimmer with a metal blade installed. The line for the trimmer is used for mowing small grass on the homestead areas near obstacles.
This is interesting! On trimmers with a curved boom design, steel discs cannot be used for safety reasons. If the disc encounters an obstacle, a kickback effect occurs, whereby the cutting part can fall under the operator’s feet. the operator risks serious injury as a result.
Block: 3/8 | Quantity of characters: 2275
Grass trimmer disc. design
Discs can be serrated or paddle-shaped (knives).
This tool has 2 to 4 blades, sometimes more. They are lighter than toothed ones, have less moment of inertia, and put less stress on the grass trimmer’s engine and transmission mechanism. Areas of use: making hay, mowing lawns and not very big weeds. Paddle tools come in:
- with two blades. Used for single-passage mowing of soft grass (lawns). Such tool shreds grass greatly. The grass flies away from the disc when mowing;
- the three-blade tool is used for tall grass. By the way, plastic blades are also usually made with three blades;
- with four blades and more are used for mowing hay. Few blades barely shred grass. The more blades, the less is the grass shredded.
For private plots and cottages often buy an electric trimmer for the grass and a plastic or small steel blade. They are not ideal for cutting brushwood or young trees, but they are good for any kind of grass. No harm in a lightweight and lightly loaded grass trimmer.
If you have to mow not only grass with a brushcutter but also brushwood and thin trees or bushes, it is more convenient to use a circular blade. Disc-shaped blades have finer serrations. The number of tines varies from two to 80. The number of tines determines which plants can be mowed (cut) with the trimmer. According to the number of teeth, blades are divided into the following kinds
- with 2 teeth. used for mowing lawns and soft low grass;
- with 3. for coarser grass, small dry growth;
- Four-toothed discs are used for hard grass and small brushwood;
- Use eight-toothed blades for very coarse grass (for example, hogweed), small brushwood. This kind of disc hardly shreds grass anymore. But they have no problem cutting brushwood;
- disc with 24 teeth designed for cutting small bushes
- tools with 40 or more teeth are designed for use in professional brushcutters with high power. Such discs resemble cutters and can cope not only with large shoots and deadwood, but also trees up to 70 mm in diameter.
Where and which knife is better?
When the possibilities of the fishing line are not enough, you should consider replacing it with a steel or plastic blade. If the trimmer comes with a replacement knife, there is no problem: replacement of cutting equipment is made in accordance with the instruction manual for the grass trimmer. But this is not always the case.
Find out the suitability of the installation blade on the existing electric trimmer for grass (with gasoline such problems will not be) can be on the actual number of revolutions of the flexible shaft. If when replacing the spool with the line on the knife, the engine picks up the set number of revolutions in a second or less, the replacement is possible, otherwise the engine will overheat, and the gearbox of the grass trimmer will quickly fail.
It’s interesting to compare the three most common blade designs. multi-blade circular blades, two-blade blades and three-blade blades.
Metal circular blades
Usually the trimmer comes with several such blades, but you can buy them separately by measuring the outside diameter of the blade and the configuration of the seating hole. For example, STIHL and Husquarna circular blades are interchangeable. Disc blades differ in the number of teeth, height (can be different height), as well as the solidity of the blade. These knives are most often installed on trimmers from STIHL, Huter, AL-KO, equipped with a straight bar, and are the most rigid. They work well with old growth and long stems, but when working with young grass there is often a sticking of the cuttings on the inner surface of the blade guard.
Peorized blade grass trimmers have faster acceleration than solid blades. The disadvantage of circular blades is the higher moment of inertia, which explains the higher starting power of the drive. With low-cost designs and frequent work stoppages, this leads to overheating of the motor and adversely affects its durability.
Double-blade and triple-blade knives
The Bosch brand supplies such blades with its electric grass trimmers. Their moment of inertia is minimal and has almost no effect on the functionality of the drive. The convenience of operating such a design lies in the fact that separate replacement of each of the blades is allowed. The trimmers of this design have a J-shaped curved boom. Two-blade blades run steadily on a homogeneous crop. They throw the cuttings well to the side and do not allow the trimmings to stick or wrap around the shaft.
Three-blade and two-blade knives are quite competitive with disc knives, but the thickness of the blade should not be less than 2mm. Forged knives are more durable than stamped (found on trimmers manufactured in China). It is easy to distinguish them. the stamped blades have clearly visible cut-off punch marks with distinctive chipping and shearing zones, which are absent on the forged blades.
“Shark” is a nozzle of the three blades, and each blade is mounted relative to the other at an angle of 120 °. The advantage of this design is that each blade can be set independently. As a result, when mowing an area with different types of vegetation (grass, weeds, dead wood) the quality of mowing will be approximately the same. over, as the interval between the blades of grass is reduced, the grass is ejected more intensively. Shark” head is compatible with many sizes of electric trimmers, has a low dead weight, but requires periodic adjustment of the blades, which are attached to the base with conventional screws.
The moment of inertia of the circular blade can be reduced by, for example, using a punching press. Grinding holes must be perfectly symmetrical in relation to the center of gravity of the blade. The tool becomes lighter, and its cutting performance does not change. Correct sharpening of the cutter blade can also have a positive effect. It is performed with a low RPM of medium grit emery wheel. The teeth are ground at an angle of 30°. Do not use a grass trimmer blade with a carbide tipped blade. the quality of the cut will remain almost the same, but the weight of the tool will increase.
Where and what is the best knife?
When the possibilities of the fishing line is not enough, you should think about replacing it with a steel or plastic blade. If a replacement knife is included with the trimmer, there are no problems: the replacement of the cutting equipment is made in accordance with the instruction manual for the grass trimmer. But this is not always the case.
Find out the suitability of the installation of the blade on the existing electric trimmer for grass (with gasoline such problems will not be) can be on the actual number of revolutions of the flexible shaft. If when replacing the bobbin with a line on the knife, the engine picks up the set number of revolutions in a second or less, then the replacement is possible, otherwise the engine will overheat a lot, and the gearbox grass trimmer will quickly fail.
It is interesting to compare between themselves the three most common variants of knives. multi-toothed disc, as well as with two and three blades.
Metal circular blades
The trimmer usually comes with several such blades, but you can buy them separately by measuring the outside diameter of the blade and the configuration of the seating hole. For example, STIHL and Husquarna circular blades are interchangeable. Disc knives differ in the number of teeth, height (they can be different heights), and the solidity of the blade. These knives are most often installed on STIHL, Huter, AL-KO trimmers with a straight boom and are the most rigid. Good for old growth and long stems, but young grass often tends to stick to the inside of the blade guard.
A grass trimmer with a peorized blade has faster acceleration than a solid blade. The disadvantage of circular blades is an increased moment of inertia, so the starting power of the drive increases. On cheap designs and with frequent stops in work, this leads to overheating of the engine and adversely affects its durability.
Two-blade and three-blade knives
The Bosch brand of electric grass trimmers has such blades. Their moment of inertia is minimal and has little or no effect on the functionality of the drive. Operating convenience of such design is in the fact that separate replacement of each of the blades is possible. These trimmers have a J-shaped cutter bar. Double-blade knives work steadily on the homogeneous mowed material. They keep the cuttings well out of the way, with no sticking or wrapping of the cuttings on the shaft.
Three-blade and two-blade knives are quite competitive with disc knives in their capabilities, but the thickness of the blade should not be less than 2 mm. Forged knives are more durable than stamped knives (found on Chinese-made trimmers). They are easy to distinguish. the stamped blades clearly distinguish the traces of the cutting punch with the presence of characteristic zones of chipping and shearing, which is not the case with forged blades.
The “Shark” is a three-blade head with each blade fixed to the other at an angle of 120°. The advantage of this design is that each blade can be adjusted individually. As a result the quality of mowing in an area with different types of vegetation (grass, weeds, dead wood) is approximately the same. In addition, because the interval between mowing with each blade is shorter, the grass will be thrown more intensively. Head “Akula” is compatible with many sizes of electric trimmers, differs with low own weight, but it requires periodical adjustment of blades which are fixed to the base with usual screws.
The moment of inertia of the circular blade can be reduced by individually adjusting its surface, for example on a punching press. Peroralnye holes should be located strictly symmetrically to the center of gravity of the blade. The tool becomes lighter, but its cutting ability does not change. Correct sharpening of the blades of the interchangeable blade gives a positive effect. It is performed at low revolutions of the grinding wheel with medium grit. The teeth are sharpened at an angle of 30°. It is not necessary to use a grass trimmer blade with a carbide tipped blade. the cutting quality remains almost the same, but the weight of the tool increases.
How to choose a blade for a grass trimmer
If you mow lawn and garden weeds regularly (at least once a month), an 8-toothed blade is the best choice. For tall grass it is better to choose a tool with 24 teeth or more. the grass gets wrapped around them less. For a small power electric grass mower choose plastic blades or light steel paddle tools. It might be a good idea to have two or three different discs for different jobs. For mowing grass, you should pay attention to the tool with holes. these discs are easier and less stressful for the electric motor trimmer for grass.
It is better to choose discs made of alloy steel or with pobedite tips. The best. pobedite disks for trimmers. To mow the lawn and vegetable garden several times a season you can buy even Chinese products. The Chinese disk is inexpensive (400-700) and will last a couple of seasons. Or even more. Brand-name drives are more durable, but will last longer. И
Range of saw chain repair machines
A special machine for riveting chainsaw chains is included in the list of working equipment of specialized workshops. The proposed range includes several budget and branded imported models
The riveting machines of STIHL, Husqvarna and Champion brands are characterized by higher capabilities and comfortable level of work.
Technically advanced devices ensure high quality of riveted joints, saving time and money.
Conclusions on efficiency
To summarize, it is worth saying that manufacturers do not just use a special line for the trimmer. It mows the grass well and does not overload the mechanics of the machine. If it’s over and there’s still a lot of work to be done, it’s better to buy a new one. For temporary use, of course, you can install a metal rope, but at the first opportunity it should be replaced, with a special line for the trimmer. Otherwise, it is detrimental to the technical condition of the tool.
Choose a line for your trimmer not only in thickness but also in shape, here’s why: the cord doesn’t cut the stem, it breaks it. The rotating string repeatedly strikes the surface of the stem and finally separates the top of the stem. For this kind of work, the shape of the cutting edge is an important technical characteristic.